Gransnet forums

Health

Vaccine reactions?

(49 Posts)
Sonatina7 Thu 11-Feb-21 11:38:44

Good morning to all.
I am yet to have my vaccine.
My mum had no reactions at all at 85 yrs.
I always react badly to flu vaccine, feeling like I have the flu. Maybe because I have M.E and weak immunity. I'm still keen to have it as I think it's the most humanitarian thing to do even though I'm pretty sure that I had covid in April.
How have your reactions been to the vaccine?
Especially those with underlying health conditions?
Think I need a little encouragement and positivity boost!
Hope you are all keeping well and thank you.

nadateturbe Fri 05-Mar-21 11:37:38

I had the vaccine on Wednesday. Head got sore yesterday and still bad today and top of head painful. Eyes sore too. Paracetamol isn't helping. Feel miserable.

Pollyanna2 Tue 16-Feb-21 09:08:40

Has anyone else out there had vertigo as a possible side effects to the AD vaccine?

Sunnysideup Mon 15-Feb-21 19:39:01

I had the AZ one and later, during the night, the back of my neck felt like it was in a vice and I was very hot. A couple of paracetamols sorted it and I was fine in the morning. No sore arm. Good luck, you’ll be fine.

Aveline Sun 14-Feb-21 15:27:04

I enjoyed watching both the male and female army medics beetling about from booth to booth vaccinating us all and remaining cheerful throughout. While chatting to the first aiders who supervised us during the compulsory 15 recovery wait, I discovered that some were working long shifts 8am-9pm. Amazing that they all seemed so cheerful. I'm so grateful to all of them.

BlueSky Sun 14-Feb-21 11:29:38

Juliet27

What I’d meant Aveline was that if a man had said that he’d enjoyed watching a young female Medic, there could have been complaints.

Definitely Juliet! But we can (still) joke about it hopefully? wink

Grangrumpy Sun 14-Feb-21 11:19:10

I had the Pfizer vaccine Wednesday. I had tenderness at the injection site for a couple of days and no other side-effects. Really feels like a small step forward. So grateful

Oldbat1 Sun 14-Feb-21 11:13:46

Had the Pfizer vaccine yesterday. Bit of a sore arm and a background headache today.

Marydoll Sun 14-Feb-21 11:10:10

I thought I had already posted this, but can't find my post.
I reported my severe side effects to the Oxford vaccine on the Yellow Card scheme this morning. It took me nearly an hour, as I had to list all twenty of my medications and the conditions I have.
You also are asked to state if you had any conditions or were on medication which would make you immunosuppressed.

I am happy to do anything which will help research into the efficacy of the vaccines.

dbrookf Sun 14-Feb-21 11:04:39

I had AZ yesterday - horrendous headache, so tired, going back to bed!

BlueSky Sun 14-Feb-21 10:14:25

Doodle

DH and I both had the AZ one. He was fine. I had shivers and headache. Four other couples I know also had the AZ jab all the women had the shivers and headache but none of the men

Doodle That’s interesting! Looks as if I reacted like a man! confused

Doodle Sun 14-Feb-21 09:37:45

DH and I both had the AZ one. He was fine. I had shivers and headache. Four other couples I know also had the AZ jab all the women had the shivers and headache but none of the men

Sunlover Sun 14-Feb-21 09:34:03

I had the AZ jab on Thursday. Arm is very sore, hot and itchy. Other than that all ok.

Daisymae Sun 14-Feb-21 08:44:15

Had the Pfizer one, no after effects at all. It doesn't mean that it hasn't worked though!

Gingster Sun 14-Feb-21 08:43:32

It seems to be the AZ jab may cause headache and tiredness and the phyzer (spelling?) a sore arm. Only last a day or two!

Witzend Sun 14-Feb-21 08:41:53

We both had the AZ.
Dh had no reaction at all.
I had flu-like shivers and shakes that same night, but fine again in the morning.
I’ve never had any reaction to the flu jab, so was surprised, but reassured rather than otherwise, since it meant something was happening.

grannyrebel7 Sun 14-Feb-21 08:37:31

Got mine this afternoon- so excited ? Can't wait!

Juliet27 Sun 14-Feb-21 08:31:33

What I’d meant Aveline was that if a man had said that he’d enjoyed watching a young female Medic, there could have been complaints.

Marydoll Sun 14-Feb-21 08:23:32

Day four , after having the Oxford vaccine and I have a sore throat and swollen glands, which is a less common side effect.
This good news, as it means my compromised immune system is fighting back.

Aveline Sun 14-Feb-21 07:47:20

Medics can be male or female. Why assume which it was?

Juliet27 Sun 14-Feb-21 02:06:44

Was just thinking how many complaints there would be if a man had made that sort of comment! ?

Juliet27 Sun 14-Feb-21 01:10:01

Sparklefizz

Sonatina7 I can only hope that I have mine done by young medic in combat gear

I hoped for that too! grin We can but dream!

A young medic in combat gear did my pre vaccine questions but not the jab, but he was nice to watch while I waited the 15 minutes after!

Juliet27 Sun 14-Feb-21 01:06:09

I felt sleepy after mine, had a very early night and had the best night’s sleep for ages. A wonderful symptom!

threexnanny Sun 14-Feb-21 00:50:49

I had mine yesterday afternoon and the fact I feel tired but am still awake at this time may, or may not, be a side effect. Nothing else so far. ( Oxford type)

BlueSky Sun 14-Feb-21 00:18:07

Anybody who didn’t have any reactions/side effects? Might have more after the second but hoping it’s still as effective.

blondenana Sat 13-Feb-21 23:09:16

Had mine on the 31st of January, no side effects at all, but a bit itchy a few days after,no soreness or stiffness in my arm