Hope everyone has found this x

Joce345 Mon 05-Oct-20 22:54:44

Good night all sleep well. ?

Anniebach Tue 06-Oct-20 10:40:54

Hi all x

How is everyone today ?

Doodle Tue 06-Oct-20 10:50:46

Morning Annie . How are you?
Sunshine here, at least for the moment, so a brighter start to the day. More housework and sewing today. DH’s glasses have decided to part with their frames so he is off to the optician to get them repaired.
I’m keeping myself busy so as to plod on and keep wobbles to a minimum I hope.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Joce345 Tue 06-Oct-20 10:59:46

Morning Annie how are you today?
Morning Doodle I’m just going to try and do a bit of sewing if my head will allow it,
Got to keep plodding on...
Hope everyone has a good day ...
rain hear errr ...

Anniebach Tue 06-Oct-20 11:02:05

Morning Doodle it’s not raining in Mid Wales this morning,
that’s a positive !

I too am plodding on , had a fantasy , go to Curry’s today, buy
laptop, iPad and printer , few problems though, agoraphobia, no car, Merthyr in lockdown and bank account says - your joking !

Nonnie Tue 06-Oct-20 11:23:55

Joce glad you are feeling better.

BlueSky I may have put it badly and thanks for the thought but we are doing it voluntarily because they care. It is all about us rather than them and they are the ones 'out there' so know how easy it is to make yourself vulnerable.

Annie MT sounds like she is determined!

No Scardycat it doesn't grin

Lavendar sorry to read that, can you try some sort of disassociation? I do my times tables and when that fails go through the alphabet thinking of something for each letter, last night it was things in the kitchen.

Chrissy please give the meds time to work, perhaps the sleepiness will wear off after a few weeks.

Doodle I know I am weird but I find untangling very therapeutic and sorting is always good. This has reminded me that I have a couple of Pelham puppets in a cupboard which are tangled.

Today has been leaf clearing in some, very, fresh air.

I have a suggestion which some of you might like to try and some will already have done it. There is so much we cannot control in life, especially at the moment and it adds to our stress. It is easy to say we should accept the things we cannot change in that well known prayer but not so easy to do.

Why don't we find something we can control? Something ongoing to focus on? It could be a regular thing like setting a wake up call, perhaps making a start on a project and setting aside a certain amount of time each day or week to do it. We all have things we are going to do 'one day' and there is no time like the present to start doing it. The satisfaction of achievement is a good boost to our wellbeing.

I think that this could be why I am coping better because I have done it over the last year. I decided to lose the weight I have been putting on during the last few years of stress. I set myself tiny targets because the amount I needed to lose was too much to contemplate. At each target I set the next one and now have a normal BMI. Current target is to get my waist down to half my height. It feels like this is the only thing I can control at the moment and DH is so impressed that he is now doing the same thing, so far he has lost about 12 lbs and his BMI will be normal by Christmas. It just might help a little.

BlueSky Tue 06-Oct-20 11:43:24

Morning all x Yes a ray of sunshine today to lift our mood. I know the weather shouldn’t make much difference but it does.
Nonnie I hope I didn’t offend you ‘interfering’ I’m not usually outspoken but if you are OK with the arrangement then there’s no problem.
Will do our usual walk around the local park, I’m not too keen on going indoors, feel sorry for the local shops, they were doing badly before let alone now.
Well let’s see what’s for lunch! Have a good day x cafe

lucyanne Tue 06-Oct-20 11:45:51

Morning Annie,
I have found you. I am not feeling too positive today. The thought of things not changing for months a bit daunting.
Hope you have a better day. x

ChrissyR Tue 06-Oct-20 12:03:27

Morning everyone, hope you’re all doing ok
Sorry, not much to say today.
Had to phone GP as glands in my neck are tender and swollen. Told me to take paracetamol 4 times today and tomorrow and then speak to doctor on Thursday. Doing my usual thing of panicking, I’ve so had enough of this anxiety.
Have a good day everyone x

lucyanne Tue 06-Oct-20 12:59:09

Welcome b1zzle please feel free to share.
Chrissy Good the breathing exercises are working for you. I also carry a paper bag to breath into when I have a bad panic attacks. I got an 'Ottlite' lamp for crafting. Gives natural day light without a flicker. How do you find tel. consultation with Psychiatrist? Lets pray meds work for you.
Bluesky I hope you get out for a walk in the sunshine today and managed enough sleep last night.
lavender Like you I try to ignore what is going on. The news a no go at present.
Flutterby I hope family results come some it can be so hard waiting.
Doodle Yes I love to sew. Making a memory bear today for a friend who lost a baby, out of its new born clothes.
Flu jab organised for tomorrow at a GP practice 5 miles away!
Great to see you back lavender
Teaforone welcome. Does your username suggest you live alone?
Do you have family? Acceptance is the only way to cope. I count my blessings everyday, trying to concentrate on the positives to take my mind off the negatives. Do you have hobbies? We are hear for you. x
Nonnie I took your advice and phoned the Dr. got jab booked for tomorrow. Not sorted a career to take me yet!
Cake with figs sounds delicious. I was told if you can read you can bake. Practice helps. It is a good way to occupy G.C.
Joce Hope you’re doing ok today? Hope the neighbours are behaving? What are you sewing? Enjoy. x
Love to all.

lucyanne Tue 06-Oct-20 13:04:11

Chrissy just seen your post.
Glad you phoned GP. Glands and sore throats prevalent here.
Lets hope the paracetamol work. Hot lemon and honey can be soothing. Do speak to the doctor again if it doesn't improve. x

Joce345 Tue 06-Oct-20 13:59:48

Lucyanne I have a few things to catch up on. Made little GD a sparkly skirt, done.
My friend got a budgie so wants a cover for cage, done.
Table cloth for my daughter done very pleased with it...
now I think I will have a go at some blinds for the conservatory.. not done just considering ? that one, big job...
we have rain rain and more rain hear... ??

Scaredycat Tue 06-Oct-20 16:32:37

Hi everyone.
Doodle hope you,re keeping the wobbles at bay and the sun is still shining for you
Annie - hope you,re ok today. Wish I could make your fantasy come true for youx
Nonnie - I play that alphabet game too in the middle of the night or the wee small hours. Hope you enjoyed the leaf clearing it’s a bit like painting the Forth bridge at this time of the year isn’t it.
Bluesky sunshine really does make a huge difference- today has been lovely. We have had a day by the sea and a lovely long walk. Sat on a bench with a picnic and a baby seagull spent the whole time eyeing it up and squawking without taking a break!!! I love seagulls but wished I could tape his beak up.
Luceyanne it is so hard to stay positive when the uncertainty is so relentless. Hope today improves for you.
Chrissy sorry the health anxiety has surfaced again , hope the Paracetamol does the job.

Joce you are so busy ! You must be a wonderful seamstress to make such varied things - love the sound of a sparkly skirt.
I came home to find a Pumpkin man on my doorstep - my eldest GD had left him for us. That was so kind as she is so busy teaching 2days a week and raising her 2 children and with a husband who is working from home at the moment.
Granddaughters are special.
I hope everyone has had something nice happen today.
Love to allx

Doodle Tue 06-Oct-20 19:33:26

Joce I’ve been doing some sewing today. Well if truth be told I’ve been unpicking more than sewing ?
Annie nice dream while it lasted. Hope your iPad is behaving now.
Nonnie it is certainly a good idea to have a project or something to focus on. I have spent a lot of time on my sewing today and am pleased with the results.
It’s good to set mini targets. Aiming for too much can be daunting and sometimes failure to meet the target puts people off. Glad you are doing well with your diet and your DH too.
Bluesky sunny weather always lifts the spirits. On your walks, do you look at the plants and trees. I do. I take note what’s budding and remind myself to keep watch and see what blooms.
lucyanne things will change. They always do. Like Nonnie and tackling things in small doses. I think that is the way to look at the virus. Not to contemplate what will happen in months. What was forecast at the beginning didn’t play out as they said. Just look at a few weeks at a time and don’t lose hope.
How sad about the loss of your friend’s baby. I have only recently heard of memory bears after my friend’s husband died. The bear seemed to being her much comfort. I hope the same is true for your friend.
Hope that flu jab is delivered this time.
chrissy my DH is fond of saying that he’d never heard of swollen glands until he met me! I can’t tell you how many times I have woken up with a sore throat, unable to talk and glands in my throat and neck swollen. A couple of days of paracetamol usually fix it. Hope you feel better soon.
Joce goodness you are very good at sewing and obviously skilled at making things. I hope your DGD loves her sparkly skirt. ?
Scaredycat I have had some good news today. I can’t say what as it is family related but it has lifted my spirits no end.
Sounds as though you had a nice day to day by the sea and then coming home to find a present of a pumpkin man from your DGD. How lovely.
Lavender hope you are feeling ok today.
Sleep well all

lavenderzen Tue 06-Oct-20 20:07:38

Hello everyone
How are you Annie, thinking of you xx
Hope you are all plodding on. I am, at least trying to. I felt irritable this morning for no reason really, there just seems so much to do with this move and painful hands don't help. Anyway granddaughter phoned, and her lovely voice and laughter changed my mood.
Glad to here you are busy sewing Joyce, I think having something to occupy us is what we need. Once I have moved I have every intention of trying to start my tapestry again.
Your pumpkin man on the doorstep made me smile Scaredycat - you are right granddaughters are very special.
You sound under the weather Chrissy with swollen glands and sore throat, hope you soon feel better xx.
Hi Doodle hope your other half got his glasses fixed and you are alright. My pain after the flu jab happened because of my immune systems reaction, so the Consultant informed me, I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis at the beginning of this year - the pain is always there, but comes and goes in severity and the sudden onset in the middle of the night was the reaction. I get scared about the slightest thing and worry that it will never get right - but of course it does. I have medication for it which keeps it under control most of the time. Thank you for asking.
The rain has been incessant again today, I do hope we get an improvement tomorrow, it is so dark all the time. I have a book to read which I will settle down with shortly.
Good night all, take care, stay safe and love to all, including those I haven't mentioned xx

BlueSky Tue 06-Oct-20 20:30:03

Goodnight all x brew

Joce345 Tue 06-Oct-20 21:11:37

Good night all hope everyone has a peaceful nights sleep ? night

Daftbag1 Wed 07-Oct-20 08:46:08

Hi, it's ages since I last said hello, sometimes just reading how others are struggling triggers me into major low, so I avoid reality and think in a dream world Utopia, where the world is all soft and cosy.

Of course I always land back into the real world with a bump! At t he moment I'm skimming along waters edge, just about keeping my head above water, pretending all is well. Of course the reality always lands and smothers and I'm back to my drowning mode as soon as I allow my self to think!

So now, I'm trying not to think, when I do, I just want out, so my life is trying to avoid thinking or facing t h e awful reality of this world.

ChrissyR Wed 07-Oct-20 09:38:22

Morning everyone
Feeling rubbish, glands much more swollen. Hope everyone has a good day. Sorry can’t talk more x

Nonnie Wed 07-Oct-20 11:33:29

BlueSky you definitely did not offend me! I am enjoying being cared for by my family as it is the first time anyone has done it. I have always been the one caring for others, the go to person when someone has a problem. My children have turned into the parents and I am loving it.

Lucyanne I totally agree, its the no light at the end of the tunnel which gets me down too. So glad you will finally get your flu vaccination. Yes, agree, if you can read you can cook and after a while know which recipes you can alter to suit.

Joce you are a busy bee!

Chrissey hope the glands settle down soon.

Scaredycat that sounds like a pretty good day, I should get out more too. Lovely GD.

Doodle you are another one being productive with your sewing, so good to hear. Glad you have good family news, I have been praying for you and your family.

Lavender it must be horrible having that constant worry. I am the opposite and always assume whatever it is will go away and then get cross when it doesn't.

Dafbag1 you remind me of that thing about a swan sailing serenely on the lake but paddling furiously underneath. I get it, conning ourselves unrealistically.

A few months back I ignored a pain under a tooth until it got so bad I had to have an emergency dental appointment. Dentist gave me antibiotics and told me the tooth would have to come out and I might as well arrange it now. I didn't, I ignored him and now it is sore again and I've made an appointment for Monday. Serves me right for burying my head in the sand.

Today I have a purpose! I have to do some complicated calculations for someone which calls on my expertise, makes me feel useful at last.

Thank you to whoever it was who recommended I buy the particular thermal vests. I ordered them and had to have them all in white as they are so popular and that was all they had in my size. I am wearing one today and it really doesn't show under my clothes. Think I'll get some for my dils.

lucyanne Wed 07-Oct-20 12:44:24

Annie how are you feeling today? The fantasies keep us going. I often dream I am running a marathon! Do you know when MT coming to see you? It is always good to have something positive to look forward too. x

Joyce you have been busy well done. Is there a pattern for a bird cage cover? Sparkly skirt you GD will be pleased. Blinds do sound like a big job. It is having a table big enough to cut them out. You are obviously very talented.
Lavender how is the rheumatoid arthritis pain in your hands? Packing and moving is stressful work. Have you got a move date? I hope you managed a good night’s sleep.
B1izzle How are you coping are you OK?
Daftbag1 nice to hear from you. I think there are 2 types of people those that can face reality, are worriers and get problems dealt with promptly. Then those of us that don’t face reality use positive thinking to survive and come down with a bang when illness or thoughts catch up with us. Sorry you are feeling low at present admitting it is half the battle. I have so much ‘boxed off’ that when a lid comes off it creates turmoil. Do you live alone or have good support?
Chrissy is the medication kicking in or still making you tired. Your throat sounds painful have you tried gargling? Perhaps time to phone the Dr. if your glands are worse. Can you swallow? Take care.
Nonnie Thank you. I love your suggestions and have encouraged me to re visit my aims pre Covid. I am never bored and always have something on the go. Thinking I had to move home in a hurry last year I started to ‘declutter’. Other things on my list were to take control of finances, paperwork, learn how to send an email and open post mail! Take 1 day off to do something I enjoyed; learn something new, craft, garden. Thurs bake. Weekends invite people around for a meal. Then came ‘lockdown’ and my enthusiasm dwindled. I now procrastinate doing things I enjoy every day and leaving other tasks that then make me overwhelmed.
Well done on your weight loss. I am the opposite below BMI and can’t put weight on!
Glad the vests were useful. Don't look much but keep one warm.
Scardycat How lovely to get the pumpkin. Made me smile. Did you get a pumpkin pie too? May the sun shine on you today.

BlueSky Wed 07-Oct-20 12:48:52

Morning oops afternoon all x
Chrissy sorry you are feeling poorly didn’t need that I’m sure, hope you’ll soon recover.
Love your attitude Nonnie good to be positive till proven otherwise.
Just had my usual on line delivery, done that for quite a few years now and it’s invaluable now more than ever. We always managed to get a slot even in the early days of the pandemic, even though we had to be happy with the 10pm delivery. I guess my being ‘a certain age’ helped!
I feel you are all good caring friends on here and I look forward to reading your posts. Have a nice day (as the Americans say) smile cafe

Doodle Wed 07-Oct-20 13:58:25

Lavender sorry I may have missed it but when are you moving? Do you have a date yet?
How nice your DGD phoned and cheered you up.
Your hands sound painful. Is it the arthritis that makes them so bad?
Perhaps doing the tapestry might keep them mobile like Annie doing her cross stitch.
It’s a shame the flu jab caused you such a problem. Must have been upsetting to have the pain like that in the middle of the night. Hope the medication works for these flare ups.
Daftbag how are you? I understand how reading of others worries can bring you down but there are up times too. You are welcome here whenever you feel like popping in.
I have had a few wobbles recently but I have had some good news which has lifted my spirits. I think everyone has ups and downs. I will gift you some virtual armbands to keep you afloat. Don’t give up on hope. We will get through this virus with each other.
Chrissy sorry you’re still feeling poorly. Hope the paracetamol is helping. Just rest till you feel better.
Nonnie you’ll be nice and cosy this winter then ?. Good luck with your calculations, if you need to borrow my fingers and toes to count on let me know ?
Lucyanne I often leave tasks I don’t like but you’re right, they then pile up and you don’t feel like tackling them. I have taken to doing a bit of each every day. Something I have to do, like paperwork or cleaning and then follow up with something that gives me pleasure like sewing or painting. I also have breaks in between where I sit for a bit and play games or go on GN.
Bluesky. I’ve had a few late night slots. It’s not the delivery coming that late that I mind, it’s washing all the shopping at that time of night !?
Hope you have a good day.
Joce what are you up to today? I have more sewing planned.....but I’ve got to do the ironing first ?
Annie any news of your mini tornado. Hope she’s ok and still coming to visit.
Have a good day all x

Joce345 Wed 07-Oct-20 16:15:22

Hello all, I have been sewing, come down with a bang my Granddaughter was sent home last week been in close contact with some one, turned out it was a boy in her class bless him.. they have now had 2 more positive cases. Then yesterday my daughter said she felt unwell. Today GD teacher has tested positive. Daughter and granddaughter not well been for tests this morning, now I’m worried for them just want to know they are ok...
Doodle been cutting my blinds out for conservatory.. just plain nothing fancy fingers crossed on them ?

Lucyanne no, no patten just measures, cut hope for the best turned out ok..

hope everyone having a good day..

Annie hope you are ok..

Scaredycat Wed 07-Oct-20 16:32:56

Hello Daftbag1 I,m quite new here so haven,t met you before. I am the opposite to you I have to face reality then when nice things happen it’s so appreciated.Right now the reality is pretty daunting though.
Nonnie - glad you are enjoying being seen after by your family.they obviously appreciate all you have done for them over the years. I,m trying to get out more before the really nasty weather comes. I met my daughter in her lunch break today and although being in an indoors situation scares me no end it was lovely to be with her and the coffee shop were doing everything to keep us safe.
Luceyanne I like to see things in my diary to do even though they are mostly not very exciting eg ‘order cat food’ at least it makes me feel a bit normal. No pumpkin pie as he was a ceramic one ! The sunshine is beautiful today so a bit of gardening this afternoon - only a bit though!!
Doodle so glad you have had good news - I,m happy for you. Hope it helps you to deal with the wobbly days. Glad to hear I,m not the only one who washes deliveries - are you as sick of doing that as I am? It really wears me out and makes feel so shaky. So lucky to have deliveries though.
Chrissy hope you feel better soon.
Have a good evening allxxx

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion