Granonthemove
I’ve read the posts about husbands with diagnosed Alzheimer’s/ Dementia but my concern is how do you get your husband to agree to see a doctor? Mine has increasingly alarming loss of short term memory and he knows it. If by chance I say something like “ I told you that yesterday “ there can be an explosion of anger based in his own frustration at lack of memory. He refuses to have a hearing test and that’s another issue and likes to set himself apart reading the paper or books. His siblings are also reclusive. I am noticing this more and more, worrying about it but can’t see how to get him to get help, without him getting angry. Any advice gratefully received.
Have patience with him, he can;'t remember, so you saying you told him yesterday is of no use, he can't remember. Repeating as if it was first time you told him is the only way, confrontations is a definite no no. Turn the table and think what is it was me, that remembers very little, it is hard to live with for both of you, but to make it bearable you need to go along with him and just repeat and agree. Then do what needs doing regardless, so much easier for you both believe me as hard as it is.