Gransnet forums

Health

Breast pain

(85 Posts)
CafeAuLait Sun 12-Sep-21 05:44:50

I had the same and an ultrasound found a couple of mildly dilated ducts. Apparently it's not that uncommon and of no concern. A follow up mammogram was all okay.

FindingNemo15 Sat 11-Sep-21 14:21:45

On the advice of the consultant at the breast clinic I take 3000mg of Evening Primrose Oil capsules a day and now hardly ever get any breast pain.

rafichagran Sat 11-Sep-21 13:35:09

Thanks again for the replies, that is why I posted I wanted to hear everyone's experience. I know making the appointment with the GP was right and I will take the advice on taking the painkillers.

Lucca Sat 11-Sep-21 13:18:25

rafichagran

Thankyou very much for your replies, you have put my mind at rest. I was concerned.

I have been told that if it’s cancer it wouldn’t hurt. Over the years I often had pain in my boobs and it turned out to be was nothing.
Then I did get breast cancer and no it didn’t hurt !!

Sardinia2020 Sat 11-Sep-21 13:10:13

Hi, I had breast pain and I kept thinking the skin on the same breast looked a bit stretched. I thought I was probably being ridiculous but went to the gp anyway. She said breast pain isn’t usually anything sinister but I was referred to the breast clinic. No one could feel any lumps but they decided to do a mammogram and then a biopsy when that looked a bit odd and I was diagnosed with lobular breast cancer. It was quite a big area and I had to have a mastectomy. At no stage were any of the medical staff able to find any lumps. I’m sure you’ll be fine but I would go to the gp if I were you.

rafichagran Sat 11-Sep-21 12:50:12

Thankyou very much for your replies, you have put my mind at rest. I was concerned.

Liz46 Sat 11-Sep-21 11:46:23

I get it off and on and was checked the first time it happened. Now I have abandoned the mitt I used to wear to wash myself in the shower and just rub soapy hands over my breasts every morning.

timetogo2016 Sat 11-Sep-21 11:45:46

Don`t worry rafichagran,you may have pulled a muscle,i reached far too high for something and omg the breast pain i suffered was horrendous,it lasted a good week.
But you are doing the right thing seeing you Gp.
Hope you feel better soon.

Jaxjacky Sat 11-Sep-21 11:40:52

I had it earlier this year rafichagran also some swelling under the arm, I took paracetamol and used voltarol. Very swift referral, a week, from GP examination to the breast clinic, all ok. Apparently it’s not unknown, I was very scared, swiftly followed by very relieved and grateful to my GP as it was during lockdown. Hopefully yours is the same.

rafichagran Sat 11-Sep-21 11:24:39

I have made a appointment to see the GP, I have pain in my left breast but no lump, it is just very uncomfortable, anyone else had experience of this, and did you end up taking alot of pain killers?
I am just wondering if this is a common thing that happens with age.