Gransnet forums

Health

Black Dog Gang 7

(1000 Posts)
Anniebach Thu 06-Aug-20 22:18:40

Hello , a new thread, welcome all x

I have been off line since this morning , and land line down !

Doodle Thu 06-Aug-20 22:33:31

Hi annie. Glad I’ve found you..
That annoying being out of contact all day. Hope you are all back and connected now.
It’s been so hot here today I’m drained. Tomorrow promises to be even hotter. I’m off to bed soon. Feeling a bit anxious and I think I just need to go to sleep and see if I can wake up a bit more positive tomorrow.
Hope everyone is ok. Sleep well all x

Joce345 Fri 07-Aug-20 00:07:40

Hi all Doodle feeling much the same.. finding life hard a the mo, praying for a better day tomorrow..
how’s your day been Annie.
hope everyone else is doing ok.
Wishing you all a peaceful nights sleep ?

Nonnie Fri 07-Aug-20 10:11:21

Good morning, hope all are well. Nothing to say, just checking in.

Doodle Fri 07-Aug-20 11:05:54

Morning nonnie . Hope you are ok.
Im still having a wobble or two. How are you Joce.
annie are you ok.
It’s very very hot here . Take care all.

Joce345 Fri 07-Aug-20 18:11:08

Hi all still same for me Doodle, really wish I could enjoy the sunshine, sure it will pass. Hope every else is doing ok.
Hugs for all ?

rafichagran Fri 07-Aug-20 19:54:18

Hello Annie, Nonnie, hope you are both as well as can be.
Doodle and Joce, I hope you sleep alright tonight given this heat.
To all other posters I hope you have a good evening.

lavenderzen Fri 07-Aug-20 20:09:08

Hello everyone. Just calling in to wish you all a peaceful evening and a good nights sleep.
Take care, stay safe and love to all xx

Anniebach Fri 07-Aug-20 21:27:30

Back on line again, chap sorted the land line, then another
chap sorted the problems with the internet.

Younger granddaughter came which was joyous.

Next door had a go at my lovely gardener, wants him to clear
here garden, couple of days ago she asked a neighbour to give
her 2 slices of bread because she was hungry, she had been to
the shop that day, he refused, shortly after the ambulance was
there.

Am very troubled, elder granddaughter is having nightmares
about her mother.

I am so tired , too hot

lavenderzen Fri 07-Aug-20 22:02:52

Annie just seen your post, glad you have had a happy time with your youngest grandaughter xx
Glad your telephones etc also have been sorted out and your garden.
Sorry about next door again, I do wish they would take her in to assess her.
I'm so sorry to hear about your eldest granddaught and the nightmares. You must be upset when you hear those things.
Try to get some sleep Annie, much love xx

Doodle Sat 08-Aug-20 00:13:55

Hello all. It’s so hot. Hope you all manage to sleep ok tonight.
Glad you had a visit from your younger DGD annie but sorry your other granddaughter is having nightmares. I wonder what’s brought that on now.

Sorry your neighbour is playing up again.
Take care all and have a peaceful night x

MaggieTulliver Sat 08-Aug-20 08:38:22

Good morning all, especially to Joyce. Sorry to hear you’re having a blip, it will pass. I haven’t been here for a while but am really struggling with my anxiety (and health anxiety) at the moment. I feel literally terrified a lot of the time, such a waste of a life. I live on my own and my daughter has just gone back to her uni town so am feeling very lonely. I’m so tired of feeling like this and can’t see an end to it.

Nonnie Sat 08-Aug-20 09:45:57

Good morning all, hope you slept well.

MaggieT sorry it is so bad at the moment, just let it all out on here.

Doodle and Joce just keep on keeping on and wobble away, wobbling is better than falling over!

Annie mixed good and bad is better than just bad. I think we worry more about those we love than ourselves.

Too hot to do much today so going to just enjoy the garden and drink a lot.

I've been musing again. Coming on here is therapeutic because we don't know each other and don't make unrealised judgements. We don't see how others look, we don't know whether others live in an enormous luxurious house or social housing or what they do/did for a living. All things which, without realising it, we pigeon hole people. Most importantly we don't care.

Just imagine that I am 5' 7" with beautiful hair, elegant and knowledgeable, kind to all and never have a bad thought in my head (grin)

Anniebach Sat 08-Aug-20 10:30:34

Hi all x

lavender you went through with your hospital appointment
and on your own , be proud , you deserve a ? x

nonnie what is it like to be perfect ?, I too am 5.7 but pass on the rest x

Doddle you didn’t sleep well ? hot weather can make nights
difficult x

Maggie hello, sorry you are struggling, we are trying to cope with ‘The unknown’, very little is how things were before the virus , and ‘the unknown’ can increase anxiety, I too live
alone, this thread helps with it x

MaggieTulliver Sat 08-Aug-20 11:25:58

Thank you Annie and Nonnie. I’ve just been on a walk with the dog and feel a bit better although exhausted with the heat! I hope you all have a calm day.

Doodle Sat 08-Aug-20 11:54:06

Hello maggie. I’m glad you have a dog. They can be such good company if you are on your own. Not surprising you are feeling a bit low after your DD has gone back to uni. It takes time to adjust again. Sorry you are worried about your health too. Pop in here for some company anytime.
nonnie I always knew you were a glamorous lady ?
lavender how are you today?
I am having the sort of wobble that hangs around on your mind all the time. Just sort of hovering. Sometimes I dwell on it others I can push it away for a while.
annie really sorry about your DGD. Has something happened that has brought the loss of her mother into her mind more? Hope the nightmares stop and her memories are happier ones.
As for how I look. Without having my 6 weekly hair cut for over 21 weeks imagine a bedraggled witch (on the plump side) with a wild mane of hair. ?
Take care all my friends. Have a good day x

Anniebach Sat 08-Aug-20 12:39:34

May I speak of facing the unknown ? I am not comparing with
the virus.

My husband was killed when I was 33, a 7 and 5 year old, we had to move from the police house into a House on a new
housing estate, no street lights, no telephone, I had never been
alone , lived with my parents until I married.

No neighbours, no through road, no internet, sat alone with the thoughts - what if I die my little girls ! health anxiety started, how can I cope alone , what if I can’t pay the rent ,
on and on it went, anxiety and panic went higher and higher
Couldn’t even phone the Samaritans!

I did cope ,I did pay the rent , I didn’t fall and break my neck
but I haven’t forgotten that time, the fear, the ‘whatiferies’,

All these years on - what if a catch the virus, who will be there
for my grandchildren, the youngest still has one more year at
university, her mother died during her first year.

In 1966 the Aberfan disaster, the safest place on earth wasn’t the safest place on earth

Fear of the unknown can be torture but we can come through it, x

MaggieTulliver Sat 08-Aug-20 14:52:22

Thank you for sharing that Annie, what a life you’ve had. We can predict nothing, you’re right and I know that it’s my desire for certainty that fuels my anxiety.

Puzzler61 Sat 08-Aug-20 14:59:36

I didn’t know all that Anniebach about your life as I joined at the beginning of lockdown.

No wonder you are such a compassionate and understanding woman. You have been through such a lot, and as you say you have dug deep and found you had the strength to come through it.

I hope you enjoy good times too. ?

Scaredycat Sat 08-Aug-20 15:28:51

Hello everyone! I,m new here and it’s good to hear you all “talk”. Like Maggie I too have anxiety especially about health and yes it’s the uncertainty that is the worst thing to deal with. It’s sooo hot isn,t it - my husband still loves to lay in it - I think I,ll go outside and find a pile of cinders one day!! Hope you all have a good evening. Stay safe

Doodle Sat 08-Aug-20 17:50:23

Hello scaredycat is your username an indication of how you feel about life?
What you will find about most people on this thread is that we all worry about different things but the end result is still the same. Worry, anxiety, panic attacks, depression.
annie you are so right. It is fear of the unknown and we do come through in the end x

Doodle Sat 08-Aug-20 17:52:12

Hello puzzler I missed you there. You are so right about annie being compassionate and understanding. annie has helped so many. Me included . ?

Puzzler61 Sat 08-Aug-20 18:16:35

My brush with the Black Dog is in the past.
2 years have passed and I turned the corner into a good place 1 year ago. There was no immediate help for me down the gp route so I paid. It helped me to see where my thoughts had become skewed shall we say, and I had to re-educate them.

I am once again a glass half full person but an episode like that gives insight and a lasting understanding for people whose lives are blighted by this continually - or in bouts, coming sometimes out of nowhere.

Everyone has a personal journey starting from different points. Bless Annie for keeping this thread going. ?

lavenderzen Sat 08-Aug-20 20:14:30

Hello everyone
How are you Annie, hope things are quieter on your close and you slept better last night xx
Welcome to Maggie Scardeycat you will find a lot of understanding here, with people who care. Glad you are with us. Also Puzzler.
How are you Joyce Doodle and Nonnie and all those I have forgotten? Keep, keeping on.
We all keep wobbling, things fade and then resurface, but we have to keep going.
I hope everyone has a peaceful evening, and sleep well tonight. Stay safe, take care, love to all xx

Anniebach Sat 08-Aug-20 20:39:37

Didn’t mean to post a ‘meme’ , I did so because I feel strongly
that mental health problems should be talked about as freely
as toothache.

I have spoken out for years because I so remember when it was hushed up and women were given Valium for PND,
bereavement, anxiety etc. Valium was known as ‘mothers little
helpers’, no counselling, people with anxiety and depression who desperately tried to get help from their GP were known
as fat envelopes, the days when GP’s had to write everything down. Thank God we have moved on but many are still
reluctant to speak of these .

A year after my husband’s death I was admitted to a mental
hospital, an eating disorder, two of my sisters were so
embarrassed my father demanded they visited me .

There is help now , we must ask and expect it .

puzzler I have had much happiness, thank you x

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion