With damage to hearing from nerve damage in left ear in last few years I struggled with hearing those female presenters that present YouTube channels in a soft voice and don't do subtitles. I've asked them to amend their voices and/or put up subtitles and they never do. So I've just been boycotting them.
But I could do with a couple of YouTube channels by those girly-voiced women to check my hearing now. I think it's getting better and want to monitor the situation.
I'm currently having a course of treatment with an acupuncturist and my main concern is heartburn (which I've been getting daily for weeks now - grr). But I said to her last time - "Wonder if it can sort nerve damage in one ear?" and she duly added a bit for that and I have a suspicion my hearing is a bit better from that already. I have checked with an audiologist who was pretty good (much better than those pretty useless ones I saw at another place) and he was quite specific it is nerve damage that is causing the issue and not ageing.
I've got a couple more visits lined-up with her anyway - so will ask for the "ear points" to be done too. I've put the volume down noticeably on YouTube videos since my last visit - and would like to know of a couple of girlie-voice videos without subtitles - so I can monitor. I obviously binned the lot of the girlies when I thought "If they can't be bothered - then nor can I" and so have forgotten who they were.
So - any recommendations for soft/wispy voice girlie presenters on YouTube - for hearing test purposes please...
Gransnet forums
Health
Join the conversation
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »
