Gransnet forums

Health

How did you meet the love of your life.

(36 Posts)
Midwifebi6 Sat 26-Jun-21 13:16:56

I had several boyfriends my first at sixteen who broke my heart then I had three more all ending after a short while. Then one night I was in a pub when a a young man came up to me introduce himself and said “ I’m going to marry you” I looked at him intently and replied “ do you know I think you will”
50 years later the spark between us from that first meeting has never dimmed. I am the only girlfriend my husband has ever had. So grateful we met.

Greenfinch Sat 26-Jun-21 19:42:19

I was a student doing my teaching practice at the school where he was already teaching.

Retired65 Sat 26-Jun-21 19:51:45

I met my husband to be through a local walking group. I was going out with someone else at the time who didn't want to get married and was seeing other women. As far as I know I was my husband's first and last girlfriend. We have been married for 33 years and have 2 grown up children. I suppose he is my best friend.

vampirequeen Sat 26-Jun-21 19:53:05

Internet dating.

LadyGracie Sat 26-Jun-21 19:53:44

Across a Far Eastern swimming pool. It took him almost 6 months to speak to me. That was 52 years ago.

hollysteers Sat 26-Jun-21 20:46:55

I was engaged as a secretary to my future husband by the Office Manager in his absence. The first morning I stepped into the lift behind him thinking what a fine man he was, not realising he was the boss.
He wasn’t very pleased with the appointment, I looked like Hiawatha as I was in my hippy stage.
Turned out we had things in common and he had tickets to a classical concert, together 45 years until he died five years ago.
No one like him.

Mollygo Sat 26-Jun-21 21:39:45

At my first Uni dance. I thought he was with someone else, but he sought me out and we’ve been together ever since.

Whiff Sun 27-Jun-21 07:04:33

My brother sold me for 2 pints in 1975 that was 34p. My husband said if you get your sister to go on a date I'll buy you a pint. Date when so well he brought him 2. After 29 years as a couple and married 22 years he died in 2004 aged 47. But we have 2 children and 5 grandson's . He lives on in their DNA.

BigBertha1 Sun 27-Jun-21 07:24:31

He was a patient.

Sunnysideup Mon 28-Jun-21 18:49:48

Intrigued to know why this is in Health! However, maybe it’s because still being with the love of your life after 50 years is good for your health! Wonderful, long may it continue for you.x

NanKate Mon 28-Jun-21 19:30:42

I met my DH 53 years ago tonight at a BBQ. It was a wash out so we had the food and dancing inside. DH only had my name and knew where I lived so he looked me up in the Telephone Directory and phoned everyone with my surname. It took a while before I agreed to get married, as I was very happy how I was and didn’t want to settle down. I’m glad I did. ?