Gransnet forums

Health

What age did you reach your current height?

(61 Posts)
CrazyUSA Mon 20-Jul-26 11:50:04

I would I have been this height since I was 16/17.

Bukkie Fri 24-Jul-26 18:35:32

12/13. I was 5ft 1 then and although I didn't expect to be tall because my family aren't I hoped to be a couple of inches taller.

pen50 Fri 24-Jul-26 18:31:56

As a child I was quite tall for my age but stopped growing when I was 14. Went to boarding school and probably didn't get quite enough food due to picky eating.

GrauntyHelen Fri 24-Jul-26 02:05:23

9

lemsip Thu 23-Jul-26 13:33:14

I was 5ft 4 age 16 but now in seventies only 5ft3 I've shrunk!

Hatcham Thu 23-Jul-26 13:31:38

I was 5'6" when I was eleven. I grew another 3.5 inches and was 5'9.5" when I was seventeen

5geecees Thu 23-Jul-26 13:28:43

Why does an ordinary question have to be for "gathering information?" It's more likely just a thought that crossed someone's mind for some reason and s/he wondered if others had similar recollections. My understanding of Gransnet is for chat and sometimes help or support, nothing sinister at all.

Abcdefg Thu 23-Jul-26 06:30:09

13, I am now 73 and still 5 feet 6 inches

FranP Thu 23-Jul-26 00:24:58

Age 10.5

Primary school netball champ at 5ft 7

We had those double desks with the flip up seats and the brought one down from the secondary school for me and a 12 year old lad who had been held back by illness. I lost my big seat when another lad had a growth spurt and I was squashed into a smaller one for six months

RSALLAN2002 Wed 22-Jul-26 23:03:20

I'm more interested in when I"ll reach my maximum circumference. My friend next door was taller than me when I was young. I heard today that Napoleon wasn't short as widely believed, but of average stature. I don't mind being short because I'm good looking. The Dutch are the tallest people in the world so that they can see over the dykes.

Dreadwitch Wed 22-Jul-26 20:52:15

About 8 or 9. I was always the tallest kid until suddenly I wasn't and all the other kids kept growing. I've been 4ft 9 since.

Retroladytyping Wed 22-Jul-26 17:54:04

Luckygirl3

I reached my max height at about 11 and towered over my peers. They gradually caught up. I am now losing height.

Me too - 5ft 6ins with size 7 feet. My mum was worried I was going to keep growing but I just seemed to stop! Now I'm an inch shorter but with size 8 feet.

Lemonred Wed 22-Jul-26 17:14:02

At 14, I’m 5’8”, or I was lol.
More like 5’7” now. I was a tall child, towered over my friends. Lots of pictures of me head an shoulders above everyone else. My friends were riding ponies, and I was riding hunters. I looked ridiculous on ponies, my Father said I could model for Thelwell. 😁

ExaltedWombat Wed 22-Jul-26 16:34:11

First or second time round?

Olderthanidlike Wed 22-Jul-26 15:11:22

12. Started my periods at 11 .

Polly4t42 Wed 22-Jul-26 15:07:23

I reached 5foot 6 inches at 12 yrs old and stayed that way until today I’m now 72 yrs. luckily the boys eventually caught up and passed me.

JenniRen Wed 22-Jul-26 15:02:33

About 80.

I used to be taller.

cookiemonster66 Wed 22-Jul-26 14:53:45

I have always been 5ft 8" since my teens, am 60 now BUT a couple of years ago I lost 3 inches in the space of a couple of yrs, I did have a dexa scan, but also have had 2 x knee replacements, so somewhere I have lost 3 inches, annoyed because it has affected my BMI and all my maxi dresses are too long now

Alison333 Wed 22-Jul-26 14:31:47

At the age of 11, I was the tallest girl in my primary school. 5ft 6ins and that's where I stayed until recently when I think I'm starting to shrink!

Grandmotherto8 Wed 22-Jul-26 14:13:03

5'7" by about 17, since my 60's I've been shrinking, currently 5'4". I don't like it!

Siptree Wed 22-Jul-26 14:01:50

I remember because we were measured at school and at 14 it was quite remarked on often that I was very tall. When we were measured I was 5'10"& 1/2" I am still the same.

missdeke Wed 22-Jul-26 13:58:00

I was 5 ft 5 and a half at 16, I'm now 5 ft 3 inches, I've had 2 hip replacements and I've got shorter each time.

LucyAnna5 Wed 22-Jul-26 13:52:21

I’m not taking exception to the question - I’m just curious as to why someone should be interested in the answers! So why am I on the thread?! It’s really hot here and I’m stuck indoors……

Nannan2 Wed 22-Jul-26 13:51:35

WTH???

Lupatria Wed 22-Jul-26 13:49:51

when i was 11 i was as wide as i was tall but a year later I was the tallest in my class. not sure when I attained my 5'10" (my sister was 6'0" and my brother 6'4") but i was in my late 60s when I found I'd lost over an inch
i've no idea how tall I am now as they measure in centimetres and i need my conversion app on my phone to work it out! same with my weight.

hamster58 Wed 22-Jul-26 13:48:30

I don’t know the answer to the question, but I’m more baffled why some people seem to take exception to it. Surely we’re just chatting and the original person is just curious? It’s not an intensely personal question and no big deal to answer if we know and want to join in?…..