Witzend
Canāt say Iām surprised. A friend of ours, no longer with us, used to stockpile so many items - more than once I counted over 60 piled up in his bathroom. More than once they were all thrown away by a visiting ex-nurse friend. TBH they were mostly items that he could have bought in a supermarket or over a pharmacy counter.
The irony is, he was extremely tight, so if heād had to pay even Ā£2-3 per item, heād never have accepted so many items he didnāt need.
When he died he left over £1m cash*, and 2 houses paid off.
*which I do know, since dh was a co-executor.
Blinking heck š³ no wonder he had a good bank account.
I once had bad indigestion, my mil, told me that say āElsieā next door had ten bottles of gaviscon, to knock on her door & ask for a bottle.
She literally gave me a teaspoon full.
She was another who left a good bank book I believe.