About a year ago I decided to pull myself together and improve my health and fitness. I have high blood pressure, chronic kidney disease, diverticulitis, bursitis, was pre diabetic and classed as obese.
I have cut out highly processed food, red meat, refined sugar, carbs and concentrate on protein and fibre, lots of vegetables and fruit. My one vice is I still have a couple of glasses of wine a week. Also, like today, I will go out eat sometimes have what I want but try and choose wisely.
I take vitamin D, omega three supplements, B12 (I was diagnosed as very low) and turmeric- which I now swear by has eased arthritis and bursitis pain.
I swim 3 times a week, go to aquacise twice a week and lift weights for 20 minutes most days.
I have lost 2 stone, half a stone until I am a healthy weight. I am not now pre diabetic, blood pressure and cholesterol has come down. I feel so much better.
The struggle is to now maintain the enthusiasm to keep it up.