Gransnet forums

Health

Dignitas

(30 Posts)
Lisagran Tue 10-Aug-21 23:06:15

That’s sad, FarawayGran. Can you talk with your doctor / consultant / Hospice nurse? I’m sure they would reassure you that you would not be in pain. Do you live alone or do you have family?

DillytheGardener Tue 10-Aug-21 23:00:14

I don’t have any advice to give, but didn’t want to scroll past without saying anything. I’m sorry that this is happening to you and I will be keeping you in my thoughts. I hope that you will have plenty more time on this Earth to spend with your friends and family flowers

Esspee Tue 10-Aug-21 22:53:49

I have huge respect for anybody who decides to take control of the end of their life so they can die with dignity.
I hope you get the support of your family FarawayGran and that it will be a very long time before you get to the stage where you feel you have had enough. ?

crazyH Tue 10-Aug-21 22:52:34

So sorry Farawaygran. You don’t really have to be in pain. I believe, end of life care has improved a great deal. I can’t help or advise you, but am sending you ? for your bravery,

FarawayGran Tue 10-Aug-21 22:42:07

Has anyone known someone who has used Dignitas? Or who is considering using them?
I have a terminal illness, I don't know how long I have left and I am terrified of being alive, in pain for any length of time.
I am seriously considering Dignitas.
Your views will be appreciated