Gransnet forums

House and home

seeking ironing board advice

(11 Posts)
Alexa Wed 13-Feb-19 16:33:31

I need one that's stable, the rubber feet don't come off, it can be lowered for a me I'm 5 ft and one inch, and the iron rest is okay for a steam iron

kittylester Wed 13-Feb-19 16:44:06

I've got a Brabantia which I've had for years. It's height adjustable and well made.

Kittye Wed 13-Feb-19 19:27:05

Another Brabantia fan here. I’m an inch taller than you Alexa no problem with height of board. Had mine for years too

Beau Wed 13-Feb-19 20:26:25

I've got 2 Brabantias as my original one is still in my flat down South and I needed one here - my original is over 20 years old and still perfect so I didn't hesitate to buy a special edition Brabantia here - pink metal with flamingos on the cover ?
It's sturdy enough but not as heavy and 'substantial' as my original. I would always go for a mesh board as they are so much more efficient.

MiniMoon Wed 13-Feb-19 22:16:11

I've had my Brabantia ironing board for donkey's years. It is stable and height adjustable. My DH bought me a new steam ironing system with a new ironing board, and I hated it. I put it away and use my much loved old one.

PECS Wed 13-Feb-19 22:23:28

Oh just stop ironing..it is possible..I have done it grin

demetrio Thu 14-Feb-19 04:17:28

I don't do iron by myself, there is a shop near me from there this work completed for me.. smile
But this website has posted an in-depth review of best ironing board review - you can check it out wallmountedreviews.com/best-wall-mount-ironing-board-reviews/

Nanabanana1 Thu 14-Feb-19 05:07:21

Ironing???

Alexa Thu 14-Feb-19 13:55:42

Thanks all. Brabantia seems to be the most popular. I have had to move downstairs in my house and I also like the luxury of an ironing board that's permanently up ready for use as that's one of my favourite labour savings.I plan to put an American cloth cover over it when it's not in use.

I have actually not been ironing since my fall and I was surprised how few things really need ironing for them to look decent.

petra Fri 15-Feb-19 07:54:02

Alexa
You mentioned a fall. I'm assuming that this made ironing difficult in some way?
Some years ago I had a really bad back so started ironing sitting down. I found it awkward at first but found I carried on when my back was better.
I have my ironing board up all the time.

Alexa Fri 15-Feb-19 16:03:58

Thanks Petra, I can stand up to iron as do very little anyway. I do sit down to grate cheese, peel spuds and apples, and rub in crumble mix and so on.

I actually bought my new ironing board today and have covered it with a fleece blanket and plastic tray and have bought a pvc oval shaped table cloth to keep it clean when not in use. Actually it looks rather smart with the plaid patterned fleece blanket on.