Gransnet forums

Health

Embarrassing: Camping & Constipated

(162 Posts)
rachb2020 Thu 20-Aug-20 19:32:53

Sorry this is a bit embarrassing but we are currently on a camping holiday and I can't poo! We've been here since last Saturday afternoon and it just won't happen.

It's not helping having to use the site toilets - a 10 minute walk across a field and then six cubicles, lack of privacy and my bottom won't relax.

Then the more I worry that I'm not pooing the worse it gets. I've spent ages sitting in my cubicle waiting for everyone else to leave, which never happens!

Any tips on how I can finally go to the toilet?

downtoearth Wed 26-Aug-20 13:37:13

My mum used to say about public toilets

Here I sit broken hearted
Paid a penny
And only farted

MissAdventure Wed 26-Aug-20 13:38:58

There's a sequel to that.

Here I sit, mean and artful.
Paid a penny, did a cart full.

downtoearth Wed 26-Aug-20 17:56:20

MissA grin

Elizabeth1 Wed 26-Aug-20 18:17:33

Liquorice all sorts are a natural remedy good luck wink

rachb2020 Sun 30-Aug-20 18:23:30

Argh! My bowels have decided that they are going on strike this weekend (fortunately at home) and I can't poo!

The boredom and frustration of sitting on the toilet for ages and still nothing comes out! blush angry

GagaJo Sun 30-Aug-20 20:28:02

Another remedy is an enema. A friend of mine once advised unscrewing the shower head and um, inserting the end of the hose with the tap on warm with low pressure. He swore by it. Can't say I tried it to give a personal recommendation, but he was a nurse so must have known what he was talking about!

Grannynannywanny Sun 30-Aug-20 20:54:47

Well the perforated bowel that could result from that DIY procedure would certainly take your mind off the constipation!

Puzzled Mon 31-Aug-20 14:51:55

Plenty of chocolate may do the trick.. The buttermilk ought to make a good lubricant!
Although you can have too much of a good thing.
But once things get moving, you can adjust the does to one that suits

GagaJo Mon 31-Aug-20 14:54:30

I enjoyed a large kiwi last week. Delicious, healthy and the best regulator I've ever eaten. Better than prunes, figs, coffee et al.

greengreengrass Mon 31-Aug-20 14:57:51

entertaining story

perhaps

went on romantic weekend with fiance ate oysters in fish market

spent ALL weekend puking up in en suite bathroom

our first weekend away

needless to say marriage didn't end well

GagaJo Mon 31-Aug-20 15:00:28

Similar situation in reverse green green grass. My bloke was in a similar position on holiday once. I went right off him for weeks.