I moved into my flat in 2011 and inherited the washing machine.It is a Bosch and has worked perfectly well ever since. For about 6 months it has made a horrendous noise when spinning and I got a mechanic from Bosch to look at it this week. He said the machine was 15 years old, there was nothing wrong with it, he adjusted the feet and said he would order new feet for it. I didn't pay for the call out as I have Domestic & General Insurance and this covers the washing machine, tumble dryer and fridge freezer and will cover the feet and the call out to fit them. Before I moved into the flat my fitted kitchen and appliances (Neff) were 22 years old all working perfectly, dishwasher, ceramic hob, oven/microwave, washing machine, fridge freezer and all in pristine condition, but it was a bit embarrassing when prospective buyers said your kitchen is beautiful when did you have it fitted?!!!.
So Phoenix you might just need your washing machine's feet adjusted or try putting something under the machine to even it out if it just happens with towels. Good Luck anyway!