Gransnet forums

House and home

Mattress

(16 Posts)
MOLIY Fri 23-Aug-19 09:45:22

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Badenkate Tue 23-Apr-19 22:06:35

Another one here who bought an Emma mattress. We love it, really comfortable and returns straight back to its original state without any dips. We're so pleased we're buying one for another bed.

Jane10 Tue 23-Apr-19 22:02:02

Yes I settled on a Rest Assured one with memory foam and pocket springs. Its not as good as my last one though.

Harris27 Tue 23-Apr-19 21:59:27

Just purchased a new slumberland mattress with memory foam mattress it's lovely but harder than the original one glad I bought it.

craftyone Tue 23-Apr-19 20:35:54

hypnos. Superbly comfortable but need to be turned or flipped every 3 months and even the single is very heavy. I keep track by writing numbers 1 to 4 on the head and foot ends

Son was very well treated by dreams, had a mattress and didn`t get on with it, they came and collected it and replaced with a different make. He was very happy with their customer service

EmmaHarmon Tue 23-Apr-19 11:38:42

Honestly, you can’t just pick up and say a specific copy that suits you. Determine a number of factors, and then you can compare different options jonsguide.org//best-extra-firm-mattress-reviews/

nanasam Thu 28-Mar-19 10:21:24

We fell in love with the mattresses they use in Premier Inns with the pillow top. We tracked them down - Hypnos is the make and they are sold in John Lewis. Now having the best nights sleeps ever!

Jane10 Thu 28-Mar-19 10:12:47

The lady in the shop where I bought mine told me I'd need to try a mattress for at least half and hour but warned me in case I fell asleep that the shop closed at 6pm. It was 10 am at the time!
You don't half feel an idiot lying on a bed in out door clothing with shoes on etc while other shoppers wander past!

Esspee Wed 27-Mar-19 22:22:32

We bought mattresses from IKEA and have been delighted with them. Very reasonably priced too.

callgirl1 Wed 27-Mar-19 22:00:01

Slightly off topic, why do hotels have such deep mattresses? They make the bed so high that a little short a-se like me has difficulty getting into bed. My daughter, who shares with me is always howling with laughter at my struggles!

M0nica Wed 27-Mar-19 17:15:35

Go and visit a big bed/mattress retailer, Dreams or John Lewis or similar, and try every mattress there. Take your own pillow if necessary.

grannyticktock Wed 27-Mar-19 17:11:16

I've recently bought an Emma Mattress. It's made from various layers and grades of foam, and I absolutely love it, I've never been so comfortable. It stays very smooth and even, not bouncy, so even if I had a partner in the bed, I think we'd both sleep well without disturbing each other. (This is a matter of conjecture, as I am widowed and may never get the chance to try it out with a partner!)

I chose this because Which? recommended it so highly. I ordered online, so didn't get the chance to try it out, but I have no regrets. Not cheap, but they always seem to have some sort of offer on. They say they'll take it back after 100 days if you don't like it. Well, they're not getting this one back!

Jane10 Wed 27-Mar-19 07:15:53

I've been mattress shopping too. What a minefield. I'd no idea there were so many choices and fashions. It looks like these 'mattress in a box' and use of natural wool toppings are 'in' at present. I was looking for a replacement for our memory foam and box spring mattress which we're the in thing last time I was looking. Apparently not any more. Anyway I found one. Hope its delivered soon.
Good luck Cdeva1977!

Tartlet Wed 27-Mar-19 02:19:51

I bought a Simba mattress last year and have been delighted with it. It somehow manages to be quite soft and comfy but also very supportive.

Cdeva1977 Tue 26-Mar-19 21:31:59

I have looked at R.E.M.-fit firm control
With 2000 spring pockets. Has anyone had this?

Cdeva1977 Tue 26-Mar-19 21:30:34

Help! Any recommendations please.
Thank you