Gransnet forums

Health

Black DOG 13

(1001 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

Anniebach Sun 18-Sep-22 15:04:41

Content warning - this thread discusses suicidal feelings. This Thread is for support, understanding and sharing of
all mental health problems

Sweetpeasue Fri 23-Sep-22 21:19:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sweetpeasue Fri 23-Sep-22 21:21:15

Sweetpeasue Fri 23-Sep-22 21:26:28

Doodle Fri 23-Sep-22 22:00:27

I’m here Sweetpeasue and the others are thinking of you. Even if you feel alone we are thinking of you. We might not post all the time but we are here.
I’m so sorry you have become so distraught tonight, maybe your meltdown was what you needed to let some of the stress out. I’m glad you talked to the Crisis people. I hope you get more help. You may not think it now but you do have a lot to live for. Your husband and your family. They need you.
You’re the second person I’ve had this conversation with in the last month. She pulled through but still needs help. There are others out there who feel just as you do now. You are not alone. Sending you a big hug. How are you feeling now? x

HowVeryDareYou Fri 23-Sep-22 22:07:10

SweetPeaSue I'm so sorry you have reached this point. You must speak to some professionals about your thoughts of wishing you were dead. You would NOT be better off being dead. Your husband and family need you and want you to get better. When you feel better physically, your mind will be better too. You need some help, and I hope you get it, but just remember that we on BD all wish you well xx

Sweetpeasue Fri 23-Sep-22 22:09:37

Sweetpeasue Fri 23-Sep-22 22:10:24

Sweetpeasue Fri 23-Sep-22 22:11:47

Doodle Fri 23-Sep-22 22:11:53

Scaredycat thank you for thinking of us and lighting. Candle for us all. I hope your holiday is going well. The fishing port sounds fun. Have a good time.
Violetsky sorry to hear you’re not feeling well. Sometimes these coughs take some shifting. Try not to worry about the training over the weekend. I’m sure you will be fine. On most of these things everyone is a bit nervous but you’ll soon get to know the others. Don’t forget just smile……it’s worth a thousand words.
Kind and thoughtful posts from everyone.
Take care all

Sweetpeasue Fri 23-Sep-22 22:13:51

Sweetpeasue Fri 23-Sep-22 22:16:34

Sweetpeasue Fri 23-Sep-22 22:17:16

Doodle Fri 23-Sep-22 22:17:20

We are here Sweetpeasue something has happened to push you over the edge. Other threads are not worth worrying about. People often say things they don’t mean or are unkind. Don’t take it to heart it’s not worth it, the people that matter are your friends and family. You are feeling this way because you are very low.

Doodle Fri 23-Sep-22 22:18:38

Phone Crisis again or the Samaritans. Speak to someone who can try and help. x

Sweetpeasue Fri 23-Sep-22 22:24:16

Wyllow3 Fri 23-Sep-22 22:25:57

What Doodle says *Sweetpeasue".

I hear you: but we aren't trained to know what might be the right thing to help.

Sweetpeasue Fri 23-Sep-22 22:27:29

Sweetpeasue Fri 23-Sep-22 22:28:15

Doodle Fri 23-Sep-22 22:29:32

I don’t think you’re self pitying I think you are in genuine pain. None of us can know how bad it is but I know it hasn’t been easy for you. Please phone Crisis again if you don’t feel any better. x

Doodle Fri 23-Sep-22 22:30:28

Your husband needs you. Don’t forget what you have together is worth a great deal.

Sweetpeasue Fri 23-Sep-22 22:31:00

Sweetpeasue Fri 23-Sep-22 22:33:19

VioletSky Fri 23-Sep-22 22:35:42

Sweetpeasue

Hold on

I've had a breakdown, it is not the end of everything it's the beginning. Time to get yourself the right help and rebuild your life.

Just hold on, you will get through this

LilyGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 23-Sep-22 22:38:15

Sweetpeasue

I really feel like I'm having a breakdown. I'm just not right, I can't stop crying. I really feel I'd be better off dead and its not coming from self pit I assure you. Please ignore me. I feel so raw.

​​​We are really sorry to hear you are feeling this way.

We hope you don't mind, but when these posts are flagged up to us we usually add a link to our Mental Health resources.

You can also go to the Samaritans website, or email them on [email protected]. Support from other Gransnetters is great and we really hope you will be able to take some comfort from your fellow posters, but as other userswill tell you, it's really a good idea to seek RL help and support as well.

Love and best wishes
Lily GNHQ ​

Doodle Fri 23-Sep-22 22:42:16

Sweetpeasue listen to Violetsky and Lily. You need support from the Samaritans or Crisis. Try phoning again please x

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion