Gransnet forums

Health

Need help please it’s my boobs!

(29 Posts)
Msdaisy Sat 12-Sept-26 23:18:33

I am 66 and following a full hysterectomy I was encouraged to use oestrogen only hrt patches. I’ve had no problems with these I’ve had lots energy, gen health good. However over the period of about a year my bosoms have increased two cup sizes. I’m not otherwise overweight but do try to exercise most days by walking or swimming but my bust size is not reducing. Is this normal side effect of evorel50?is anyone else experiencing this please ?

Barbadosbelle Mon 14-Sept-26 19:46:43

eddiecat78

Is that all you got from the posting?
How shallow.
.

Madmeg Tue 15-Sept-26 00:10:15

I am always envious of ladies who think that a D-cup is more than big enough, but despite being just 5 foot 3 and weighing 7.5 stones I was already a G cup on my wedding day aged 20. Finding feeding bras for my first baby at age 27 was impossible. I found a local lady who was a rep for a bras-to-measure type company and at abt 5 months pregnant ordered two. She was insistent that ladies with larger boobs did not increase greatly during pregnancy. A month later the two bras arrived - already too small!

I endured cup sizes of up to K (and they didn't really fit) for the rest of my life and though I didn't remain slim, nor was I grossly overweight.

Now age nearly 75 and "thanks" to oral cancer, I am back to my wedding-day weight and the boobs about a G which, if you think about it, is as good as it gets for me. Sadly, the weight gain and then loss means they are not a pretty sight when unsupported, but it is what it is.

Franbern Tue 15-Sept-26 09:02:03

Seems that whatever our boob size is, we want something different. When I started 'developing' back in the early 1950's bras were sold via M&S and only in A B C cup sizes.
I was not overweight, but my boobs just kept growing. Indeed, I actually, very dramatically told my Mother that I was deformed!!!!

She managed to find a small lingerie shop who also stocked items from USA and actually measured customers. I was taken there (15 years old), and discovered I was a 36 DD. A properly fitting bra (very expensive), did wonders for my self-esteem, although I was still wearing jumpers two sizes too big to hide them!!! This shop even managed to find a strapless bra for me which gave me an excellent shape and support.

I used to hate swimming cossies - back then all in the same cup size (medium), and all my friends used to be able to take off the supporting strap, so as to get good suntan(!), finally, using this strapless bra underneath my cossie, so was I.

I can remember some years later, when one of my babes was born premature and I had a job getting her on my very ample breast, the midwife saying something about her having to deal with Everest. But I did manage eventually.

Some years after that I became very ill with Ulcerative Colitus and kept delaying having the operation which would give me a stoma and was being treated with large doses of Steroids. I lost a lot of weight - and my boobs became quite small for me - probably more normal. During this i was getting dressed to go to a special occasion in a dress I had in my wardrobe, purchased a few years earlier. When I put this on, it looked silly as it required my larger boobs, than I then had. I can remember bursting into tears and having to stuff cotton wool down my bra.

Thinking at the time....be careful of what you wish for.

As I have 'spread' a little in my latter year, my breasts look pretty normal now - 36 F, but do need so much more support . Even at night I now wear sports bras for this purpose.