Gransnet forums

House and home

I cannot believe it has happened again.

(17 Posts)
MooM00 Thu 16-May-19 21:11:42

I had some bad news this morning. My niece died last November with cancer at the age of 30 she left 3 very young children aged 2, 4, and 6. Their dad took over and did a wonderful job. Working 3 days a week and 2 off to be with the children. Planning to take them on Holiday in September. 2 of the children have just Celebrated their Birthdays and the youngest one is 3 this weekend. Their dad was found dead this morning by the 6 year old he had died of a brain aneurysm age 32. I just cannot believe these young children are going trough the same thing again less than 6 months ago. I have heard of at least 4 young people in their early 30s in the last couple of years. What on earth is happening!!!!!

Lily65 Thu 16-May-19 21:15:15

Moo, absolutely not wishing to be awkward but this is major trauma and please please get professional help and the children too.

Bellasnana Thu 16-May-19 21:29:08

This is one of the saddest posts I have ever read and my heart goes out to you and your family. What a dreadful shock for you all. So sorry.flowers

Luckygirl Thu 16-May-19 22:13:12

So sad. Those poor children.

crazyH Thu 16-May-19 22:20:49

Is this your second post on this sad situation? I'm almost sure I read this earlier ...in any case, please accept my condolences ..

gt66 Thu 16-May-19 22:37:42

I'm so sorry to hear this. What a terrible thing to happen to those children. So, so sad and certainly puts life's minor worries into perspective.

Moocow Thu 16-May-19 22:43:35

Words are not enough!

callgirl1 Thu 16-May-19 23:08:43

So, so sorry, there aren`t the words to say how much I feel for this poor little family.

Framilode Thu 16-May-19 23:24:08

This is just awful. I am so sorry.

TwiceAsNice Thu 16-May-19 23:28:01

What a terrible shock for you all and the poor children. I’m so sorry. Please make sure someone helps the children understand what has happened and get them some professional support

cornergran Thu 16-May-19 23:30:55

I’m so sorry, this is devastating, particularly for the children. You must all be in shock. I hope there is loving support, particularly for the little ones.

Clintondog99 Thu 16-May-19 23:48:09

So sorry for your loss, please get some support for the children. You may need help yourself too as it's a terrible shock for you. Then the children's future may need to think about you need help there god bless you,good luck

Namsnanny Fri 17-May-19 00:00:50

Moo, what awful news for you! I am so sorry.

I do hope the children have some support from their family.

As another poster suggested perhaps you should consider bereavement counselling?

Certainly I hope the children are getting some psychotherapy to help them, poor little mites.

jeanie99 Fri 17-May-19 00:51:56

My heart goes out to you and the children in this most terrible of situations.
Only you know the situation with regards to who takes over the upbringing of the little ones but do get help for yourself also. You need to talk all this through with someone a friend or professional.

ninathenana Fri 17-May-19 06:53:21

How very sad for those children and all the family. I can't begin to imagine how you are feeling thanks
As has been said the children will probably need professional help. Don't be afraid to seek help yourself either if you feel the need.

Resurgam123 Fri 17-May-19 06:59:33

I do wonder how people manage such awful things one after another.

Bathsheba Fri 17-May-19 07:27:38

Oh how tragic, those poor little children. And such a shock for you and their wider family. You haven't mentioned grandparents - I do hope they are nearby and have been able to take the children under their wings.

How will those poor little mites ever get over this trauma? sad