Gransnet forums

Health

2 large wines

(32 Posts)
Birdwatcher4 Sun 04-Jul-21 23:49:58

My friends an I meet up once a week for a meal and the above we are all late 70 is it too much wine for our ages often feel quite tipsy when I get home .

JillEH Tue 06-Jul-21 21:11:55

Have a look at the AA website.
My understanding is that something resembling a binge (I do think that 2x large qualifies) is not good for you. If your friendship is good, I don't see why oiling the wheels with a drink is needed.

Katyj Wed 07-Jul-21 06:25:31

My mum at nearly 90 is drinking a litre bottle of Brandy a week. I’m constantly telling her this can’t be good for her, but she says it’s not much compared to what her friends drink. I worry about the effects it’s having on her, plus her medication, she takes tablets to prevent clots and bp meds.Does anyone know What effects would this amount of alcohol have ?

NanKate Wed 07-Jul-21 07:23:14

Some years back I started pouring myself half a glass of wine to half a glass of water. I now really enjoy this combination and still have a nice full glass in front of me when enjoying a meal.

I particularly enjoy a wine call Gewurtztraminer from Alsace it is very floral, like drinking a meadow. However it is rather too sweet but by watering it down by 50% it is perfect. Cheers.

LadyStardust Wed 07-Jul-21 09:19:13

BlueSky

Too late to worry about long term damage. Enjoy! winewine

Absolutely this! My friend and I have been known to get through 2 bottles in a night out! Yes OK it's not massively good for us but we have such fun! 2 large glasses is us taking it easy. grin Waits for disapproving comments. hmm

Polarbear2 Wed 07-Jul-21 09:38:15

I’m with the relax and enjoy crowd. You might fall under a bus next week. It sounds like you’re having fun. Much more important ?

nannyof4 Sat 10-Jul-21 13:09:08

I have wine most evenings and normally only 2 small glasses.
Its my treat at the end of the daysmile