Gransnet forums

Health

Black Dog 10

(1001 Posts)
Doodle Wed 09-Jun-21 22:03:08

Borrowing the wording from Anniebach, this thread is for the
support, understanding and sharing of all mental health troubles.

Anniebach Mon 20-Dec-21 12:35:28

Hi all x

Carillion dear friend, wonderful surprise hearing from you,
I hope you are in a good place. Sending you much love x

Nonnie Mini Tornado explained the circumstances in her
appeal , she was unwilling but I insisted she did.

I hadn’t given a thought to caffeine, thinking now of the coffee I use to drink and the dark chocolate I ate, explains how I climbed Snowdon and did a two week walking holiday in Scotland.

Please don’t exhaust yourself with all the baking x

Doddle I said Alexa reads to me, I meant she plays my audio books I purchase from Amazon, have poetry books read by
Richard Burton and Michael Sheen and many more, so I choose a book on my audio app and just say ‘Alexa read my book’. Rather like saying ‘peel me a grape’ isn’t it ? x

How is everyone? Do try not to get stressed about Christmas,
difficult I know x

Ellie Anne Mon 20-Dec-21 16:13:06

Well the tree is now . It’s just a small one. I wouldn’t have bothered but the children are meant to be coming next week for a meal and they expect it. The cat has helpfully removed some baubles already. Had another silent migraine on Sunday. Must be stress there is no other reason. Hope everyone ok and that Covid doesn’t disrupt too many plans.

Doodle Mon 20-Dec-21 19:55:50

Nonnie what a shame your monkey puzzle tree got taken away.
You sound as though you are having a full on time for Christmas. I hope all goes well and you enjoy your time with the family. It can be an anxious time for many. Hoping the family get on ok. Hoping people are well enough to visit.
The loneliness of those who aren’t able to have loved ones with them.. Christmas is a happy time for so many and a sad time for so many others,
Your baking sounds good. Perhaps you should leave some samples here for us to taste ?
Annie I think you were quite right that MT should explain the reasoning behind things in her appeal. I do hope they listen. Your MT has been through so much they should take all the circumstances into account. I pray that she will be accepted.
Oh are you a dark chocolate fan too. I love it, especially with a cup of coffee. Can you still visualise the views from Snowdon?
I love mountain views. Nothing quite like it.
Well I never knew you could do that with Alexa. How clever.
Are you reading (or should I say is she reading ?) anything good at the moment?
Ellie Anne I’m glad you made the effort with the tree and I’m sure it will be worth it when your children come.
I didn’t know you had a cat. Have you had it long?
I am sure stress can easily bring on migraine. Stress can cause the muscles in our neck and head to tense up.
Will you be visiting family over Christmas or have them with you?
Have a good night all the gang.

Anniebach Tue 21-Dec-21 11:33:52

Hi all x

New doors have arrived, will be fitted in two weeks, hopefully,
means the agoraphobia will need dealing with, open sky, large
space around me and people ! But can go into my garden again

Doodle don’t eat dark chocolate now or drink coffee, stopped so many things when Catherine died.

Alexa is reading ‘Myths and Legends of Wales’, gosh the devil was busy here !

A positive for all, today is the shortest day of the year.

How is everyone?

Doodle Tue 21-Dec-21 14:46:51

Annie I’m glad the doors have come. That’s a start. Hope they soon get fitted and then you can start to think about going outside. First steps, the garden.
Dear Annie I didn’t know Catherine but I’ve heard some things about her from you over the years. I think I’m correct in saying you had a very close relationship and she loved you.
I am sure she wouldn’t have wanted you to give up anything that gave you a moments pleasure. You have had so much hardship and loss to cope with.
That sounds an interesting book. Can you get to sleep after ?

Ellie Anne Tue 21-Dec-21 17:05:12

Good news about the doors Annie. You can start with the garden then try to go further. Take it slowly.
Doodle my cat is 6. I’d put a photo on if I knew how to!

Doodle Tue 21-Dec-21 22:02:06

Ellie Anne under the box where you type your post, on the left is a section that says choose file. If you click on the words choose file you get the chance to select your photo library and then pick whatever picture you want by clicking on it and then the word use top right, It will appear as a tiny photo but when you press Preview Message it should appear on screen next to your message.
Here is a screen shot I took to day of a lovely little Robin in the Dean’s garden at Canterbury.
Have a good night all. I’m off to church tomorrow for the first time since lockdown. I will say a prayer for you all x

Anniebach Wed 22-Dec-21 10:20:58

Hi all x

Hope everyone is organised and fully prepared for Christmas.

Ellie Anne yes I will start venturing out into my garden, hope
no more migraines for you. I think anxiety strikes either with
headaches or stomach problems, the latter for me, stomach ulcers. Are you having family visiting this weekend? hope so x

Doodle I had no choice about giving up dark chocolate, ulcer , having experienced an ulcer which burst I wasn’t going to risk that again.

Welsh legends aren’t frighting, a very famous bridge near Aberystwyth called ‘Devils Bridge’, an old woman Megan couldn’t cross a ravine to get to her cow, the devil offered to build a bridge if he could have the first soul which crossed the bridge, built the bridge , first to cross bridge was a dog not a
human, devil was not amused .

Lovely to attend church service today, x

How is everyone?

Scaredycat Wed 22-Dec-21 16:52:43

Hello all.
EllieAnne- trust a cat to rearrange your Xmas tree for you- they just can’t resist exploring new things can they. I,m glad you have a furry companion.
Annie- at last the doors have arrived! They,ll be in before Springtime sounds like. Won’t it be wonderful for,you to be able to see the bulbs come up and feel the sun on your face again. Yes take it slowly one step at a time .
Richard Burton reading poetry sounds like bliss what a beautiful voice he had.
Doodle,- hope you enjoyed your church service today and thank you for your prayers.
Wish I didn’t feel so anxious about Christmas but am focusing on the love of family and being together. Had a walk this afternoon and it was really cold and dull but love seeing the lights in the gardens.
Love to allxx

Doodle Wed 22-Dec-21 20:25:50

Annie sorry about the ulcer. They can cause big problems.
Devil’s Bridge. I have been there. Now you have reminded me I remember the story. Beautiful place.
Annie it was lovely to be in church again. So peaceful and calm. It’s a pretty little church with lovely stained glass windows. It felt good to be there. I said a prayer for all the gang.
Scaredycat your post about sun on your face reminded me of times when I was on holiday as a child. Sitting with my parents, by the sea, in a deckchair wrapped up in towels and a raincoat hoping that the sun would break through long enough to warm me up. ?
Hope you have a good Christmas and can relax a bit.
Sleep well all x

nanny2507 Thu 23-Dec-21 10:00:07

hello all my friends. I hope you are all well and have a happy few days however you choose to spend it. I haven't been good. mental health has hit rock bottom. I am pleased to say that after wishing you all well I am making a call to see a mental health team in my area. A friend at work has a barn cat and she had babies and the last one needed a home so I have welcomed chi (pronounced chee) into this mad house. shes is beautiful . I will try to pop in more often , much love to you all

nanny2507 Thu 23-Dec-21 10:14:34

Chi

Anniebach Thu 23-Dec-21 11:56:27

Hi all x

nanny so glad to hear from you, sorry you are struggling,
don’t forget we are here for you . Chi is lovely x

Scaredycat anxiety rises for so many in the days before Christmas, it’s lovely you will be with your family x

Doodle must have been joyful to attend a Church service x

How is everyone?

BlueSky Thu 23-Dec-21 12:25:47

“Have yourself a merry little Christmas
Let your heart be light
From now on
Your troubles will be out of sight ...”
Dear Black Dog Gang this is my wish to you for the festive season, be kind to yourself, love and best wishes to all xxx ?

Ellie Anne Thu 23-Dec-21 14:09:27

Trying again !
Rocky the cat

Doodle Thu 23-Dec-21 19:34:37

Nanny sorry to hear you are going through a rocky patch again. I hope the MHT are able to give you some support.
Chi is a lovely cat. Hope she gets on well with the others. ?
Annie I can’t tell you how lovely it was to sit in a church again. It is a small church with beautiful windows and glass panels. Cosy and peaceful. I plan to go again soon.
Bluesky what a lovely message. How kind. And the same to you too. Hope you and your family are ok.
Ellie Ann I can see Rocky likes his creature comforts. Nothing like sitting in the radiator to keep warm. I think he knows when he’s well off. ?

nanny2507 Thu 23-Dec-21 21:46:11

Ellie ann he is beautiful! I now have 6 cats . Binks has deemed himself both a house cat and mummy cat. My son and his friend ..if you remember they live with me...both bought a kitten for themselves and binks (a boy!) Has a fake nipple and he let's them suckle!! He sits and watches while they eat. He weighs 6 kilo double the weight that he was he found us. We can kiss him all we like . We can pick him up. He is so beautiful and loving we adore him. Proof what love can do xx

Joce345 Thu 23-Dec-21 23:39:35

Hello all I have been having problems getting onto the forum don’t know why... I’m plodding on like I do, had a few bad weeks, our little man has been poorly, why won’t the GP see poorly baby’s..
so much to catchup on now..
Christmas Eve is a sad time for me brings back some very sad memories...
I would like to wish you all a very peaceful holiday weekend.
You are all in my thoughts x

Anniebach Fri 24-Dec-21 09:51:16

Hi all x

Am sure everyone are busy little bees. Take time out to relax.

I will check this thread through the day tomorrow,

Have a joyful Christmas

Hugs x

Scaredycat Fri 24-Dec-21 11:45:41

Nanny- Nice to hear from you. Chi is a lovely addition to your furry family. So nice to hear that Binks is so happy now - all you need is love!!
BlueSky- such a nice message and hope you enjoy your Christmas however you are celebrating.
Ellie Anne - Rocky looks handsome
Joce- hope your little GS is on the mend now and will enjoy his first Christmas. Sorry you have sad memories at this time of year- Christmas is bitter sweet for many of us . Take care
Annie- not really a busy bee today- my daughter will be though!!! We,ve been for a long walk this morning and it was very quiet so I guess there’s lots of busy bees indoors!!
Will be thinking of you tomorrow- sending a Christmas hug xx
The very Best of Christmas Wishes to all BDGxxx

Namsnanny Fri 24-Dec-21 12:44:05

Happy Christmas to everyone. I haven't posted for a long while, but I try to keep up with everyone's struggles.
I've been listening to a lot of meditation tapes, and the mantra is to ask for 'peace and goodwill' for yourself and then others.
Wishing peace of mind and goodwill (especially peace) this Christmas for all of us.?

Doodle Fri 24-Dec-21 21:30:53

Nanny so pleased Binks has now settled into a happy life with you and your family. Extra kittens too how lovely for you all.
What a change from when you first found him
I hope you and yours have a peaceful Christmas.
Joce I’m sorry to hear your little grandson hasn’t been to well.
You’re right it’s almost impossible to see a GP these days but I would have thought they would make an exception for babies and children. Hope he improves soon.
Sorry for your sadness at this time but hope for brighter days for you in the weeks to come.
Annie how kind to be on standby tomorrow for anyone who needs some support. Will you be face timing or speaking to your family? I hope your older granddaughter has a success with her Christmas dinner.
Hope there is lots on TV to keep you busy. Are you still cross stitching?
Peace be with you over this festive season. Take care. xx
Scaredycat hope you relax and have a happy Christmas with your family.
Namsnanny how nice to hear from you. Hope the tapes work for you. That’s a really good mantra and I hope you don’t mind if I copy it as I think it sums up well how to send good wishes to all on the BDG.

To all who have posted on the BDG past and present. Wishing you all this Christmas, peaceful minds, a rest from anxiety and most of all hope for the future. God bless xx??

Anniebach Sat 25-Dec-21 09:42:31

Hi all x

Wishing everyone a joyful Christmas x

Doodle Sat 25-Dec-21 10:51:29

Hi Annie thank you and the same to you too.
Thinking of you and all the gang members past and present.
Peace to all xx

Anniebach Sat 25-Dec-21 11:28:10

I am starting a new thread, look for - Black Dog 11

Anne x

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion