Gransnet forums

Health

Has anyone used CBD gummies?

(78 Posts)
LizzieDrip Sat 31-Jul-21 11:37:41

I’m considering buying some CBD gummies for my anxiety. I wonder if any Grans Netters have any experience of them? Do they work or are they a waste of time and money? Any side effects? Thanks in anticipation.

MissAdventure Tue 03-Aug-21 13:47:16

That's a really positive message. smile
What a result!

Lillian40 Tue 03-Aug-21 13:48:18

Yes I have been taking CBD Gummies for about 3 months now. I have severe Arthritis in my knees, the hospital told me they can't do anything for me as the Cartlidge and bones are to worn, due to age. I was given painkillers and a jel to rub on my knees. I had to give up my ambling group, and became almost house bound. I read about the CBD Gummies and even though they are expensive, my health was worth it. I had got so bad I was permanently using a walking stick even around the house. After about 3 weeks I realised the swelling on my knees had gone down slightly, and I could walk indoors without the stick. My son told me he was taking CBD capsules not the gummies for his back, he had been in an accident many years ago and he was left with permanent pain. He said they were helping reduce the pain a lot. I switched to the CBD capsules, and in the last month I have been able to walk short walks outside and am improving daily. I have been on a bus today, for the first time in 2yrs, on my own to shops. I was so excited to be able to do this. I also walked a short distance without using the walking stick. I know without doubt that the CBD capsules are helping me, I will continue to buy these, I get them of Amazon, they can be slightly cheaper. Like any other vitamin you have to take them for a while to feel the benefits as they get into your system. They are not going to work straight away as they are not a medication. I feel like I have come back to the world at last.

NM1568 Tue 03-Aug-21 13:54:23

I’ve tried the star powa, gummies, both 5mg and 15 mg but can’t really say they helped my chronic tension headaches and insomnia . I’m now on the ‘Blessed’ oil, it’s uk company , good reviews , it is pricey but I’m willing to give it a go to feel half human again as the headaches are debilitating. Blessed do gummies too. I’ve been on it a week and a half and I’m starting to notice a difference , not had a pain killer yet today which is very good going for me. Ive noticed an improvement in my sleep too. My anxiety and low mood was dissolved away 2 yrs ago with an hrt patch and I’m not willing to stop sticking them on my body for a long time yet. Good luck to everyone who needs a helping hand, it’s a shame that there’s not a one size fits all remedy yet xx

Brocky Tue 03-Aug-21 14:15:17

I tried the CBD oil with no effect. Haven’t tried the ‘gummies’. Would like to know if they help chronic pain, at the moment my doctor prescribesmorphine patches.

ELLAMAR Tue 03-Aug-21 14:40:49

icanhandthemback

My autistic grandson has them when his anxiety levels are really high. Originally he had them daily; he went from being completely non-verbal to starting to talk within weeks. The health professionals could not believe the difference in him. He was on it for about a year and then they gradually withdrew it until he only has it when he needs help.

Wow that is great what brand did he use? thanks.

EmilyHarburn Tue 03-Aug-21 14:41:15

I use a relaxation CD to keep calm and relaxed.

Applegran Tue 03-Aug-21 14:44:13

Its good to read peoples' actual experience and good too that many have found relief. I want to suggest another approach which you could consider, in addition to or instead of taking something as medication. I am currently reading a paperback book which you might find really useful - it is aimed at exactly what you are concerned about. But it is relevant to everyone - I don't suffer from anxiety but am learning a lot from it. Its called "The Happiness Trap" and is by Russ Harris. Its easy to read and reminds us, for instance, that no one is happy all the time, we all have all the feelings, including anxiety, sometimes - and suggests ways where we are not fighting our feelings, but finding ways to be more free and accepting of ourselves and our thoughts and feelings.
I'm finding it really helpful. I hope the OP may try it - and anyone else who has similar issues.

Camelotclub Tue 03-Aug-21 15:35:59

Made me feel completely paranoid, as did ginseng!

queenofsaanich69 Tue 03-Aug-21 15:46:48

Why not try a Naturopath or Health Food Store for advice they can probably give you good advice on something that has known results.Sorry you feel so down it has been a very hard year,good luck.

Alioop Tue 03-Aug-21 16:51:13

I have three friends on the oil which they take for pain, one also thinks it helps his appetite. I bought some for arthritis, but still not taken it. Hope when I do it won't make my appetite better, it's bad enough as it is, see food, eat it.

Jaxie Tue 03-Aug-21 18:06:12

Tried them, zero effect.

Purplepoppies Tue 03-Aug-21 18:27:45

Be very careful what you buy and from where. Some edibles that aren't kosher (dodgy sellers) have given people nasty food poisoning.
I haven't tried them but I'm not adverse to the real thing.
I use valerian too.

Chameleon007 Tue 03-Aug-21 18:39:24

I have had osteoarthritis for many years and the pain in my knees would wake me up every night. I was also using a mobility scooter for 'walking' anything but a few yards. Three years ago I read about CBD capsules and thought I would give them a go. Within a month I was walking further and friends remarked how much better I was and couldn't believe the difference the capsules made. I still take a capsule daily and two if the weather is wet or cold. Couldn't be without them.

Emerald888 Tue 03-Aug-21 19:25:20

My husband has been using cbd oil capsules for years for his aches and pains with great success. Says they also calm him.
We had our sons elderly spaniel staying for a fortnight. She has an itchy skin complaint and whined for hours every evening. He got her a canine version and it calmed her down. Son still using it on her with great success. Like a new dog!

Emerald888 Tue 03-Aug-21 20:04:50

My husband has been using cbd oil capsules for his aches and pains over five years. Says also very calming.
Got canine version for an elderly spaniel stressed by an itchy skin condition. Stopped her barking for hours each evening. Made her happy again.

LizzieDrip Tue 03-Aug-21 20:09:49

Thanks everyone for the responses. Some very positive outcomes here! Definitely food for thought.

rosieod1 Tue 03-Aug-21 22:53:38

I started using CBD oil capsules for ETD and inflammation a couple of years ago. Did nothing for them at all but really helped with anxiety and I discovered that by accident. I hate travelling and was always so anxious, particularly when we did our trips to Cornwall.
Suddenly realised that I wasn't stressed on the way one one day but on the next trip was freaked out and the connection was that I hadn't been taking my tabs for a few weeks. Went back to them and the stress was gone again, so they worked for me with anxiety. Just Holland and Barrett Jacob Hoey ones, that I only buy when they are on the penny sale so don't work out majorly expensive. Good luck if you do try them x

LizzieDrip Wed 04-Aug-21 10:46:04

rosieod1, that sounds really positive. Do you mind me asking if you had any digestive problems as a side effect from the capsules? I’ve read that this is a common side effect - hence why I’m interested in the gummies, which appear to be better tolerated. I occasionally get reflux and don’t want to exacerbate it. TIA

annifrance Wed 04-Aug-21 12:21:34

I have just asked my GP about CBT oil for pain from arthritis. he said no as it has neurological side effects. As did the NHS arthritis line. They did recommend a cream Capsaicin.

moggie57 Wed 04-Aug-21 13:12:16

my friend told me they taste like an ashtray and they didnt do much at all. except make her feel sick...

Lucy127 Wed 04-Aug-21 16:24:45

I’m taking medicinal cannabis for acute pain. CBD x 2 in day and THC & CBD x 1 nights. Started low and increased a few times. Not yet reached effective dose, and I found I need to take the much more expensive non-drowsy dose. At moment can’t afford. I’ve had to come off current whilst I get funds together for higher non-drowsy dose. At night I found my balance was very poor. I don’t know if this is any help. Must bear in mind that everyone reacts differently. I’d still say it’s worth a trial. Good luck.

Smurf52 Wed 04-Aug-21 17:20:11

I've been taking the CBD gummies for insomnia with no luck so far.

ExDancer Fri 06-Aug-21 14:41:21

Where do you live Lucy? I haven't been able to find anything with a THC content here in the UK.

Gastorr Sat 30-Oct-21 16:38:22

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

ElaineI Sat 30-Oct-21 18:33:48

No but there's a warning from Scottish Police to watch that children don't get them instead of Haribos in their guising bags.