Gransnet forums

Health

Black Dog Gang 7

(1001 Posts)
Anniebach Thu 06-Aug-20 22:18:40

Hello , a new thread, welcome all x

I have been off line since this morning , and land line down !

Anniebach Sun 04-Oct-20 22:07:22

Ooops sorry I can’t count ,

Black Dog 8 coming up x

Anniebach Sun 04-Oct-20 22:05:39

I just noticed we are very close to the end of the thread .

Hope no one minds if I start thread 8, we have been joined by
lovely new posters and at times there are posts quite early in the morning, I wouldn’t want anyone to think Black Dog had
closed .

Anniebach Sun 04-Oct-20 21:59:11

Chrissy my three sisters and their families live in the same town , I miss them, we were very close Godparents to each other’s children and then our children became Godparents for each other’s children.

Lavender yes my darling daughter, I adored her, and I thank
God she was my beautiful child. I so hope you are feeling better now, so pleased you are back posting with us x

Doodle I cope because I have to and want to, my darling daughter asked me to care for her children as I cared for her and her sister.

This is what I see as acceptance, there are somethings we cannot change so the answer is acceptance , which is something I tend to go on about, don’t I x

Doodle Sun 04-Oct-20 21:23:36

What a wet soggy day it’s been today. Doesn’t lift the spirits much.
How has everyone been?
Annie I cant imagine how you cope day to day. At least you know your DGC love you. You’ve been the strong one for all your family. I hope your mini tornado is back with you soon.
Lucyanne I can’t believe they ran out of vaccine again.
So you make masks. That is a rewarding job for sure. Do you do any other type of sewing.? I’m surprised it was dry enough for you to garden today. The ground is so wet here.
Chrissy are you doing breathing exercises too? Do you find it helps?
Bluesky, hopefully you will sleep well tonight if you didn’t nap during the day. I too hope for better weather. It’s good to get out and walk.
Lavender lovely to hear from you again. I hope you are feeling better and your arm is not so painful now. Hope your DD and DGD are ok too.
Sleep well all x

lavenderzen Sun 04-Oct-20 21:04:38

And Chrissy xx

lavenderzen Sun 04-Oct-20 20:48:32

Hello everyone
Annie I am sending you loving thoughts, I know how much you have been through and how long these months have been for you. You are thinking about Katherine, I know xx Your mini tornado will come as soon as is possible - I am glad she is going to do her studying on line, that is the very best thing at present.
This situation we are all in is a worry for all of us I know, I just block it off and try not to even think about it now, it has been so long. I never watch the news anymore, it just brings you down to listen to it all.
Glad to see you Flutterby sorry you are still waiting for results for a family member - we are all thinking about you.
Joyce you are struggling I know, glad you had a happy time with the little ones, it will have been a tonic for you.
Scaredycat I know what you mean about that feeling of dread, its horrible. When I woke up at 3 a.m. two weeks ago after the flu jab in so much pain I thought, is this how its always going to be - I always think like that about things - its a habit that is difficult to break. Take care, we are all here together getting through things.
Love to Doodle Nonnie Bluesky Lucyanne Scrapgrany and anyone I have missed out. Good to see you here b1ssle you will find lots of help and understanding here.
The day has been a bit brighter after this interminable rain we have all had - the nights are drawing in, and I hate the night time, I am always glad when its morning. Hopefully we will have better days ahead.
Wishing everyone a peaceful evening and a good night's sleep, take care and stay safe - we can do this, we have to plod on and try not to wobble too much.
Love to all xx

BlueSky Sun 04-Oct-20 20:28:24

Chrissy would you believe not even 5 minutes? Normally I nap without fail, this afternoon and evening, nothing, just tired and yawning , but no sleep! Yes I think the weather is slowly improving this week, let’s hope so for our walks.
Goodnight all x brew

ChrissyR Sun 04-Oct-20 20:05:33

Evening everyone
Welcome b1zzle smile
BlueSky hope you managed to nap later today after being up at 5
Scaredycat it must be lovely to have lots of GC and GGC
lucyanne I used to nap regularly in the afternoons but not anymore, wish I could some days
Doodle I bought a light board and some magnifying glasses for my diamond painting
Annie I’m so sorry that you don’t have family close to you now. I hope it’s not too long until your mini tornado can visit again
joce I’m with you on the wanting to move fast, the sooner we can get back to some sort of normality the better
lucyanne I don’t believe that they ran out of flu jabs again, that’s ridiculous. Yes the tip from Meryl about the breathing exercises definitely helps. It’s amazing that, when you concentrate on it, you realise that your usual breathing is ‘wrong’
Hope everyone else is doing ok. The weather has been atrocious all day, the same yesterday. Hoping it will be better tomorrow. Enjoy your evening everyone and sleep well x

lucyanne Sun 04-Oct-20 17:04:55

Hello all, I think we must all be feeling down and worried at present.
Nonnie 2nd attempt at flu jab they had run out of vaccine again. I am going to have to try an am app. Cumbria not the best for health care. Are you inviting us all to share your cake when it arrives? Sounds yummy.
Chrissy sorry you have not been feeling your best. Did the breathing exercises Myril gave you help?
Scardycat have you seen a picture of the new baby? How exciting.
Flutterby good to hear from you. Hope you feel brighter soon. I don't like the thought that it will soon be too cold to meet friends outdoors.
Joyce delighted to hear you got out away from neighbours. Young ones cheer me up as they are oblivious to anything but the present moment.
Doodle great that you have concentration to sew. Rewarding seeing an item take shape. I have been contacted by NHS to see if I will make more breathable washable masks for asthmatics. Scary thinking they are running out again and not sorted supplies!
Making the most of the sun today by doing some gardening.
To all I have missed enjoy today. x

Joce345 Sun 04-Oct-20 16:13:48

Annie God bless you please stay strong.. it’s so hard for you, my heart goes out to you. ?Your lovely Granddaughter will be with you soon this can’t go on much longer.. I agree with you we need that laughter so much, it’s what keeps me going..
I can remember reading are someone saying....
how quickly or slowly time passes depends how fast your moving. At this moment I want to move so fast..

Anniebach Sun 04-Oct-20 13:27:56

It’s such a downer when you can’t have family visit us in our
homes, my only family now are my three grandchildren, they
live in a lockdown area, and my younger daughter who lives a
5 hour drive away.

When we went into lockdown in March I didn’t see anyone for
17 weeks, got through it ok. Very lonely but had to accept it.

This lockdown is much harder to accept, am coping with a
few months of much sadness and don’t know when my granddaughter will be able to come here. I need her laughter
and chatter so much.

Three years ago I had my darling elder daughter, three grandchildren,my three sisters, nieces and nephews and three close friends here, now - no one .

Acceptance can be so difficult but it is the only answer.

Doodle Sun 04-Oct-20 13:07:24

Flutterby sorry you can’t meet up with family in your homes. It will be difficult with the weather getting worse.
Sorry you still haven’t had those tests for your family member.
Family worries are the worst thing for me so I do appreciate you feeling down at the moment. Hope the situation resolved itself soon.
Bluesky with so many people being worried about the virus, those with health anxiety will probably have more people who sympathise with them than normal. This virus has rocked our world and we haven’t encountered anything like it before. It is difficult to adjust. The only thing we can do is try and behave in a sensible manner and not take chances. Hope you have a better day today.
Scrapgrany your symptoms of sleeping more go hand in hand with depression. I do that too. Good you have friends to keep an eye on you.
Nonnie is the new baby related to you or a friends baby?
Glad you are keeping yourself well and you are feeling ok.
Chrissy I find the painting fun but can only do it in short bursts, I need a magnifying glass and good light to do it so about an hour at a time is my max.
blzzle All are welcome here. How are you?
Scaredycat you sound just like me. Not looking forward to things in case something goes wrong. That’s me exactly. It’s a hard pattern to break. Sad really as it takes the joy out of life.
What a lovely big family you have. Do they live close to you?
Lucyanne with this damp weather I doubt you can get out into your garden. Do you have an electric wheelchair?
Are you crafting or making anything at the moment?
Annie nice to have you with us. It is raining a lot here but probably not as much as where you are. Mind you I love mountains in the rain. In the mist they look bleak but at the same time you can think of how long they have been there and all the people who have walked there over the years.
Oops I’ve gone off on a medieval fantasy journey ?
Have a good day all. x

Anniebach Sun 04-Oct-20 12:23:02

Hello lucyanne thank you x . Yes raining in Wales - again , think Wales is known for mountains, sheep and Rain !

How are you?

lucyanne Sun 04-Oct-20 12:19:03

A warm welcome Scrapgranny, Lucyrose and Blzzle there is always understanding and kindness on this thread. x

Scrapgranny I find it easier to slip into afternoon sleeps on an afternoon in winter. I benefit from having careers that get me up after an hour. I plan a daily activity so that motivates me to get moving so I can cross it off my list.
Good that you have friends to encourage you and mobile enough to get out walking. Will friends not back off if you don't make the effort? Can you not invite one around for company? Sounds as if you have an excellent G.P.

Luckyrose I can hear you have had a rough time. Has it been a long time since you separated? Perhaps you are only stage 2 of grief/shock. Your dream is interesting as burning someone is an non aggressive anger emotion without stress, a new phase in your life. (C.Young Phy.) There is always hope for a new future after pain.

lucyanne Sun 04-Oct-20 11:57:16

Hello Annie so good you are back with us and your words of support. Wales/Devon seems to have had the worst of the weather. It was so dark and dismal not the best for our moods on top of all the other worries. Keep strong my love. x

Scaredycat Sun 04-Oct-20 11:43:36

Morning all on yet another wet old day! Come back sun I,ll never moan about being hot again!!!!
Flutter sorry you feel fed up - the virus has really ramped up health anxiety for those of us who suffer with it. Hope today is better.
Bluesky you too feeling low - this seems to be happening to lots of us at the moment young and old alike. Hope you,re ok today and find something nice to take your mind off things.
Joce the Pumpkin day must have been so lovely. There is something about a pumpkin face that always cheers me up! I have a ceramic one and have already lit him up in the evenings!! But your real ones will be fab
Annie you are so right everyone seems to be struggling a bit right now - we,re all feeling the same I think. The virus overshadows everything and when you do get out it feels a bit like Russian Roulette!!! I think you have been sensible about Mini tornado but it can,t have been an easy decision.
Hi Lavender good to hear from you.
Nonnie your poor friend no wonder you long to hug her . When It happened to me friends were such a comfort. It certainly isn,t self indulgent to miss your friends - they are so important to us for all sorts of reasons.
Doodle yes family are the most important thing in life. I have 3 lovely stepchildren and my 2 children. We have 8 GC with 3 GGC and 3 step GC one of whom has just had the little boy. We are so lucky.
Sometimes though the anxiety and fear spoil any anticipation of things so I cope by not looking forward to anything in case it goes wrong.
Hi Blizzle welcome.
To everyone of you I hope your Sunday is a good one and take care of yourselves you are specialx

BlueSky Sun 04-Oct-20 11:35:04

Morning all. Slept till 5 then awake thinking about this that and the other. Got up then felt tired later, tried to go back to bed but hopeless, so feeling jet lagged without the jet! Another dismal day. Never mind I’ll nap in front of the tv later x brew

Anniebach Sun 04-Oct-20 10:51:34

Hello blzzle welcome x

b1zzle Sun 04-Oct-20 10:47:05

Is it too late for me to join in?

ChrissyR Sun 04-Oct-20 10:42:43

Morning all
Doodle sounds like you were busy with your sewing yesterday. I’m still trying to get back into my diamond painting. I can manage a little bit but can’t find the motivation to really get into it.
Flutterby hope you feel brighter soon.
Annie and BlueSky you’re right, we’re all in the same boat.
Nonnie sorry you didn’t get your cake grin
Hi lavenderzen scrapgranny joce luckyrose and Lucyanneand anyone else I’ve missed
Have a good day everyone x

Nonnie Sun 04-Oct-20 10:02:28

Luckyrose welcome to the gang. Please try not to be bitter, it hurts you more than those you feel bitterness for.

Scrapgranny hope the muddy walk was therapeutic.

Yes, Doodle in frequent communication with family and friends and I coped well with it for 6 months, now finding it harder. A friend has just lost her adult son, suddenly, and I want to give her and her mum a big hug but can't. She was so supportive when it happened to me and I long to do the same for her.

annie I have no idea what a 'floating keyboard' is and hope I never find out grin

I think you are wise to stop MT from coming at the moment, it is all so unpredictable so better to 'keep hold of nurse for fear of finding something worse'. Not really applicable but it keeps coming into my head this last week.

Scardycat worn out but also lovely news about the baby, hope you can focus on the latter. Yesterday saw photos of a baby I haven't yet met, lives half a mile away and was born in July. Mum says she is 'chunky'!

Joce I can visualise you out getting thoroughly mucky and having a great time, wonderful.

BlueSky same here. I worry for those who will lose their jobs and possibly homes too. In parts of Europe they have the safety net of a good percentage of income for several months to tide them over.

Flutterby yes, think most of us feel that way.

Chrissy no cake yet but DS was working yesterday until very late and dil not driving at the moment. You are not alone with the stuggling, think many of us are too.

I don't think I am as worried about my health as many of you are. This could be because we don't have to go out at all but when we do we wear masks and seem to go out when there are fewer people around and those who are look to be being as careful as us.

I keep reminding myself how much better my situation is than many and tell myself it is self indulgent to whinge about not seeing my friends but I still feel that way.

Scrapgranny Sun 04-Oct-20 08:05:45

Doodle when I am slipping down the slippery path I tend to sleep a lot so maybe 2-3 hours in the afternoon and then I start to isolate my self. I am lucky to have loads of friends but it is easy to fob one off by telling them that I am out with a different friend. The strange thing is that I am not aware that I do it.

BlueSky Sat 03-Oct-20 23:23:44

Exactly Flutterby this virus thing has been the final straw on top of the usual health worries actual or feared. Like you when you already have health anxiety in the background it’s easy to get in a bit of a state.
You are right of course Doodle thanks.
Good night all x brew

Flutterby1 Sat 03-Oct-20 23:04:54

Hi Doodle I seem to be worrying more about the virus also still waiting on other test date for family member, couple of other family concerns. I have suffered with health anxiety in the past and perhaps thinking of the virus is awakening those feelings.
In Scotland we are not allowed to have anyone in our homes and as it’s cold weather can’t meet outside. I have not gone out to a restaurant or cafe since March. I do keep in touch with my friends and family.
I Just hope these feelings will,pass.
Thanks for asking. You take care x

Doodle Sat 03-Oct-20 22:48:17

Annie so glad you and your floating keyboard are back. ?
Scaredycat family are important. How lovely your stepson wants to visit you. I’m glad you enjoyed their visit. So do yo7 have a step grandson now. How lovely. New babies in the family are a joy.
You obviously enjoy having visitors and family over. Try and enjoy their visits without worrying about the virus. Hopefully there will be a vaccine soon.
luckyrose enjoy your grandchildren and try not to worry.
Joce so glad to hear of your lovely day pumpkin picking ?
Time spent with young ones is such fun. Hope yoiur neighbours leave you in peace.
Bluesky sorry it’s another down day for you. The young are resilient. Schools are taking care I’m sure they will be fine.
Flutterby is it the virus bringing you down or something else? Sorry you are so fed up. Got anything on the horizon to cheer you up ?
Chrissy I had a whole afternoon sewing. It was nice to concentrate on something for a while. We all need something to take our mind off worries, do you have anything that works for you?
Lavender how lovely to hear from you again. We missed you. Hope you are feeling a bit better.
Hope everyone sleeps well and peacefully xx

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion