Gransnet forums

Health

RSI vaccinations

(32 Posts)
nanna8 Sat 05-Sept-26 01:31:32

I recently had one of these, as did my husband. Both of us had quite bad reactions and felt ill and feverish all night on the night afterwards. I don’t usually react to vaccinations and even the dreaded double shingles one didn’t bother me much. I spoke to a friend who also said it was one of the worst reactions he had ever had. Anyone else experience this ? Should they warn people ?

M0nica Sat 05-Sept-26 22:45:46

Flu, RSV, COVID et al can be fatal. Fatalities are most common among vulnerable groups - and that includes older people. especially those with health problems.

Is it worth sinking the ship for a ha'porth of tar?

Franbern Sun 06-Sept-26 08:44:04

When I was given the RSV jab, nurse said that I may get a bit of a sore arm, etc. In fact, absolutely nothing. I totally forgot that I had received this jab. No tiredness (my usual 24 hour response to vaccinations), no sore arm, nothing at all.

BUT, as each winter I dread the idea that I may contract bronchitus which knocks me out for three to four weeks, I feel much happier having had this jab.

We are so fortunate that NHS provides these protections for us. Cannot understand those who refuse to have them!! Do they also refuse to have treatment when they actually become ill with these preventable illnesses??

Basgetti Sun 06-Sept-26 11:59:45

I expect your reaction to RSV would be much worse.
Hope you’re feeling better now.

25Avalon Sun 06-Sept-26 12:32:22

Quite a few have posted on my local Nextdoor that they have had an adverse reaction.

Basgetti Sun 06-Sept-26 12:33:16

As they’d probably have to RSV 🤷‍♀️

watermeadow Sun 06-Sept-26 15:29:33

I had this jab years ago and was told you never need another.
I know there is a newer improved shingles jab which needs 2 doses but you can’t have that if you had the old one even though your immunity has probably worn off.