Gransnet forums

Health

Anyone had their 3rd jab yet?

(69 Posts)
Luckygirl Tue 12-Oct-21 18:34:09

Just wondering how you got called in this time.....

Shropshirelass Tue 26-Oct-21 09:33:26

Our surgery booked us in for booster at the same time as our flu jabs in a couple of weeks time.

Gossamerbeynon1945 Tue 26-Oct-21 09:29:42

Had mine yesterday, in Wales. No flu vaccine though. They said they were short of them.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 26-Oct-21 09:07:34

Just sitting in the recovery room after having the third Covid vaccine, I have now had three doses of Pfizer.

They are all also running a simultaneous walk-in clinic for 1st, 2nd, 3rd vaccines along with flu vaccinations. It’s only a very small local clinic but so well organised. ???

multicolourswapshop Tue 26-Oct-21 08:44:18

jane71my dh and sister had both the flu and the 3rd Covid vaccine at the same time same as everyone around us and we stay in Scotland too. Everything here seems to be very efficient I’m now waiting for my call up. (Not)

Juliet27 Tue 26-Oct-21 08:28:48

Too

Juliet27 Tue 26-Oct-21 08:28:31

Me to Dorset. My 2nd was the same day as yours.

kittylester Tue 26-Oct-21 08:23:52

Deedaa

kittylester There's been a lot of confusion over 3rd vaccinations and boosters for people with blood cancers with them getting conflicting advice from consultants and GPs. The latest advice for those with myeloma is to make it clear that this is your third jab when you are given it and then to have a booster later.

I realise that deedaa, that's why I asked.

Purpledaffodil Tue 26-Oct-21 07:16:20

If you only find distant appointments for boosters online, it is worth trying again each morning. After two days I found an accessible local pharmacy had appointments for later today.?

Dorsetcupcake61 Tue 26-Oct-21 05:35:44

I received a text yesterday to book my booster,have it on 9th November, which is pretty much spot on when it should be,very relieved. Finally had my flu jab last Saturday. There was an issue with my normally very efficient surgery whi sent links with no appointments twice and eventually sent text to contact them directly. I went to the pharmacy I use next to them,walk in,no appointment needed,done and dusted in under 5 minutes!

heath480 Tue 26-Oct-21 01:53:44

I had my booster last week,I didn’t wait for a text.Went to a nearby walk-in Centre,no need to book.It was busy.I am in the Midlands and there are several walk-in centres in my area.

muse Tue 26-Oct-21 01:11:52

Luckygirl. If it's the booster you are asking about, we had a text just over a week ago. It is exactly six months since our 2nd vaccination. We had texts for the first two.

We could either have both the booster and our flu vaccinations at the same time or just the booster. If we did the latter, we would then have to ring our doctor for the flu one. We decided to have both done last Saturday. I had my usual headache and aches for 24 hrs but that was from the flu vaccination. Same every year! My DH was fine.

Noticed in your last post that you were going to ring your doctor. Hope you got it sorted out.

Deedaa Mon 25-Oct-21 23:35:36

kittylester There's been a lot of confusion over 3rd vaccinations and boosters for people with blood cancers with them getting conflicting advice from consultants and GPs. The latest advice for those with myeloma is to make it clear that this is your third jab when you are given it and then to have a booster later.

Marydoll Mon 25-Oct-21 23:06:20

Margiknot

I don’t know if the one I had was a third or a booster! I got a text telling me to book because I am ECV ( third?) and a few days later a letter offering the booster.It is almost like the system is confused.

Those who are immunosuppressed require a third vaccine, followed by a booster in sixth months time.

Being ECV, doesn't necessarily mean receiving a third vaccination. You should have been informed what you are eligble for. There is a code on your medical records, which deems you eligible for a third vaccination, followed by a booster. You should have been told at your latest appointment if you need a booster in sixth months time. This has been decided for all nations in the UK by the JVC.
You can find lots of information about who is eligible on the Versusarthritis website.
www.versusarthritis.org

In Scotland, those who are deemed to require a third vaccination, followed by a booster, received a letter months ago, informing them of this. Not sure what happens elsewhere.

Charleygirl5 Mon 25-Oct-21 23:04:53

It is 3 weeks since my flu jab and almost 2 weeks since my booster so I am fine now until next year. I went to my local pharmacy for the flu jab and booster vaccine. I did not want both to be given at the same time.

nadateturbe Mon 25-Oct-21 22:47:12

My husband had his booster last Wednesday as he's 71. Still recovering.

Margiknot Mon 25-Oct-21 21:53:25

I don’t know if the one I had was a third or a booster! I got a text telling me to book because I am ECV ( third?) and a few days later a letter offering the booster.It is almost like the system is confused.

kittylester Mon 25-Oct-21 19:05:24

My friend who has a blood cancer is having her 3rd! But some people confuse 3rd with booster.

dragonfly46 Mon 25-Oct-21 18:35:55

The only people I know who have been offered a third jab are those who have very low immunity.

kittylester Mon 25-Oct-21 17:11:19

Are you asking about a 3rd jab or a booster?

dragonfly46 Mon 25-Oct-21 17:06:01

We got a text each exactly 6 months after our last vaccination giving us options to book.

Puzzled Mon 25-Oct-21 16:59:10

Got a letter from NHS, "Book your place and time" Just where and when was most convenient. No problem!
OH was due a couple of weeks later, Surgery said "You are not on the list"
Went to NHS website, and booked a jab for two days ahead (Could have been next day!)
None of the complaints about non availability, and our area is supposed to be bad!
She did have a heavy arm, and is now rid of the terrible headache, but tummy still a bit iffy.
Might be inter action between the first two AZ and the Pfizer booster.
My three jabs were all Pfizer, and problem free (hardly even knew that the vaccination had been done)
Just wish that everyone offered a jab would get one. Life would be much easier for all of us if they did.
But many of the anti vaxxers die because they get Covid and load ICUs before they die.

Jane71 Tue 19-Oct-21 15:56:05

Our surgery called today and we're having our booster jab and flu jab in early November. Hope we don't suffer having two jabs at the same time.

merlotgran Tue 19-Oct-21 13:38:59

Had my third Covid jab this morning and my 'flu' jab two weeks ago.

All boostered up! grin

Jaffacake2 Tue 19-Oct-21 13:33:55

Jealous of everyone who is having booster vaccines. Unfortunately I cannot have any more vaccines,including flu, as had an anaphylactic shock after the second one.Asthmatic so hoping to avoid getting covid virus.

Jillyjosie Tue 19-Oct-21 11:47:42

I had mine last Saturday, Pfizer this time. I had a sore arm later but no other side effects. Unlike the flu jab which knocked me out for 24 hours.