Gransnet forums

House and home

For those who have used an oven cleaning service.....

(22 Posts)
phoenix Sat 29-Jun-19 14:04:29

Please may I ask roughly how much it costs?

A new service, I believe it is a franchise (Brillo Lad grin) has started in our local area.

They have given me a quote, but before I book would just like to check the going rate.

Thank you.

shysal Sat 29-Jun-19 14:20:06

I have checked 2 local companies to me and their adverts quote 'from £40' and '£55' for a single oven. There are sometimes special offers on Groupon too. I hope you find a good price.
I use Oven Pride which works beautifully once I get around to it. The box had been on my kitchen counter for months to jog my memory!

sunseeker Sat 29-Jun-19 14:23:50

I think it depends on the oven. I have received a quote for my 2 oven Rayburn of £120. This is from a "one man band" rather than a franchise (my experience with a franchise was not good!)

GrannyGravy13 Sat 29-Jun-19 14:25:41

I pay £50 for a large oven, and top burners, if I have the whole of the range cleaned it is £80. Worth every penny!!

Charleygirl5 Sat 29-Jun-19 14:25:51

phoenix you probably know I live in London so it is more expensive here- around £80 but he is here for around 3 hours- and is very meticulous.

kittylester Sat 29-Jun-19 14:28:01

I use Ovenu and have just been quoted £140 for my one and a half width range cooker and the extractor. I had been quoted £130 by a local chap who is a friend of my cleaner but let us down at the last minute.

I would be concerned about someone with 'brillo' in his name.

Charleygirl5 Sat 29-Jun-19 14:30:49

Mine is also Ovenu and I forgot to say I only use it around every 3 years so for me it is money well spent as I loathe the job. I never want to use my oven for ages afterwards- it is a single electric oven.

phoenix Sat 29-Jun-19 14:31:18

Hmm, interesting!

I have what I would call a "standard" cooker, i. e large oven below, small oven/grill above.

The quote was £60.

Previously when I looked into a professional oven clean (it was going to be a surprise present for Mr P's birthday grin ) there wasnt anyone offering the service in our area.

Perhaps that as it is a rural area, prices might be a bit higher due to travel distance/costs?

GrandmaKT Sat 29-Jun-19 14:36:17

I contacted a local firm for a quotation recently. For my one and a half oven plus grill and hotplates plus extractor fan, I was quoted £170 shock
Back to the Oven Pride!

phoenix Sat 29-Jun-19 14:42:22

Thank you for the responses.

The chap reckons around 2 hours 30 minutes.

I have told him that the grill pan and oven trays are fine, but says that they just go "in the tank" confused and the real hard work is in doing the interior of the ovens.

I suppose that makes sense?

KatyK Sat 29-Jun-19 14:46:33

Someone over the road from us had an oven cleaning van parked on the drive. The van was emblazoned with 'oven cleaning service £49.99'.

phoenix Sat 29-Jun-19 14:49:03

kittylester I'm pretty sure after googling, that "Brillo" is a newish oven cleaning franchise company.

The operator lives in the village, and when I mentioned it in the shop while collecting the papers, the person behind the counter said she has used him and was so impressed that she was loath to actually use her oven after!

I suppose the thing is, that although it's a franchise, the fact that the operator lives in the village should mean that he values his reputation locally.

Word of mouth means a lot round here!

annodomini Sat 29-Jun-19 14:53:22

I think mine - single electric oven and gas hob - was about £50. He did an excellent job and used substances that he said were environmentally friendly and they didn't leave an unpleasantly 'chemical' smell behind.
Another 12 years, and I will use him again. grin

SueDonim Sat 29-Jun-19 14:56:24

That sounds par for the course, Phoenix. I used a local chap last year, not part of a chain, and paid £45 for one large oven. I think he said it would be £15 for the extractor fan but I can't recall whether I said yes or no to that as it doesn't get used much. I open a window instead. grin

lemongrove Sat 29-Jun-19 14:57:13

I use The Cotswold Oven Valeting service, oven cleaning costs £45, and takes around an hour, they do a spectacular job, like a new oven every time.

Franbern Sat 29-Jun-19 19:52:59

Have used this service twice, about three years apart. My double oven costs (ie. normal oven and oven/grill), about £60 and comes up like new, including the door windows Wonderful!!!!!

MawBroonsback Sat 29-Jun-19 20:01:32

Ovenu charged me I think about £80 for a 7 ring hob range cooker with 4 ovens, including new bulbs in the oven lights and completely taking everything to bits (including the fans) and reassembling!
No way could I have attempted all that.

Beammeupscottie Sat 29-Jun-19 20:02:09

Groupon will probably have an offer. I pay £35 for one oven with their offer.

MawBroonsback Sat 29-Jun-19 20:03:14

Reading the other posts it might have been more but not much over £100. Took about three hours.

Suki70 Sat 29-Jun-19 23:00:51

I'm in South London and two years running have used OvenClean in January when there is a £10 off offer. Double oven cost £50, took one and a half hours and was immaculate.

Joyfulnanna Sun 30-Jun-19 09:59:37

We want to buy a sofa and haven't found a comfortable supportive one that's not too traditional. Would be interested in any suggestions.

Suki70 Sun 30-Jun-19 21:25:31

Phoenix my ovens are the same as yours and for the last two years I've paid £40 or £50 for cleaning by OvenClean. Both times this was with a £10 off New Year offer. I'm in South London.