Gransnet forums

Health

Grade 4 rectal prolapse.

(615 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

soop Sat 20-Nov-21 16:45:20

Hello, I wonder if any one is suffering with this ailment. I am eighty. Have been treated at a variety of hospitals over a period of ten years. First surgery carried out in 2003. Am between a rock and a hard place. Can have a colostomy at a private BMI hospital for £25,000, or wait indefinitely on the NHS waiting list with no date for the foreseeable. Every day is a challenge. I appreciate that there are countless people far worse off than I am. I would however be most grateful of any first hand information that can help me to manage this dire situation. Thank you.

soop Sun 28-Nov-21 14:24:51

Two power cuts thus far. Hope that all will be well later today.

Germanshepherdsmum Sun 28-Nov-21 14:28:02

Hope you get the power back on soon and have a reasonably comfortable day soop.

soop Sun 28-Nov-21 17:06:10

Thank you x Yes, the power has been restored but the internet connection is "iffy". I hope to be able to bring you updated when our friend has called in to give us crowdfunding advice.

Sweet dreams, dear Gransnetters.

TillyTrotter Mon 29-Nov-21 08:21:59

I hope you were able to cook a good, warming meal soop and
MrSoop? Did Fern stay inside with you during the worst of the storm?

soop Mon 29-Nov-21 12:26:23

TillyTrotter Fern aka Sweetie Pie spent at least two hours on her utility room mat (with a very full tum), she then spent the remainder of the night in her apartment which now contains an extra blanket (and a dish of cat biscuits in case of sudden hunger pangs.) wink

Awaiting visit of friend to get the fundraising underway. Deep breath.

TillyTrotter Mon 29-Nov-21 13:09:16

Sweetie Pie will be very pleased you have all her needs covered soop. ?‍⬛
I have put a higher tog duvet on the bed today (and had to fight with it - aren’t they bulky?)
What is the betting a heatwave will arrive by the end of the week ?

soop Mon 29-Nov-21 17:00:36

Friend has called and taken away all information to date. We now await tomorrow's phone call. Patience needed in abundance. smile

Germanshepherdsmum Mon 29-Nov-21 17:04:33

How exciting soop! Everything crossed!

HebeGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 29-Nov-21 21:35:16

Evening, Soop (and others!)

We just wanted to pop in to wish you well, Soop, but - also some bad news, we're afraid.

We actually have a blanket ban on crowdfunding links on the site. It's to protect our users - especially the vulnerable - as we've had people here with crowd funders under false pretences before. We know Soop of old, of course, but it becomes very difficult to say no to some people and then yes to others and, unfortunately, we've had users be bitten before so we have to apply a blanket policy, we're afraid.

We’re not going to stop anyone talking about the fundraiser, and if you were to share a link privately, we'd know nothing about it wink, but we hope you can understand that we do have to be consistent in not allowing this on the boards. We're really sorry to disappoint on this.

If you could avoid sharing any links like that on the thread itself, that would be great. Best of luck with it all, Soop. flowers

Marydoll Mon 29-Nov-21 22:28:20

I'm sure we will find a way!

cornergran Tue 30-Nov-21 07:53:51

Exactly mary. Hoping for positive news soon.

Aveline Tue 30-Nov-21 08:38:10

We can proceed by PM. So I have.

Marydoll Tue 30-Nov-21 09:00:03

Aveline

We can proceed by PM. So I have.

So you have a note of the link, Aveline?

LauraNorderr Tue 30-Nov-21 09:09:21

How about getting your local newspaper to run a little story soop. They could publish the link and then you could tell us all the name of your local paper which we could all then google.
That would save you having to pm everyone who asked for the link which could turn in to a massive admin task.

Yiayia4 Tue 30-Nov-21 11:28:27

What about Facebook for people that use it.I think Soop does.

soop Tue 30-Nov-21 17:00:29

*HebeGranset(gnhq)

Thank you for your message. I fully understand why it is that I cannot use Gransnet to help with fund raising for the Colostomy. If any Gransnetter friends can continue to keep in touch by email, that may help. Although it is going to involve a lot of extra admin work.

We may need to scupper the crowdfunding way forward. Facebook alone will not help to raise all the funds needed.

I shall remain most grateful for the support of my Gransnet friends. Their kindness has lifted my ever flagging spirits.

Best wishes.

Susan56 Tue 30-Nov-21 17:07:35

I agree with Marydoll, we will find a way to share the crowdfunding link??so many people wanting to help you soop.We just need to put our thinking caps on and find a way to share the link with all your many gransnet friends?

Granniesunite Tue 30-Nov-21 17:09:40

soop I’m fairly new to gransnet but I just want to say how very sorry I am that your hopes have been flattened you have had such a difficult time and your dignity and resolve to continue to look for treatment is inspirational.
If anyone has the link can you send it to me please.

merlotgran Tue 30-Nov-21 17:11:07

Are PMs not allowed as a way of sharing the link?

merlotgran Tue 30-Nov-21 17:23:21

I was thinking we could share it the ‘chain mail’ way.

Soop sends the link to Marydoll for example, who forwards it to six members. The one at the top of the list wishes a Happy Christmas to six members on this thread and forwards the link to them. The second one does the same and also wishes a Happy Christmas to six more members and so on.

We just have to keep our own list of names who have received a Happy Christmas message so we don’t all send you know what to the same poster.

This way we’re all doing our own admin so no hassle for soop

soop Tue 30-Nov-21 17:28:11

Sue Granniesunitemerlotgran smile It's worth a try. After the pal has called tomorrow, I shall forward details to Marydoll Elegran and Baggs

soop Tue 30-Nov-21 17:28:58

I now feel less down in the dumps. Thank you XXX

Susan56 Tue 30-Nov-21 17:32:53

soop??????Power of the grans will sort it.x

Marydoll Tue 30-Nov-21 17:36:45

I'm up for it! ? # Soops Army!

Aveline Tue 30-Nov-21 17:39:44

Sounds like a plan.