I never have an undisturbed night. It ranges from waking a few times a night to go to the loo to not sleeping a wink all night. It may be an age thing (I am 74). The very bad nights happen about once every 10 days but sometimes I have 2 or 3 bad nights in a row, which is a killer. I can't track any particular cause. I follow all the advice I can find online. I have tried different sleeping aids. Over the counter ones have no effect. Some my doc prescribed
For most of my adult life I’ve haven’t slept well while DH slept like a log every night. A few weeks ago I stopped having caffeine after 11am or even earlier and my sleeping has completely changed. I always finished drinking tea by 5 pm and thought that was enough. I have two small cans of Fevertree tonic a day without gin lol and that keeps night leg cramps at bay. I’m old and think why didn’t I do this years ago. I’m partial to one Diet Coke a day but I’ve knocked that on the head as it has caffeine in. I feel stupid that it’s taking me so long for it to click. I’m in sleep heaven. I still wake around three for a few minutes but now my brain doesn’t go into overdrive.