Gransnet forums

Health

Hi from Queen Lizzie's Hospital, Govan.

(35 Posts)
LadyHonoriaDedlock Sat 26-Dec-20 23:58:29

I was admitted this morning with an asthma flare-up caused by a bacterial infection. I've been here before and know the form so it's nothing to worry about.

Hope you all managed as good a Christmas as you could muster in the circumstances. I had a nice quiet day with the cats, a shoulder of lamb and a bottle or three of prosecco.

Whitewavemark2 Sun 27-Dec-20 00:02:28

I’ve just woken up and seen this post. Hospitals are never conducive to sleep are they?

Whose looking after your cats?

Anyway get well soon?

paddyanne Sun 27-Dec-20 00:03:50

We still call it the Southern General ,dont know why they changed the name.I am sure you'll be very well cared for there though as we've had family there over the past couple of years.
Hope your Athsma clears up quickly and they let you go home to your cats who will no doubt be missing you.Have a Happy,healthy and prosperous 2021 when it comes .

Lucretzia Sun 27-Dec-20 00:08:20

Get well soon!

welbeck Sun 27-Dec-20 01:58:59

all the best, keep us posted.
what's the food like.

Nortsat Sun 27-Dec-20 06:37:10

So sorry to hear this.
The oxygen and the steroids will quickly have you feeling a bit better.
Plenty of rest and you’ll soon be home.
Get well soon Honoria ?

Dorsetcupcake61 Sun 27-Dec-20 07:48:10

Hope you are soon recovered and back at home?

firdaus19 Sun 27-Dec-20 07:59:02

I know it well but have never heard it called Queen Lizzie's Hospital before so the thread title made me smile! It's the Govan part that gave it away. And yes you're right paddyanne, we still remember its previous name, too. LadyHonoria I hope you're comfortable and recovering and that you will soon be all better and on your way back home. flowers

Charleygirl5 Sun 27-Dec-20 08:53:25

I hope you are feeling better and somebody is caring for the cats!

Marydoll Sun 27-Dec-20 09:32:37

Lady Dedlock, commiserationsfrom a fellow sufferer. I'm so sorry to hear about your flare up. You must have been bad to need admitted. However, you are in the best place and hopefully your treatment will have started to kick in by now.
Get well soon.

I still call it the Southern General, it's one of the hospitals I attend and conveniently near Braehead shopping centre, much to DHs dismay. grin

LadyHonoriaDedlock Sun 27-Dec-20 09:46:00

All the wheelchairs have SGUH stencilled on them! I think the boss of the Trust was angling for a knighthood.

Puzzler61 Sun 27-Dec-20 09:47:52

Get Well wishes to you LadyHD. Sorry to hear you are in hospital ?

Marydoll Sun 27-Dec-20 09:50:02

The U was baffling me, then it clicked!!! ☺

Puzzler61 Sun 27-Dec-20 10:02:08

And I too hope you have a kind neighbour who will care for your cats ?

GrannyGravy13 Sun 27-Dec-20 10:40:25

As a fellow asthmatic I wish you well LadyHD steroids, oxygen etc should do the trick and get you home soon

Sparklefizz Sun 27-Dec-20 10:45:04

Get well soon, LadyHD. Sorry to read you're in hospital and as a fellow asthmatic, I understand. flowers

LadyHonoriaDedlock Sun 27-Dec-20 12:38:56

It was as good a place to be as any last night, Sparklefizz. Usually I don't notice things going on outside the hospital window but I was really aware of the storm last night. There was snow on the Renfrewshire hills this morning but the sun is shining brightly now.

LadyHonoriaDedlock Sun 27-Dec-20 12:41:17

Thank you all for your kind wishes. The people on my close will be dropping in on the management so they'll get fed, watered and played with but they think that's a poor substitute for the real staff so I expect there will be time to be made up when I get home.

Kalu Sun 27-Dec-20 12:50:50

I still call it The Suffering General but many staff call it Bettys. Queen Elizabeth University Hospital is too much of a mouthful. GUH would have been better in my humble opinion.

Hope you are well on the way to recovery LadyH and home soon. ?

Puzzler61 Mon 28-Dec-20 16:40:35

Hello LadyHonoria . How are you feeling today? Are the antibiotics and rest doing their job and shifting the infection?
Glad to hear you don’t need to worry about your cats, but they will of course be happy to see you home a.s.a.p. ?

Daddima Mon 28-Dec-20 17:00:38

Kalu

I still call it The Suffering General but many staff call it Bettys. Queen Elizabeth University Hospital is too much of a mouthful. GUH would have been better in my humble opinion.

Hope you are well on the way to recovery LadyH and home soon. ?

Suffering General here too! It’s where our two most recent grandsons were born.

Daddima Mon 28-Dec-20 17:01:30

Sorry, Lady H, of course I send get well wishes!

Kim19 Mon 28-Dec-20 17:20:59

Hello Ladyh. Yuncertainly sound very confident and upbeat. Great! Hope you're home soon. ?

Kalu Mon 28-Dec-20 17:26:02

Hope today found you a step further in the road to recovery LadyH

Kalu Mon 28-Dec-20 17:26:32

On the road!!