Gransnet forums

Health

Grade 4 rectal prolapse.

(615 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

soop Sat 20-Nov-21 16:45:20

Hello, I wonder if any one is suffering with this ailment. I am eighty. Have been treated at a variety of hospitals over a period of ten years. First surgery carried out in 2003. Am between a rock and a hard place. Can have a colostomy at a private BMI hospital for £25,000, or wait indefinitely on the NHS waiting list with no date for the foreseeable. Every day is a challenge. I appreciate that there are countless people far worse off than I am. I would however be most grateful of any first hand information that can help me to manage this dire situation. Thank you.

Aveline Tue 21-Dec-21 12:38:35

Lovely idea Aldom- lovely rose!

OnwardandUpward Tue 21-Dec-21 12:12:35

I am celebrating with you and for you Soop! grin I didn't ever chat to you before, but was aware of your positivity on the site and how much you're loved. I was happy to donate as I go on the "do as you would be done by" motto.

Wishing you all the best ! flowers

Aldom Tue 21-Dec-21 12:04:31

This rose is called New Dawn. Very appropriate at this time.

Aldom Tue 21-Dec-21 12:02:55

For Soop

Framilode Tue 21-Dec-21 11:51:54

Wonderful news. I am so pleased for you Soop.

shysal Tue 21-Dec-21 11:21:45

Wonderful news. You so deserve it Soop!

soop Tue 21-Dec-21 10:53:26

WOW! Bottoms up! wink wine

I am personally thanking every one who has helped us reach this happy day. Still in jim-jams and looking like a scare crow. Who cares.

I shall return a little later to bring you further up to date with the situation. You all deserve to be kept well informed. In the meantime, (((hugs))) galore and a massive THANK YOU. X

Daisytwoshoes Tue 21-Dec-21 09:51:07

So pleased for you Soop
Happy Christmas ?

GrannySomerset Tue 21-Dec-21 09:50:55

What a wonderful and heart warming story, reminding us of how good most people are. Fingers crossed that the next instalment is soon and successful.

Oopsadaisy1 Tue 21-Dec-21 09:17:07

Thanks to you Aveline
I didn’t go on this thread until I saw your other thread on Chat, if you hadn’t put a new thread on many, I’m sure, would have missed the opportunity to help dear Soop.

Aveline Tue 21-Dec-21 09:08:38

I'd hope the hospital would put together a package which would cover pre op, the op and post op appointments. We'll have to hope that they get back to Soop soon with more details.

Charleygirl5 Tue 21-Dec-21 08:56:58

Oopsadaisy I agree, especially as the the full amount is £25,000 and her family is rallying around. Also after surgery and discharge, there will be more consultant's fees.

Germanshepherdsmum Tue 21-Dec-21 08:52:41

It’s wonderful news and Aveline deserves a big round of applause for starting the second thread, without which I doubt we’d have got there so quickly.??????

Alygran Tue 21-Dec-21 08:47:50

Brilliant news to start the day. Happy Christmas ❤️☃️?

Oopsadaisy1 Tue 21-Dec-21 08:45:26

And it still isn’t too late to donate, there might be extra costs for soop and her family, post op.

Carry on giving……

Auntieflo Tue 21-Dec-21 08:44:48

I just had to look and see how the fund raising was doing.
Then, WOW, the target has been reached. What a wonderful start to the day, for Soop and her family, and all the Gransnetters who have been cheering her on to reach her goal.
As Gagagran said, it has put a big smile on my face as well, and I admit to feeling emotional as well.

Dickens Tue 21-Dec-21 08:37:41

... this is the happiest thread on GN at the moment.

Was feeling very 'bah humbug' about Christmas until I came (late) on this thread and realised I could do something meaningful and give instead of consume.

So happy for soop. What a relief for her to be given the chance of a better life.

The world seems a better place today.

TillyTrotter Tue 21-Dec-21 08:08:53

Wow soop and Mrsoop. It’s just wonderful to see the total this morning. Delighted for you. soop you are so deserving of this and oh, so loved by us all ?

dragonfly46 Tue 21-Dec-21 07:14:56

So happy for you soop it shows how loved you are!

Aldom Tue 21-Dec-21 07:07:27

Happy Christmas Soop. Such wonderful news. So happy for you both. shamrock

Aveline Tue 21-Dec-21 07:05:11

What a wonderful result Grans. What wonderful news to wake up to.
Happy Christmas Soop from the Santa Grans!

kittylester Tue 21-Dec-21 06:59:10

The end is in sight soop.

Ashcombe Tue 21-Dec-21 06:32:40

This is the first thread I looked at this morning; my DH and I are delighted to know the target has been reached! Best news! Good luck, dear Soop. ?

Susan56 Tue 21-Dec-21 06:30:47

Fantastic news to start the day with???
So pleased for you soop?

Gagagran Tue 21-Dec-21 06:16:06

What a great Christmas present for our dear Soop - and so deserved. Put a big smile on my face when I saw the news and suspect it will be there all day! grin