Gransnet forums

Health

Rectal Cancer

(33 Posts)
TopsyIrene06 Fri 11-Sep-20 11:34:34

Need support please. After long months of waiting, finally in for an op at the end of the month. I know some of you will know how I feel so I look forward to hearing from you. I am terrified.

crazyH Sat 12-Sep-20 00:22:43

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis, Topsyirene, but there are loads of success stories here, which should give you much comfort . Before you know it, the op will be over and you'll be well on the road to recovery. All the best flowers

Alexa Sat 12-Sep-20 17:48:09

TopsyIrene, I appreciate that you replied to me. Thank you.

tickingbird Sat 12-Sep-20 18:08:14

Wishing you all the very best. A good friend’s husband had the same a few years ago and they were so worried. However, after the operation he had a temporary ileostomy and now is absolutely fine.

Good luck flowers

brook2704 Sat 12-Sep-20 18:36:09

Just wanted to wish you all the best for your operation topsyirene I’m sure you must be worried but hopefully the support and advice on here from others that have a similar experience may help a little bit. I hope you’re well on the road to recovery very soon ?

TopsyIrene06 Sun 13-Sep-20 17:51:43

I just wish to say again that thanks to all you lovely ladies, I have finally stopped panicking about the horror that is to happen next week. You have no idea how much it has helped me especially the grans that have pm'd me. I really can't thank you enough and I am sure I will need you again very soon if that's OK with you.

jeanie99 Thu 17-Sep-20 09:25:16

Topsy
My good friend had this type of surgery over 25 years ago and it was a great success. He's in his 80s now without any problems.
Think positive and look forward to the future everything is going to be fine.

Whingingmom Thu 17-Sep-20 09:31:41

Another source of help and support might be Macmillan nurses - they are trained to help people dealing with diagnoses such as yours.
Wishing you all the very best ?