Gransnet forums

Health

Need help please it’s my boobs!

(28 Posts)
Msdaisy Sat 12-Sept-26 23:18:33

I am 66 and following a full hysterectomy I was encouraged to use oestrogen only hrt patches. I’ve had no problems with these I’ve had lots energy, gen health good. However over the period of about a year my bosoms have increased two cup sizes. I’m not otherwise overweight but do try to exercise most days by walking or swimming but my bust size is not reducing. Is this normal side effect of evorel50?is anyone else experiencing this please ?

Wyllow3 Sat 12-Sept-26 23:21:58

Just go to the weights room to keep them in place as long as possible....Msdaisy 🙂 (Pecs exercises machine the muscles that keep em from descending too rapidly)

MT62 Sun 13-Sept-26 01:04:24

Do you also need a little testosterone?

Retread Sun 13-Sept-26 08:52:14

Msdaisy HRT gave me porn star boobs too! And really painful breasts. I no longer take it, so sorry I can't help you further.

MarieElla Sun 13-Sept-26 08:58:36

My breasts increased in size on HRT. I don't like them, but then recently, when they became uncomfortable I reduced my estrogel from 4 pumps to 3. My breasts no longer feel uncomfortable but I am worried that some symptoms will return.
I'm 62, btw, and have been on HRT in various deliveries for about 8 years.

eddiecat78 Sun 13-Sept-26 09:16:28

Is this for real? Does anyone call their breasts "bosoms" anymore?!

Wyllow3 Sun 13-Sept-26 09:36:20

Well I don't personally but use the word in literary or light hearted allusions. I think it's rather a nice sort of womanly word. and it's often to indicate "comfortably large sized".

Wyllow3 Sun 13-Sept-26 09:37:04

As in for a small child to rest on or cuddle-worth.

labazs Sun 13-Sept-26 09:40:37

well mine have always been ample but thinking about it i guess they have increased. i tend to wear sports type bras now but at one time i had been touching G cup mine now have gone from xl to xxl or xxxl
my daughters always said as they are flat chested i have their boobs too

Msdaisy Sun 13-Sept-26 09:44:01

Oh I didn’t realise at 66 I don’t like calling them boobs really so bosoms just seems ok apologies if this is not the word to use these days 🤭

Msdaisy Sun 13-Sept-26 09:47:53

Thank you Marieella I think I’m going to talk to my gp and get the dosage reduced. However as you say will I get any negative symptoms. I know in the scheme of things having bigger boobs isn’t the worst problem to have but I’m quite self conscious about them. I find I no longer enjoy wearing clothes like I used to as they are so unflattering.

MarieElla Sun 13-Sept-26 09:57:19

I feel the same Msdaisy.
I look top heavy.
My boobs are too big for my frame.
The advantage of using gel over a patch is that you can reduce or increase accurately.

crazyH Sun 13-Sept-26 09:58:45

I wish I had larger boobs 😂

Harris27 Sun 13-Sept-26 10:05:35

Crazy h you don’t!

Wyllow3 Sun 13-Sept-26 10:39:38

Go bosoms go 😉
I dont use boobs personally and use breasts.
But there isn't much of either here, but it has the advantage of less drop-age.

aonk Sun 13-Sept-26 11:26:37

Please don’t apologise for using the word “bosoms.” I can think of far worse!

Witzend Sun 13-Sept-26 11:46:54

eddiecat78

Is this for real? Does anyone call their breasts "bosoms" anymore?!

A bit old fashioned now, but a perfectly good word.

At around 14, I was skinny and uncomfortably aware that my 32AA development was a lot less bountiful than that of most of my schoolfriends,

So while babysitting a neighbour’s sons (maybe 9 and 11 and a real pair of bruisers) I was perversely delighted when the elder suddenly stared at me and said, ‘Hey! You’ve got bosoms!’ 😂

They were hardly very obviously on show - decorously hidden under a green cable stitch jumper knitted by my DM. made big enough to grow into! (Funny how I remember that too, but it was one of the precious few things that wasn’t a hand me down from my elder sister or my cousins.)

Fara56 Sun 13-Sept-26 14:13:13

Not on HRT but possibly aging may be a factor too. I’ve definitely increased a cup size this last year tho I eat sensibly and do cardio exercise and Pilates.

Aely Sun 13-Sept-26 14:19:38

Glad I'm not on HRT! (Luckily, I didn't seem to have much of a problem after menopause). My boobs, breasts, bosom are/is quite large enough without adding to it.

I hope an adjustment of the dose does the trick for you.

Bosom, not to be confused with besom, which is a Witches broom.

MarieElla Sun 13-Sept-26 16:36:39

I'm pleased I'm on HRT for many reasons especially the improvement of my sleep. Hair and nails are stronger and my bones and heart are protected.
Beats taking lots of supplements.
PS ; my husband loves my big boob's!

suelld Mon 14-Sept-26 13:56:05

Msdaisy

I am 66 and following a full hysterectomy I was encouraged to use oestrogen only hrt patches. I’ve had no problems with these I’ve had lots energy, gen health good. However over the period of about a year my bosoms have increased two cup sizes. I’m not otherwise overweight but do try to exercise most days by walking or swimming but my bust size is not reducing. Is this normal side effect of evorel50?is anyone else experiencing this please ?

I’d be delighted if that happened!

mrsgreenfingers56 Mon 14-Sept-26 14:10:41

Just be pleased you have two, I would love two again but after mastectomy only one. Never offered reconstruction and not going down that line at my age, the important thing is I am alive and well but miss my other boob. Make the most of being very feminine.

Labradora Mon 14-Sept-26 15:20:29

aonk

Please don’t apologise for using the word “bosoms.” I can think of far worse!

Quite 😊😊

win Mon 14-Sept-26 18:39:04

Msdaisy

I am 66 and following a full hysterectomy I was encouraged to use oestrogen only hrt patches. I’ve had no problems with these I’ve had lots energy, gen health good. However over the period of about a year my bosoms have increased two cup sizes. I’m not otherwise overweight but do try to exercise most days by walking or swimming but my bust size is not reducing. Is this normal side effect of evorel50?is anyone else experiencing this please ?

I wish, I have been on HRT for 40+ years and I am still only a 32A, I am very small boned and very slight in general and weigh slightly under 50kg, however it would still be nice to have a decent bust. Lots of us would be very envious, but understand if you do not like the change.

valdali Mon 14-Sept-26 18:52:20

Msdaisy

Thank you Marieella I think I’m going to talk to my gp and get the dosage reduced. However as you say will I get any negative symptoms. I know in the scheme of things having bigger boobs isn’t the worst problem to have but I’m quite self conscious about them. I find I no longer enjoy wearing clothes like I used to as they are so unflattering.

I sympathise Msdaisy,
I'd be going to the GP to get the dosage lowered, people don't realise how uncomfortable & annoying really large boobs are, especially also as you're otherwise slim & would like to choose nice clothes & look OK in them.
Never needed HRT but my Mum had this side effect & I used to feel so sorry for her.