Gransnet forums

Health

Anxious I may have Covid symptoms

(56 Posts)
DillytheGardener Tue 13-Oct-20 22:26:14

Has anyone had covid - I have a wee hoarse throat, swollen glands and the occasional shiver - is that how it starts? I’m supposed to be leading a group activity for work and not sure if the ethical thing to do is cancel, but I don’t have the cough or fever.
My friends said don’t lose the extra away pay and do it, but I thought I’d come here for a more nuanced opinion. flowers

NfkDumpling Wed 14-Oct-20 18:20:08

I agree you did the right thing Dilly, even if you're only incubating a bad cold, its still best to keep it to yourself.

I gather the powers that be are hoping for lower cold and flu levels this year as people are time off and isolate instead of going into work and sharing their germs (just like we did in the old days).

Caro57 Wed 14-Oct-20 19:04:53

Probably not Covid but I’m surprised anyone needs to ask if they should act on suspicion

GoldenAge Thu 15-Oct-20 00:08:54

Dilly - your 'friends' are not really friends if they're encouraging you to turn a blind eye to what might be covid. They're encouraging you to put other people's lives at risk for your financial gain. Get a test.

welbeck Thu 15-Oct-20 01:29:45

well done, you made the right decision.
let us know how you get on.

Hetty58 Thu 15-Oct-20 05:15:21

Dilly, you say:

'my friends, well they are in the Covid has been over dramatised camp.....'

They are being idiotic. My friend was like that until she lost five members of her family!

I'm always amazed at how people can believe exactly what suits them - despite all the evidence.