Gransnet forums

House and home

Which is the Best Energy Comparison Site

(30 Posts)
jeanie99 Sat 18-May-19 18:40:49

Our energy supplier Extra Energy closed down while we were on holiday last November.
Ofgem moved us to Scottish power while we were away.
Having looked at our first bill it does seem that we are paying way too much.
We have decided to check out the comparison sites, BUT who do we use.
Recommendations please.

Luckygirl Fri 24-May-19 08:53:51

I am sickened by all these varied private energy companies. It is all a mess. And who wants to waste their life shopping around and wading through the complexities of all the different offers and tariffs? I would rather be getting on with life. The system favours those who are financially savvy and have the time and energy to shop around - the same people who were disadvantaged by the previous energy monopoly are also the ones for whom this system disadvantages.

Bring back the old electricity boards.

Charleygirl5 Fri 24-May-19 11:07:28

Luckygirl I agree, I have a friend who is not computer literate in the slightest so ends up paying vast amounts for her electricity- she has oil delivered for heating.

maria94 Thu 26-Nov-20 13:18:20

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Whiff Thu 26-Nov-20 14:07:10

I was always with npower for both . When I moved I looked a compare the market .com. There where some cheaper companies but never heard of them. Npower was the cheapest for me. A friend of mine changed to a company I had never heard of. They have just sent her a bill upping her payments by just over £70 a month. She is already in credit with them but when she phoned them they said it was to cover winter costs and won't change the payments . Her contract with them isn't up until March.