Gransnet forums

Health

The NHS App & Proof of Vaccination ?

(30 Posts)
FannyCornforth Sat 12-Jun-21 08:41:01

Hello Everyone ?
I had my second vaccination yesterday (woo!)

We are all being encouraged to use the NHS App (different to the Track & Trace App) to prove our vaccine status.

I've just tried to check mine and DH's details on said App - but it's a right faff.
Has anyone successfully used it?

I've also heard (anecdotally, on the radio last night) that in Scotland , you receive a Vaccination Certificate as proof.
Is this right?

Any knowledge, thoughts etc on proof of vaccination?
Thank you!

baubles Sat 12-Jun-21 08:43:59

No certification given in my part of Scotland Fanny. Oddly enough I thought I’d heard that they were given out in England.

Happygirl79 Sat 12-Jun-21 08:55:18

I regularly use the NHS application to reorder repeat prescriptions and its very straightforward
The app shows that I am fully vaccinated with jabs 1 and 2

Talullah Sat 12-Jun-21 08:56:45

Oh yes, I use the NHS APP and both my vaccines are listed there. Just continue with NHS login, user name and password A list of services will appear. One of which is *Check your Covid-19 vaccine record and there it should be! Good Luck.

Jaxjacky Sat 12-Jun-21 08:58:11

On my NHS app there is a ‘view and share your COVID-19 status for travel, this shows both my vaccinations and the date given. I’m in England.

FannyCornforth Sat 12-Jun-21 09:00:59

Happy girl thank you, it was the part where you have to prove who you are that got me.
I'll have to have another bash later.
I was going to say that it's probably just me, as I'm a bit rubbish at stuff like that, but I'm sure that others may struggle with it.
You have to have either a passport or driving license. For years I had neither

Baubles isn't that just typical!

ixion Sat 12-Jun-21 09:01:00

^I've just tried to check mine and DH's details on said App - but it's a right faff.
Has anyone successfully used it?^ (Quote)

Works fine for us FC and I'm no techie?
*Brings you to Home page.
*Select 2nd option- 'Check your COVID-19 vaccine record'
There it is.

Dogsmakemesmile Sat 12-Jun-21 09:01:30

Does the NHS app cover Scotland? Apologies for not very clever question.

FannyCornforth Sat 12-Jun-21 09:02:48

Tallulah and ,Jaxjacky - thank you - did you have to prove who you are and sort out a photo?

ixion Sat 12-Jun-21 09:02:48

(Sorry - many posts popped up whilst typing the same thing)

Lin52 Sat 12-Jun-21 09:07:25

After two attempts, mainly to do with the photograph required, was successful in downloading the NHS app. Checked 48 hrs after second vaccine, details correct, seen on the app. Very impressed. The vaccine card you are given also acts as proof I understand, but can be easily abused if lost, although would hope other checks are carried out. So keep trying.

Jaxjacky Sat 12-Jun-21 09:18:17

Cant recall, I’ve had it for a while, don’t remember any problems, but I’m reasonable at technology. Should be, I worked for IBM.

Largolass Sat 12-Jun-21 09:28:35

Dogsmakemesmile NHS Scotland have there own APP

tanith Sat 12-Jun-21 09:58:07

I had no problems with the NHS app now have the proof of vaccine passport on my phone and iPad.

FannyCornforth Sat 12-Jun-21 10:02:17

Thanks everyone
What I think I'm specifically asking is - did you need to use your passport / driving licence, or is there another way?

FannyCornforth Sat 12-Jun-21 10:08:32

Aha! Just found out that you can ring 119 and they will send you a letter with your vaccine details on it!
That's good to know smile

Jaxjacky Sat 12-Jun-21 10:17:57

I think the problem with letters and the cards given out is potential forgery, as have happened in the past with documents.

henetha Sat 12-Jun-21 10:20:49

Yes, I've got it successfully on my phone now, - but only because my son was sat next to me at the time and showed me how to use it. I doubt my abilty to access it on my own!

ixion Sat 12-Jun-21 10:21:04

If you contact your Surgery, they will text you a code to use in setting up the App. Then you don't need a photo or passport.

FannyCornforth Sat 12-Jun-21 10:22:32

To be perfectly honest, I doubt very much that I shall be doing anything that will require proof anyway...

FannyCornforth Sat 12-Jun-21 10:23:55

Ah - excellent ixion, that's great, thank you.
We're even now re: tech help! grin

Blossoming Sat 12-Jun-21 10:34:31

I didn’t need to prove my ID, but I’ve been using NHS Services for a long time, for prescriptions and hospital appointments and stuff. You only have to be verified when you first set up your NHS ID. Data protection innit ?

Whiff Sat 12-Jun-21 10:38:02

My daughter put the NHS app on my phone a few weeks ago . Love it. Order my repeat prescription via it. Also shows both my Covid vaccines,date,type even batch number. Plus my flu jab from last year. I was text an appointment for the hospital for next month. That is also on the app. My brother, sister in law , daughter and son in law have it on their phones.

FannyCornforth Sat 12-Jun-21 10:41:17

Right. It looks like I've got to bite the bullet; pull up my socks; get my act into gear; and DO IT

JaneJudge Sat 12-Jun-21 10:54:00

I couldn't work out how to do it either, if it helps.