Gransnet forums

Health

Feeling scared and unwell

(44 Posts)
Alypoole Thu 01-Sep-22 21:02:15

After an ultrasound scan, CT Colonography and MRI scan I was told I had a hiatus hernia and gastritis. I have found all the 'ozole' tablets have not helped at all but still suffer with indigestion and my stomach is really noisy. I'm now feeling quite unwell. Tired, weak and shaky. I spoke to the doctor earlier and I'm having new blood tests tomorrow. I feel so scared it's something awful. I just wish I coped better but I don't.

MissAdventure Fri 02-Sep-22 13:47:37

Are you anaemic, alypoole?
You've had blood tests today haven't you?

Alypoole Fri 02-Sep-22 13:57:38

Yes I had them earlier so no results yet. That's what I'm afraid of. The doctor mentioned anaemia when I described how I felt. Tired, weak, shaky lots of palpitations. I'm lying down now and that's not me.

icanhandthemback Fri 02-Sep-22 14:13:04

Alypoole

Yes I had them earlier so no results yet. That's what I'm afraid of. The doctor mentioned anaemia when I described how I felt. Tired, weak, shaky lots of palpitations. I'm lying down now and that's not me.

You may need vitamin B12 or something like that which would put you right and wouldn't be something really horrible so try not to worry too much. It does sound as if it is unlikely to be anything too terrible as you have been so thoroughly checked out.
Your symptoms above could be from anxiety too or if you aren't eating enough maybe your blood sugars are dropping low.
I have a hiatus hernia too and GORD. I know exactly what you mean with the hollow feeling but it makes me feel hungry as I am always trying to get rid of the feeling. I get spasms too which make me feel like I am having a heart attack. I felt so stupid being blue lighted to A&E the first time it happened only to be told it was a digestive system problem.
It sounds like you are getting good care so if there is something amiss it should be found. Maybe try some relaxation exercises to try reduce the anxiety.
I hope you feel better soon.

Jaxjacky Fri 02-Sep-22 14:59:05

Anxiety is exhausting Alypoole and would explain your current symptoms, please talk to someone at your surgery if you possibly can.

Alypoole Fri 02-Sep-22 17:40:40

I spoke to the doctor yesterday and he organised an urgent blood test. I'm trying to remain level headed but there seems to be so many things that could indicate something serious. It's silly but whatever anyone says won't make any difference but all your positive comments help so much. Thank you x

Blossoming Sat 03-Sep-22 14:10:03

How are you feeling today Alypoole?

Alypoole Sat 03-Sep-22 16:39:26

Actually not as exhausted as I have been. Trying hard to be positive and hoping it is straightforward anaemia??? Thank you SO MUCH for your concern........ it really helps x

Blossoming Sat 03-Sep-22 16:48:45

Glad you’re feeling better, getting a diagnosis can take a little while with all the tests but you’re on the right path.

Juliet27 Sat 03-Sep-22 16:57:55

MissAdventure

It's like the who's who of hernias in here!
Sliders, rollers, you name 'em, we've got 'em!

Mine’s an inguinal hernia ? Anyone else got one of those?

Septimia Sat 03-Sep-22 17:03:20

I haven't had a hiatus hernia officially diagnosed, but I'm pretty sure that's what I've had, together with acid reflux. I've had omeprazole in the past, but not for this.

I feel much worse if I eat too much tomato or citrus fruit, or drink the juice. I find I can manage a little without feeling too bad. Wine and spicy food aren't good either. Perhaps it would be worthwhile for you see if anything you eat/drink makes you feel worse so that you can avoid it.

Alypoole Tue 06-Sep-22 15:50:25

Blood tests are normal. Wahay! Why do I feel like this then? Shaky, tired, weak.

icanhandthemback Tue 06-Sep-22 17:05:12

Alypoole

Blood tests are normal. Wahay! Why do I feel like this then? Shaky, tired, weak.

You don't have Covid do you? The Omicron strain doing the rounds can make you feel like that, so I read the other day.

Alypoole Wed 07-Sep-22 21:50:36

Just took a test. No, not Covid. Baffled.

V3ra Wed 07-Sep-22 22:19:59

I find good peppermint oil capsules are very effective for stomach problems. Even my husband and Dad agree now, once I persuaded them to try some.
I get mine online from Healthspan.

Afr66 Mon 30-Oct-23 07:47:56

Have a suspected umbilical hernia and just need some advice about how to deal with them and the op procedure. Feeling very anxious and uncomfortable, any advice please.

Franbern Mon 30-Oct-23 08:54:50

Alypoole have a look at what you eat. Are you getting enough salt? Sodium deficiency can give the weakness and shakiness that you report. We have all been told t cut our salt intake, sadly for many this is ausing deficiency.

Georgesgran Mon 30-Oct-23 09:00:56

Is it possible that your health anxiety is causing you to feel shaky, etc, especially if your brain is working overtime as you continue to worry about things?
Perhaps a chat with your surgery and some short terms meds might help?

HelterSkelter1 Sun 05-Nov-23 04:02:10

Alypoole started this thread more than a year ago. I wonder how she got on and what the diagnosis and treatment was.