Gransnet forums

Health

Anyone had their 3rd jab yet?

(69 Posts)
Luckygirl Tue 12-Oct-21 18:34:09

Just wondering how you got called in this time.....

Sparklefizz Wed 13-Oct-21 08:02:38

I had a text from my surgery on Monday offering several times on Saturday 23rd Oct at a different surgery - I booked immediately. I had the flu jab back in September as I didn't want both of them on the same day.

harrigran Wed 13-Oct-21 08:09:39

I received a text last week and had my booster on Sunday afternoon.
DH hasn't had his yet as the district nurses do the poorly patients at home.

MayBeMaw Wed 13-Oct-21 08:10:52

Later this morning!

grannysyb Wed 13-Oct-21 08:32:07

DH had his last week at Boots, I'm going to a community centre on the 22nd for mine, flu jabs this week at Boots.

Franbern Thu 14-Oct-21 09:06:57

For both 'flu jab and Covid booster I receieved text telling to book. Flu one was carried out at GP surgery on a Saturday morning - highly efficient system with several people doing the jabs. No waiting around at all, entered by different door to which we exited.
My original two Covid jabs had been carried out at our local vaccination centre, which needs a car to get to, so I was delighted to see that my local Boots, very close to home, was now doing these and the following the link in the text gave me plenty of appointments over the following couple of weeks.
So, flu jab was done about six weeks ago, Covid booster earlier this week. Must be at least six months after the second covid jab, and should be a different vaccine. My first two were AV, this one was Pfizer.
And, whereas you can have both flu and booster at same time (in different arms), if you have them separately, there has to be sometime between them.
WHen I checked in for it, Boots had all my records on these on their computer for me.
Did have a reaction this time, just for 36 hours.

spyder08 Thu 14-Oct-21 11:42:38

Contacted by text containing a link through to booking. Booked for the 23rd October

Patsy70 Fri 15-Oct-21 09:33:20

Also contacted by text from nhs, and booked the booster which I had on Tuesday, with no after effects. I’m 74.

Barmeyoldbat Fri 15-Oct-21 10:27:08

I was sent a text on the Thursday to book for the Saturday, three weeks ago which I did. As I have said on another thread, I then found out it wasn’t a booster but a full blown full dose and I will need a booster in 2 months time. This is because I am immune surpressed.

Fennel Fri 15-Oct-21 14:14:23

I had mine yesterday morning at a local health centre. The appt. came via an email.
All went smoothly except my first 2 were A-Z and this one was Pfitzer. The nurse said they couldn't get the A-Z.
There was quite a long queue - all doddery old folk like me. And many younger folk who had brought their elderly parent and left them in the car until their turn came.
I felt quite emotional, thinking, we all lived through WW2 and defied Hitler, so now we'll defy Covid (hopefully).

jeanie99 Sun 17-Oct-21 23:49:05

I received in a couple of weeks ago. Had a text and asked to make an appointment. It's based on when you had your second jab.

Shandy57 Mon 18-Oct-21 00:34:16

I had my second on 8 April, and haven't heard anything yet, but our medical centre is constantly posting on Fb that it's having to close early/can't answer the phones because of staff shortages.

FoghornLeghorn Mon 18-Oct-21 01:05:31

Fennel

I had mine yesterday morning at a local health centre. The appt. came via an email.
All went smoothly except my first 2 were A-Z and this one was Pfitzer. The nurse said they couldn't get the A-Z.
There was quite a long queue - all doddery old folk like me. And many younger folk who had brought their elderly parent and left them in the car until their turn came.
I felt quite emotional, thinking, we all lived through WW2 and defied Hitler, so now we'll defy Covid (hopefully).

Well it still went smoothly as that is what’s supposed to happen. Regardless of which vaccine you have already had your booster will always be Pfizer. There has never been any intention to give AZ as a booster.

LtEve Mon 18-Oct-21 06:00:54

I had mine yesterday, booked online as I knew it was 6 months from my second dose, I didn’t wait for the text/email. I’ve felt awful with temp, aches and tiredness since which I expected. Was warned that has I’ve had Covid plus the two vaccinations and know I’ve got a high level of antibodies I could expect a whopping (their words not mine) reaction.
I had the flu one last week at work and had a sore arm with tiredness for a day.
I shall be awash with lovely antibodies.

Newquay Mon 18-Oct-21 09:21:37

Booked an appointment at nearby chemist for flu; had it a couple of weeks ago.
Waited til 6 months after second covid then just turned up at local walk in centre-easy peasy!
Didn’t have them at same time as, if you react, how do you know which one it is you’re reacting to?
Did receive some different texts from NHS re Covid-just ignored them and got on with it!

Shandy57 Tue 19-Oct-21 08:03:12

Our medical centre have just posted on Fb for all over 50's to phone for a booster appointment.

Franbern Tue 19-Oct-21 08:30:17

So many of us saying how we received the information to book by either text or email. However, there are still a large number of the more elderly population who do not have access to these.
I spent time yesterday afternoon with one our flat owners - a lovely lady in her later eighties, who had managed to get her booster, but not her flu jab. As she is at the same surgery as me I wondered why - as they arranged them all by text., and she does not have facilities for this. Relies on 'phone call.

LadyGracie Tue 19-Oct-21 08:37:41

Having mine Thursday. I had a letter a fortnight ago and a reminder by text yesterday. I’m in South Wales.

Katek Tue 19-Oct-21 09:10:49

Received letter from NHS Scotland couple of weeks ago with details of date/time/venue. Going for both flu and Covid this Friday.

Jillyjosie Tue 19-Oct-21 11:47:42

I had mine last Saturday, Pfizer this time. I had a sore arm later but no other side effects. Unlike the flu jab which knocked me out for 24 hours.

Jaffacake2 Tue 19-Oct-21 13:33:55

Jealous of everyone who is having booster vaccines. Unfortunately I cannot have any more vaccines,including flu, as had an anaphylactic shock after the second one.Asthmatic so hoping to avoid getting covid virus.

merlotgran Tue 19-Oct-21 13:38:59

Had my third Covid jab this morning and my 'flu' jab two weeks ago.

All boostered up! grin

Jane71 Tue 19-Oct-21 15:56:05

Our surgery called today and we're having our booster jab and flu jab in early November. Hope we don't suffer having two jabs at the same time.

Puzzled Mon 25-Oct-21 16:59:10

Got a letter from NHS, "Book your place and time" Just where and when was most convenient. No problem!
OH was due a couple of weeks later, Surgery said "You are not on the list"
Went to NHS website, and booked a jab for two days ahead (Could have been next day!)
None of the complaints about non availability, and our area is supposed to be bad!
She did have a heavy arm, and is now rid of the terrible headache, but tummy still a bit iffy.
Might be inter action between the first two AZ and the Pfizer booster.
My three jabs were all Pfizer, and problem free (hardly even knew that the vaccination had been done)
Just wish that everyone offered a jab would get one. Life would be much easier for all of us if they did.
But many of the anti vaxxers die because they get Covid and load ICUs before they die.

dragonfly46 Mon 25-Oct-21 17:06:01

We got a text each exactly 6 months after our last vaccination giving us options to book.

kittylester Mon 25-Oct-21 17:11:19

Are you asking about a 3rd jab or a booster?