Gransnet forums

Health

Has anyone used CBD gummies?

(77 Posts)
LizzieDrip Sat 31-Jul-21 11:37:41

I’m considering buying some CBD gummies for my anxiety. I wonder if any Grans Netters have any experience of them? Do they work or are they a waste of time and money? Any side effects? Thanks in anticipation.

FannyCornforth Sat 31-Jul-21 11:40:52

I’ve tried bought CBD oil a couple of times (two different brands, both pricey, 40 quid plus) both did absolutely nothing at all for me.

MissAdventure Sat 31-Jul-21 11:43:17

I would definitely say they're worth a try.
If nothing else, they'll not give you any unpleasant side effects, and they're not going to break the bank.

ExDancer Sat 31-Jul-21 11:47:09

I looked at the gummies, they are even more expensive than CBD products although they do contain the 'active' part of the cannabis plant (THC I think its called). I gathered they're not available in the UK anyway, even if I could afford them.
I also tried CBD FannyC and also with zero results.

GagaJo Sat 31-Jul-21 12:01:26

I tried CBD tea. Zero effect.

GagaJo Sat 31-Jul-21 12:02:20

A friend who smokes dope said I should just try that. But I don't smoke and don't want to start. And eating it makes me feel sick.

Fridayschild Sat 31-Jul-21 12:10:51

I tried CBD oil too (capsules). Very costly, and did nothing. But it seems to help some people. You won’t know till you try. (Nothing ventured, nothing gained).

MissAdventure Sat 31-Jul-21 12:13:10

For anxiety, have you tried valerian, LizzieDrip?

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 31-Jul-21 12:14:55

I am trying CBD oil just now, I've got a very potent version which cost near £100 - will let you now if they work!! Only been one them just over a week.

eazybee Sat 31-Jul-21 12:15:31

No idea what they are, and from what I have seen here, no intention of finding out.

MissAdventure Sat 31-Jul-21 12:21:38

It would be helpful to know what people were taking them for.
Pain or anxiety?
Perhaps they help more with one thing than another, or maybe they're not much good for either.

FlexibleFriend Sat 31-Jul-21 12:33:33

I tried them for pain and followed the instructions I was given to start off with a small piece, I found it didn't do anything at all for me and zero side effects. I do intend to try again and build up the amount taken. I didn't think they were too expensive tbh £20 for a weeks supply if taken as a full gummy per day if they work I'd be more than happy to pay.

FannyCornforth Sat 31-Jul-21 13:03:27

MissA it was anxiety for me.
I didn’t have the chronic pain that I suffer from now, at the time of trying the cbd oil.

GagaJo Sat 31-Jul-21 13:13:36

Be good to know.

MissAdventure Sat 31-Jul-21 13:19:57

We'll have to see Gwenisgreat's verdict, I think.
Doesn't sound as if anyone has had great results so far.

BlueBelle Sat 31-Jul-21 14:41:43

My friend bought it for pain relief and also had zero help didn’t bother again
Blimey £100 Gwenisgreat That would be three weeks groceries for me ….no way

Visgir1 Sat 31-Jul-21 14:46:52

I have very arthritic hands.
Been taking CBD oil for about 3 years few drops x2 a day. Agree not cheap but it works for me. I can bend them much better with no pain.
I was in UAE then Australia begging of last year where I was unable to take it into either country, my fingers did become much stiffer after about 2 weeks of not having any, very noticeable.
Once home I restarted they quickly reverted back to easier movement.
I was told originally it takes a while to work, but you do need a good quality CBD oil at least 6% strength each small bottle is about £40. The higher the strength the higher the price.
I used a company called Provacan which you can find on line.
Tbh anything with less than 6%Pure CBD won't work.
Good luck if you go for it, nothing venture etc etc

LizzieDrip Sat 31-Jul-21 15:22:01

Thanks for the responses. No-one seems to report good results for anxiety so am still considering whether it’s worth trying the gummies or not???

FannyCornforth Sat 31-Jul-21 15:28:17

Which make are they Lizzie?
Have you tried anything else for your anxiety?

LizzieDrip Sat 31-Jul-21 17:23:59

FannyCornforth, I haven’t tried any gummies yet but have been looking at ones for sale online & Holland & Barrett. I’ve taken St John’s Wort in the past but to no avail. Also tried meditation, hypnosis, mindfulness, breathing exercises etc. but nothing seems to work. I don’t really want to go down the medication route so thought CBD gummies might be an option???

MissAdventure Sat 31-Jul-21 17:49:35

I would give them a try if I was you.
You may be someone they work for, and if not, well you won't have wasted a fortune.
Holland and Barrett is probably your best bet, too, so you know they're produced in food standard conditions.

Namsnanny Sat 31-Jul-21 18:36:17

Why not medication from the GP LizzieDrip?

Everything has side effects to consider.

LizzieDrip Sat 31-Jul-21 18:37:39

Thanks MissAdventure. I’m thinking I might give them a go! As others have said ‘nothing ventured; nothing gained’. My anxiety has gradually got worse this year (perhaps understandably) and I really want some peace of mind and calm!

MissAdventure Sat 31-Jul-21 19:26:36

Give 'em a whirl. smile

FannyCornforth Sun 01-Aug-21 11:57:40

Hello again Lizzie
Can you say why you are reluctant to ‘go down the medication route’?
Anti depressants are a tried and tested means of alleviating anxiety.
If you started a thread about ad’s you’d have many very positive responses!
I really think that you should talk to your GP if possible. They will start you on a very low dose and carefully monitor you.
I was diagnosed as having Generalised Anxiety Disorder over thirty years ago.
After a work related stress situation three years ago I was prescribed Citalopram.
They really help to keep my mood stable and I do not catastrophise as I once did.
Please talk to your GP. I understand how debilitating anxiety is and hope that you get some relief from it soon thanks