Gransnet forums

Health

Sad news

(56 Posts)
NanKate Fri 31-Jul-26 15:40:56

This morning I had a text from the son of Jen (Iโ€™m not sure what her GN name was) to say she had died early this morning after a brief stay in hospital.

You may remember her from the advice she gave on alternative medicine.

She had a love of cats and said that when her time came her son would look after her small cat.

RIP Jen ๐Ÿ’

TerriBull Fri 31-Jul-26 17:05:35

Oh I'm so sorry to read this. I knew Sparklefizz as an avid contributor to the 50 books thread. She did mention some health issues. I shall miss her presence.

RIP Sparklefizz condolences to her family if they're able to access GN flowers

NanKate Fri 31-Jul-26 17:05:45

Her granddaughter lived abroad and was married with a small baby.

TerriBull Fri 31-Jul-26 17:09:56

I'm very sad, we get used to our regulars. I shall miss her.

Sweetpeasue Fri 31-Jul-26 17:11:30

This is such sad news. We used to share PMs at one time and she had a number of illnesses.
Yes, indeed she always started the Strictly dancing threads- she absutely loved the dancing, and her cats so much.

A brave lady who bore with severe ME for many years. RIP brave Jen.

sparkle1234 Fri 31-Jul-26 17:21:27

May you RIP and Sparkle and Fizz for all eternity . I loved reading SparkleFizz comments on hear. She will be missed , she was a great contributor . Love from a fellow Sparkle without the Fizz thanksthanks

sparkle1234 Fri 31-Jul-26 17:22:14

Here , not hear !

Sweetpeasue Fri 31-Jul-26 17:26:25

sparkle1234 What a lovely post.
I'll second that.๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’

rafichagran Fri 31-Jul-26 17:27:13

Yes I remember her from the Strickly threads. Sorry to hear this. RIPflowers

cornergran Fri 31-Jul-26 17:47:39

Sad news. RIP sparklefizz. Condolences to the family.

Smileless2012 Fri 31-Jul-26 17:53:07

So sorry to hear about Sparklefizz RIP flowers.

Calendargirl Fri 31-Jul-26 17:58:05

Oh, I always associate Sparklefizz with the Strictly threads, which she often started up.

Saddened to hear this, RIP.

Thoughtful of her family to update GN.

Bukkie Fri 31-Jul-26 18:36:53

I remember the name Sparklefizz because I always thought it was a great username. Condolences to her family and friends.

Charleygirl5 Fri 31-Jul-26 18:42:28

I remember Sparklefizz Sorry to hear she has died but decent of her son to get in touch. Her poor cat will miss her.

Greyduster Fri 31-Jul-26 18:51:32

I remember her as a long-standing member. Always sad when we lose one of our number. RIP, Sparklefizz๐Ÿ’.

NanKate Fri 31-Jul-26 19:11:32

Just spoken to Simon, Jenโ€™s son, and sent condolences from all of us on Gransnet, he was very touched by that.

You will be missed Jen ๐Ÿ’

Casdon Fri 31-Jul-26 19:14:59

Very sad news, every time I think of Sparklefizz, I think of โ€˜keep dancingโ€™, she will be missed.

MT62 Fri 31-Jul-26 21:52:28

sparkle1234

Here , not hear !

Ahh you are the other sparkle!

luluaugust Fri 31-Jul-26 21:53:48

RIP Sparklefizz I also remember her Strictly posts

crazyH Fri 31-Jul-26 21:56:02

R.I.P. Sparklefizz - Iโ€™m sure was on here last week or the week before. How sad ๐Ÿฅฒ

Georgesgran Fri 31-Jul-26 22:16:31

Sad news, RIP Sparklefizz.

Primrose53 Sat 01-Aug-26 08:44:48

Very sad news. I just found a PM from her from last September when she was waiting to go to hospital and not feeling well. It was a lovely message regarding News and Politics and agreeing with my comments and saying she had also stuck her head above the parapet too! I sincerely hope she is now at peace.

Magenta8 Sat 01-Aug-26 08:48:12

RIPthanks

Marydoll Sat 01-Aug-26 08:49:53

My condolences to her family. RIP. ๐Ÿ’

Whiff Sat 01-Aug-26 10:12:53

I remember her . It was very kind of her son to let you know NanKate and thank you for letting us know. Sending condolences to her family . I hope she didn't suffer. Always sad when a GN member dies but kind that families through other GN members let everyone know or in some cases family members have come on GN to tell us. ๐Ÿ’

sparkle1234 Sat 01-Aug-26 15:10:01

Sweetpeasue Thankyou and hello ๐Ÿ‘‹. Whenever I read a post from SparkleFizz I imagined a bubbly , effervescent lady full of life and joy whose cup always flowed over despite her ailments . Let's all raise a glass of fizz to her . thanks