Gransnet forums

House and home

A whole roll per day!

(79 Posts)
Oopsadaisy12 Fri 02-Mar-18 21:43:08

This might seem alarming but we appear to be using 1 whole roll of ( the one that puppies love) toilet roll Per Day! How can this be?
Although I have noticed that instead of 240 sheets per roll there are now only 200, but that is 100 sheets each!
Maybe the sheets are smaller?
I can’t understand how or why, I will investigate further, maybe DH is using it for other purposes?
If so it will have to stop him, this stuff isn’t cheap!
Sorry about the excessive quantity of exclamation marks.
Maybe I should get out more......

MissAdventure Fri 02-Mar-18 21:44:54

I suspect somebody is being extravagant! Its a lot to use!

Chewbacca Fri 02-Mar-18 21:50:35

You need to install one of these Oops

Single Sheet Toilet Paper Dispensers - KIMBERLY-CLARK PROFESSIONAL* - KIMBERLY-CLARK PROFESSIONAL* Australia
www.kcprofessional.com.au › products

Oopsadaisy12 Fri 02-Mar-18 22:00:04

A single sheet?
Oh my...
That might be a step too far...

Oopsadaisy12 Fri 02-Mar-18 22:01:48

Methinks that further investigation is needed.

oldgoat Fri 02-Mar-18 22:43:04

Why not buy some of that nice shiny Izal paper. Your family won't be extravagent with that!

Chewbacca Fri 02-Mar-18 22:49:36

Eurgh! I remember Izal, it was awful! grin

Oopsadaisy12 Fri 02-Mar-18 22:49:43

Crikey oldgoat, that would definitely be several steps too far.
We wouldn’t use any of it!
Can you still buy it?

Chewbacca Fri 02-Mar-18 22:51:48

You'll be happy to know that someone on EBay is selling "new and unused genuine Izal toilet paper £4.99 per roll". Get your bid in quick!

Jalima1108 Fri 02-Mar-18 23:35:16

Do you have any visiting children?
DD used to pull off reams of toilet paper and use it to wrap up her dolls for some reason. Instead of wearing nice dolly clothes they all looked like mummies.

Oopsadaisy12 Fri 02-Mar-18 23:58:40

I’m investigating
I will report back

Oopsadaisy12 Sat 03-Mar-18 00:00:19

Chewbacca, so pleased that the Izal is unused, however, £4.99!! Goodness.

merlotgran Sat 03-Mar-18 00:13:17

Remember Bronco?

He certainly wasn't tearing across the Texas plain in my school toilets. grin

annsixty Sat 03-Mar-18 07:02:37

I have a friend whose H will only use Izal. In their bathroom there are 2 holders, his and hers.
It hadn't occurred to me that it was hard to buy, I must aske her where she gets it from.
When my S is with us he uses the roll for blowing his nose and pulls off reams of the stuff, does your H have a cold or rhinitis Oopsadaisy?

Oopsadaisy12 Sat 03-Mar-18 07:19:42

Ah ha! Annsixty, he does and is going to book an appointment with the doc as soon as the snow goes or we go on holiday, whichever is sooner.
He used the very word Rhinitis!

Why would someone only use Izal?

morethan2 Sat 03-Mar-18 08:03:25

I hope he hasn’t been putting all that down the loo, that much may cause an expensive blockage. We’ve had the dreaded virus but use nice soft cotton hankies. They are kinder to your nose. smile if you know what your doing you don’t have to handle them too much when washing

Greyduster Sat 03-Mar-18 08:32:16

My GS is a fiend with toilet paper; pulls off reams of it and has to be “educated” regularly. He also can’t live without the bottom wet wipes, but is restricted to one per poo!

Baggs Sat 03-Mar-18 08:35:57

Minibaggs is extravagent with loo paper. She gets ticked off regularly but I might as well bang my head on a brick wall ? I reckon once she has to start paying for loo roll she'll mend her ways and, because she's a bossy boots, will nag other people about their wastefulness ?

MamaCaz Sat 03-Mar-18 09:03:51

Don't hold your breath, Baggs (oops, maybe not the best expression to use, given the topic grin ). Mr MamaCaz has never got past that extravagent stage, despite my many attempts to 'educate' him over the last 40 years!

Oopsadaisy12 Sat 03-Mar-18 10:25:47

I casually mentioned ( at least I thought it was casually, DH immediately looked fierce) that there were boxes of tissues around the house that would be softer for him to use, he sniffed ( probably not on purpose) and said ‘oh yes, so there are’ so far he hasn’t used them, although it’s difficult to see from my lookout in the airing cupboard.
I hope the snow goes soon as I really do need to get out

shysal Sat 03-Mar-18 11:12:50

Thanks to recommendations by Gnetters I now buy Nicky Elite loo paper. At 18 rolls for £3.99 I can afford not to be stingy with it. It is better than most brands of all prices that I previously tried. Nicky is sold in discount stores like Savers.

Oopsadaisy12 Sat 03-Mar-18 11:51:36

Sadly DH will only consider using the one that puppies eat.

DiscoGran Sat 03-Mar-18 14:21:15

My friend once complained that her daughter was using too much TP. Turned out she was putting reams of it in the loo before use, "to avoid splash-back" hahahaha. Oh dear, TMI?

Oopsadaisy12 Sat 03-Mar-18 15:19:21

Yes Disco
Far too much....

Leah50 Sun 04-Mar-18 08:35:44

Reminded me of visiting relatives from Canada back in the 80's. I couldn't understand how we'd got through 12 toilet rolls in 7 days, until our drain was blocked. Found that the two women were each using huge amounts of paper to blot their curly perms after every shower & bath....the norm at home at the time apparently!