Gransnet forums

Health

Alternative Therapies

(53 Posts)
overthehill Mon 01-May-23 19:32:21

How do you feel about alternative therapies?
I personally have an interest in all things alternative and are quite happy to try things providing they won't do harm if they don't do any good.
One of the most successful things we tried was on my husband's leg where a patch of psoriasis was getting bigger and bigger. I soaked a pad of cotton wool in apple cider vinegar and kept it on for one day, within about 3 weeks it had completely healed up.
Some time back I ricked my ankle which by the evening was absolutely killing me. After a sleepless might I massaged castor oil into 3 times that day and without a word of a lie, the next day the pain had completely gone.

Foxygloves Sun 07-May-23 09:04:51

Caleo

I am healthily sceptical and was so when an inexplicable event with one alternative therapist took place. I'll not tell what it was as the story should be in the ghost thread, although the event was not a ghost but otherwise decidedly paranormal.

Like you, I am sceptical. However some years ago I had hurt my shoulder/collar bone quite badly when I slipped in the kitchen and dived(?) headfirst into the edge of an open door.
I was at a parish function a little while later and saw a parishioner holding her hand on our rector’s wife bandaged ankle which she was resting on a footstool. Being curious I asked what was going on. “Oh I’m a healer” was the reply, hmm
So I admitted my scepticism but told her about my shoulder and she offered her help, laying her hand on the area which hurt. Her hand felt incredibly hot - unnaturally so - and she left it there several minutes.
Now I do not believe in this mumbo jumbo and it was certainly not autosuggestion, but by the next morning the pain had gone and never returned.

Caleo Mon 08-May-23 09:35:19

Foxygloves, the paranormal event that happened to me was in one respect the same as yours. Both events involved heat apparently coming from the healer's hand. What also signifies paranormal is that neither you nor I in any way anticipated paranormal activity.