Gransnet forums

Health

NHS waiting lists

(42 Posts)
watermeadow Thu 08-Oct-20 17:52:19

Just heard that 12,000 people have waited more than a year to start treatment.
I had a cataract operation a few days ago and had waited almost a year but I’m not complaining, it was a minor op and not urgent. I feel very humbly grateful and so sorry for patients waiting for treatment for serious and scary conditions.
Working under coronavirus conditions must be so hard but every single member of staff was kind and helpful.

Starblaze Sat 10-Oct-20 16:36:11

tidyskatemum They didn't tell me that it weakens the immune system so I suppose that makes it a bit more understandable and ido work in a school. I do a lot of walking daily for work so it's not fun. I would like a crutch but not sure how to source one and really do not want a walking stick. I don't know why a walking stick is worse in my head.

I hope your husband gets some relief soon

NannyC2 Sat 10-Oct-20 16:52:17

EllanVannin

Listen to Ivor Cummins BE(Chem) CEng MIEI PM being interviewed - he is interesting to listen to!
He also refers to the the Spiegal Report - relating to the Swine flu 2009 which kept the world in suspense for almost a year. A massive vaccination campaign was mounted to put a stop to the anticipated pandemic. As it turned out, it was a relatively harmless strain of the flu virus. How, and why, did the world overreact? Look it up.
Discover why they are using the word 'case' now - it can be explained.

Dareyouto Sat 10-Oct-20 16:55:51

Many moons ago this year following 3 pulmonary embolisms I was told I would be on blood thinners for life. After 6 months of injecting daily I asked if I could be switched to tablets, which after many numerous phone consultations it was approved. Then came a call from the hospital that stated I was on the wrong tablets and they would send letter to GP and copy to myself. 3 weeks later and no letters received and GP told me it was up to me to chase letter and they couldn’t issue me with further medication until they had sight of same.
18 phone calls to the hospital unanswered - facility to leave messages twice only but nobody replied. The result was I had no medication which up until then I was told was vital.
Then I heard on the radio that the hospital, which covers a huge area in Surrey, had just received their first Covid patient ( mild symptoms It turns out) after not having any Covid admissions in many weeks.
So why was there nobody available to answer the switchboard or anybody available to respond to the 2 answerphone messages I left with the department? 18 phone calls with no response - and no Covid patients during that time!
I had no medication due to a breakdown in correspondence and in the meanwhile I had to resort to an alternative, natural means of blood thinning, and I have to say I’ve never felt better in years! I am intending to stay on this much to my Drs disgust, who eventually rang me at home following a letter of complaint I wrote. They let me down badly but some good may have come out of it - Only time can tell!
In the meanwhile I have lost over a stone in weight gain caused by the medication, I have regained my energy, my ankles and legs are no longer swollen and puffy and my hair has started to regrow after months of it coming out by the handfuls.
I am not recommending for one moment that anybody attempts to do what I’ve done but the decision was forced on me and it appears to be working better for me.

Pippa22 Sat 10-Oct-20 16:56:05

I have been told that the wait time for NHS knee replacement in Sussex is 6 months. I didn’t think that was too bad but of course it could be longer or much longer if we get a second Covid spike. I have looked at going privately but at around £15,000 each and with two bad knees I will wait for our wonderful N.H.S.

growstuff Sat 10-Oct-20 17:06:20

NannyC2

allule has a point!

Yes, I have heard that things in the NHS are starting to move again - actually I just received an appointment which was overdue by 5=6 months.
You may be interested to see an interview, a latest news exclusive with an NHS Registered Nurse who has had to remain anonymous so she doesn't lose her job.

lockdownsceptics.org/

She has worked in a large NHS hospital of 800 beds throughout the pandemic and says she has never had so little to do. She has 20 years experience. Now she feels compelled to speak out against the “most wilful of lies” she has witnessed, in the hope that “such a grave miscarriage of justice for health can never be allowed to happen again.
Read how she felt such a terible fraud when people outside were clapping for the NHS!

Also, do you know (I didn't) that the UK Government have removed Form 5 of the Cremation Certificate for deaths relating to Covid-19 under the Coronavirus Act which is the form that the relative who registers the death must be given as it enables them to see and query the death certificate before cremation.
So basically if your loved one dies of or with Covid19 they can have their death certified and cremation certified by the same medical practitioner and sent for cremation within hours and the government have removed your right to see or query that decision before the cremation takes place which in turn removes your right to request a coroners report or second opinion.
Why would they do this?
Not my words - but it has been reported this is because by keeping COVID deaths high enough to justify the continuation of mask and lockdown fascism, it will prevent a lot of autopsies and second opinions. Dr. Yeadon has recently been taking them to task for classifying so many people who died of their comorbidities as deaths from COVID-19. He keeps pointing out that, on autopsy, forensic pathologists are regularly determining these patients expired from heart disease, cancer, stroke etc. more reports are saying those responsible should face justice for their crimes against humanity?

Time for the non- believers to wake up to facts and not be put off by those who deny what is happening.

I hope nobody actually believes the fake news this poster is spreading! Goodness knows why she does it!

GlammakAz59 Sat 10-Oct-20 17:47:08

Tidyskatemum. They are doing steriod injections in the east midlands as i had one a couple of months ago at my doctors surgery.

GlammakAz59 Sat 10-Oct-20 17:48:44

Starblaze. I managed to get a crutch from red cross.

Kim19 Sat 10-Oct-20 18:08:26

Spoke to GP on phone. Not only did I receive an outpatients' appointment with unexpected speed, there was an unbelievable abundance of parking space available. Usually go an hour early to find one or park in town nearby and take a taxi.

Starblaze Sat 10-Oct-20 18:19:44

Glamma

Thank you, a friend has come to my rescue with one thankfully

GillT57 Sat 10-Oct-20 18:30:48

With all these examples of cancellations, and us suffering while our conditions get worse, I don't know how anyone can say " We have protected our NHS

Exactly my thoughts. I need to say that I am not criticsing any NHS medical staff, but, honest question, what have they all been doing? If nobody is being referred by GP, if the hospitals are not full of covid19 patients ( they are not), then just what is going on? I heard someone saying the other day about 'our exhausted NHS staff', why? The hospitals are empty around here, A&E on Tuesday night ( I was there) was deserted, I know for fact (insider info) that there are no covid19 patients in our local hospital, the last ICU covid19 patients were discharged a couple of months ago. The peak of covid19 is well past, although I admit that we do not know what is yet to come, so how can staff be 'exhausted'? Surely it should have been the usual (understaffed) running of the hospital?

QuickFire9 Sat 10-Oct-20 18:42:14

I’m in Scotland and had a scan at the end of July for a suspected torn shoulder tendon and was offered an operation for 5 weeks later. I also had a CT on my back and am getting a root nerve injection done in theatre with a CT scan done 2 weeks later. None in the Nightingale hospital. Just the normal hospitals.

NannyC2 Sat 10-Oct-20 19:21:34

growstuff

Time will tell - the truth will be known.

NannyC2 Sat 10-Oct-20 19:29:49

Dareyouto - I was so sorry to read of your awful experience and hope your alternative method continues to keep you in good health.

justwokeup Sat 10-Oct-20 21:20:07

Our local teaching hospitals also have no 'cases' of Covid GillT57 and sadly, more (frightened?) people are reported as home deaths. 'Cases' now seems to mean anyone who tests positive even if they are so lacking in symptoms they don't even feel ill (for example mass testing of students). Friend in local cancer unit says, despite full PPE and care, patients are cancelling appts as they are too frightened to attend, but treatment could considerably prolong their lives. Such an awful shame - surely their hastened deaths will be caused by Covid? Now we've protected the NHS (the only aim originally) it must be time for doctors to be visible again and for the NHS to protect its patients?

NannyC2 Sun 11-Oct-20 11:55:28

I totally agree, justwoke up.
I understand there are many who are terrified and they must be helped to overcome their fear and seek their treatment which, in many cases, is so vital.

biba70 Sun 11-Oct-20 19:17:02

So sad to hear from so many friends in the UK who are currently suffering with several severe illnesses, some terminal- and to be told the nightmares they have to go through- massive delays for scans and only telephone consultations, etc. Really upsetting.