Gransnet forums

Health

Flu and covid

(122 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Tue 05-Oct-21 12:59:35

Anyone had either of these yet?

Just like petrol these are in short supply in the South.

Not had either yet.

Franbern Wed 06-Oct-21 13:11:49

GP Surgery called me for my flu jan a few weeks back. Very well organised. About four people actually doing the jabs. We were checked that we actually had an appointment as we arrived - then waited about two minutes for one of the desks to become free and then left by a different door. Had absolutely no reaction to it at all.
Message to book my Covid booster came last week, noticed that one of the places doing these was my very local Boot so have booked in there.
I do know that almost everybody who has received this booster has had a few hours reaction to it, so I am prepared for that.

Silvertwigs Wed 06-Oct-21 13:44:56

I’m always first in the queue for anything that will mitigate pain and sufferance, so had all mine. I particularly like the new name of the booster jab. Comirity!

LuckyFour Wed 06-Oct-21 14:14:43

DH (age 78) was called for booster Covid jab this week. He asked if I could go at the same time. They said how old is she and he said 74 - so he was told she's too young. Haven't heard that for a long time!

Keeleklogger Wed 06-Oct-21 14:23:11

I have had my flu jab several weeks ago, no problems at all. I can’t have my COVID booster until the end of October which is 6 months after the second COVID jab.

My daughter in law has had the flu jab in one arm and the COVID booster in the other last week as she is a nurse at royal Stoke hospital.

Nannageddon Wed 06-Oct-21 14:40:43

Flu jab due sat
Covid booster monday

Minerva Wed 06-Oct-21 14:52:56

I had both last weekend. I wouldn’t have chosen to have them on the same day but after the booster I was invited to have the flu jab and it seemed silly not to. The booster hurt more at the time and the flu arm ached more the next day. My heart has been racing since but that can happen any time these days. Glad now to have them both out of the way.

Grannygrumps1 Wed 06-Oct-21 15:05:57

Had both. I live in the south. Absolutely no problems.??‍♀️

Frogs Wed 06-Oct-21 15:13:51

nanna8

They won’t let you have both jabs together here. Maybe so they can separate out any side effects?

I thought the same nanna8 but our surgery has just announced that they intend to do flu and Covid vaccinations at the same time for over 70s so that this group of people don’t have to travel twice. In the meantime they vaccinating under 70s with the flu jab only.
I’m unsure about having the two together and had thought of getting my flu jab at the pharmacist. ?
What do others think ?

Yammy Wed 06-Oct-21 15:39:10

Not a peep from our surgery about either. Booked our own flu jab at the Lloyds pharmacy. Both had sore arms and felt out of it the next day then fine.
When the Covid invite comes we hope it is at the local surgery. We live up north and 30 miles from the border and were offered for first Covid Bury Cathedral, we turned it down with the option to wait for a surgery call. A few weeks later Bury was put in full lockdown.!!!!! When it did come very well organised and kind people asking what times we had and letting us go in front. I hope it is the same this time and soon, as lots of double vaced people we know are getting Covid after the schools went back and family events.

icanhandthemback Wed 06-Oct-21 15:59:37

Yes, live in the south and both of us have had our jabs as have my Mum and her partner. None of us has had a COVID booster yet.

lilydily9 Wed 06-Oct-21 16:23:43

I never have the flu jab. I'm double jabbed for Covid but won't be having the booster. My arm is still sore from the last Covid jab I had in May and I sometimes get pain in my arm. I am quite reclusive so will take my chances.

Fernbergien Wed 06-Oct-21 16:25:46

North Hampshire -had booster on Sunday and flu to be done on the coming Saturday

NannyC1 Wed 06-Oct-21 16:28:28

I had both of mine Liverpool last week.

jean4a1 Wed 06-Oct-21 16:50:49

flue and Booster all done

jean4a1 Wed 06-Oct-21 16:50:49

flue and Booster all done

rafichagran Wed 06-Oct-21 16:53:05

I am 64, told you had to be 65 to get it. My GP offered me a slot this coming Saturday. I will have it done.

ExaltedWombat Wed 06-Oct-21 16:57:53

I've had three invitations to a COVID booster. Despite my 6 months not being up! When I asked, was told I'd be rejected until it WAS up.
Both GP and pharmacy are keen for my custom for the 'flu jab!

notgoneyet Wed 06-Oct-21 17:35:14

I live in South London. Booster and Flu jabs together but was told by both my doctor's surgery and the chemist where I am going for my Booster that we have to leave one week in between.

Elegran Wed 06-Oct-21 17:57:40

I had the flu and the CoVid vaccinations at the same visit. No ill effects.

Atqui Wed 06-Oct-21 18:02:42

I suspect they want to know which caused side effects if any

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 06-Oct-21 18:08:37

OH and I each had a text from our local Health Centre this morning. We have made appointments on line for a COVID booster and flu jab next Tuesday.

WoodLane7 Wed 06-Oct-21 18:53:59

you have to wait 6 months after your second covid jab to get the booster but if you meet this criteria you can ring 119 to book in for your booster
My GP surgery texted me 2 weeks ago to tell me there was a flu jab walk-in clinic the folowing day 8am-6pm so I got mine done then

KathrynP Wed 06-Oct-21 19:08:00

I’m in the South and have had 2 Astra Zeneca jabs and a booster Pfizer. Also had the flu jab last week at my local surgery.

Saetana Wed 06-Oct-21 20:00:10

My husband had a GP appointment last week and she did his flu jab as well - offered me one too, I said thanks but no thanks grin Am double vaxxed for Covid but have never had nor needed a flu jab. We're in the South West.

annodomini Wed 06-Oct-21 20:45:40

Flu vax was three weeks ago and booster yesterday. Smooth operation as usual in the town hall. There was no queuing: straight in, identity checked, injection in, sat on a chair for 10 minutes and straight out again. No ill effects from either. I would never say no to a flu vaccination as I know from past experience how awful it can be.