Gransnet forums

Health

Grade 4 rectal prolapse.

(615 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

soop Sat 20-Nov-21 16:45:20

Hello, I wonder if any one is suffering with this ailment. I am eighty. Have been treated at a variety of hospitals over a period of ten years. First surgery carried out in 2003. Am between a rock and a hard place. Can have a colostomy at a private BMI hospital for £25,000, or wait indefinitely on the NHS waiting list with no date for the foreseeable. Every day is a challenge. I appreciate that there are countless people far worse off than I am. I would however be most grateful of any first hand information that can help me to manage this dire situation. Thank you.

Alygran Tue 21-Dec-21 08:47:50

Brilliant news to start the day. Happy Christmas ❤️☃️?

Germanshepherdsmum Tue 21-Dec-21 08:52:41

It’s wonderful news and Aveline deserves a big round of applause for starting the second thread, without which I doubt we’d have got there so quickly.??????

Charleygirl5 Tue 21-Dec-21 08:56:58

Oopsadaisy I agree, especially as the the full amount is £25,000 and her family is rallying around. Also after surgery and discharge, there will be more consultant's fees.

Aveline Tue 21-Dec-21 09:08:38

I'd hope the hospital would put together a package which would cover pre op, the op and post op appointments. We'll have to hope that they get back to Soop soon with more details.

Oopsadaisy1 Tue 21-Dec-21 09:17:07

Thanks to you Aveline
I didn’t go on this thread until I saw your other thread on Chat, if you hadn’t put a new thread on many, I’m sure, would have missed the opportunity to help dear Soop.

GrannySomerset Tue 21-Dec-21 09:50:55

What a wonderful and heart warming story, reminding us of how good most people are. Fingers crossed that the next instalment is soon and successful.

Daisytwoshoes Tue 21-Dec-21 09:51:07

So pleased for you Soop
Happy Christmas ?

soop Tue 21-Dec-21 10:53:26

WOW! Bottoms up! wink wine

I am personally thanking every one who has helped us reach this happy day. Still in jim-jams and looking like a scare crow. Who cares.

I shall return a little later to bring you further up to date with the situation. You all deserve to be kept well informed. In the meantime, (((hugs))) galore and a massive THANK YOU. X

shysal Tue 21-Dec-21 11:21:45

Wonderful news. You so deserve it Soop!

Framilode Tue 21-Dec-21 11:51:54

Wonderful news. I am so pleased for you Soop.

Aldom Tue 21-Dec-21 12:02:55

For Soop

Aldom Tue 21-Dec-21 12:04:31

This rose is called New Dawn. Very appropriate at this time.

OnwardandUpward Tue 21-Dec-21 12:12:35

I am celebrating with you and for you Soop! grin I didn't ever chat to you before, but was aware of your positivity on the site and how much you're loved. I was happy to donate as I go on the "do as you would be done by" motto.

Wishing you all the best ! flowers

Aveline Tue 21-Dec-21 12:38:35

Lovely idea Aldom- lovely rose!

soop Tue 21-Dec-21 15:01:48

Aldom New Dawn it most certainly is. The rose is perfect. Thank you. x

OnwardandUpward Your name will continue to inspire me. smile

Welcome Framilode and Daisytwoshoes and Oopsadaisy. flowers There are many new names and I wish that instead of names on a page, we could all gather in person and party. Now, that would be dream come true.

OnwardandUpward Tue 21-Dec-21 15:03:32

Thanks Soop, that's wonderful grin

Can I ask, what inspired yours? Is it because you make a good soup?! flowers

soop Tue 21-Dec-21 15:08:53

Marydoll You are shining star. I was asleep at that historic moment. Tut! I'm holding you to your threat promise to visit me in Ross Hall. Have you a hip flask? only joking. hmm

Dickens Auntieflo Ashcombe Whitewavemark2 V3ra WELCOME and please know that you are all super special people.

soop Tue 21-Dec-21 15:17:25

Welcome dear Redhead56 BlueBalou and other lovely Gransnetters that I haven't managed to catch up with yet. It isn't because I do not care or take you for granted, that could not be further from the truth.

Aveline Tue 21-Dec-21 17:09:30

We'll all come and visit you at the hospital Soop. Will probably have to arrange a fleet of buses to take us all as well as a special train. Brace yourself!!

V3ra Tue 21-Dec-21 23:57:01

soop it's been my pleasure, and a privilege, to be able to take part in your fundraiser ?

soop Wed 22-Dec-21 10:46:51

I'm well-braced. We'll have a Gransnetter private party. No-one will notice. shock wink Room service will be 5*.

Redhead56 Wed 22-Dec-21 17:54:24

I wish you a full recovery and glad I could contribute to the fund. ?

Oopsadaisy1 Wed 22-Dec-21 22:03:38

We will have to have a Zoom meeting?

We are all so pleased to have helped your fund reach its target and wish you well.

soop Thu 23-Dec-21 09:10:14

I don't 'alf love you lot. grin flowers wine cupcake and all manner of good things. x

Auntieflo Sun 23-Jan-22 15:03:48

Thank you to Mr Soop, who has given an updated report.
Everything crossed that Soop's operation will go ahead ASAP.
I saw that the funding is still increasing. Well done.