Gransnet forums

House and home

Woollen Blankets

(9 Posts)
Chewing19Fescue Sun 29-Apr-18 19:07:17

I have some lovely Witney double blankets, but don’t use them any more and don’t know what to do with them. I’ve tried using them as throws etc. But they are just too big and unwieldy. Any thoughts ?

Kittye Sun 29-Apr-18 20:04:28

I gave mine to the charity shop as I felt they were too good to throw away. I'm sure someone will find a use for them.

grannyticktock Sun 29-Apr-18 22:41:21

I gave a couple of blankets to a night shelter for the homeless.

charliebrown Sun 29-Apr-18 22:48:53

Our local animal rescue homes take blankets, towels, etc.

cornergran Sun 29-Apr-18 23:08:21

Gave ours to a refuge, we kept one for visitors who find a duvet doesn’t give enough weight when it’s cold.

mrsmopp Mon 30-Apr-18 00:00:47

Salvation Army. Took ours there yesterday. They really need them, as well as clothing for men, socks etc. these guys have nothing...

MontanaGal Mon 30-Apr-18 00:52:19

I would hold on to them. You never know when you may loose electrical power or have any other type of emergency. They would be worth their weight in gold then.
Wool keeps you warm even when wet.

M0nica Mon 30-Apr-18 08:25:01

Give them to a charity shop or better still sell them on ebay. They are much in demand.

DD has ditched her duvet and prefers blankets and is insistent they have to be wool. Recently she has been re-upholstering her three piece 1960s Ercol living room furniture in wool blankets. They are deliciously warm to sit on in winter and surprisingly cool in summer. She scours charity shops and ebay fro them but they sell quickly.

Panache Mon 30-Apr-18 08:46:44

Our Sheltered Housing/Retirement complexes are yet another area that gratefully accept these blankets,whilst the Red Cross,Salvation Army, etc welcome anything that gives warmth and comfort to those in greatest need.