Gransnet forums

House and home

Clothes Hangers

(12 Posts)
Bussy Sat 16-Nov-19 23:01:58

Hi Ladies, I have a quick question. Clothes Hangers drive me round the bend especially when I am trying to keep them tidy. I don’t want them taking up space in the wardrobes, does anyone have any bright light ideas how to store them without them falling all over the place when you attempt to prise one out of the bundle ?

wildswan16 Sun 17-Nov-19 06:53:28

Perhaps the previous thread might help.

www.gransnet.com/forums/chat/1267750-Coat-Hangers

tanith Sun 17-Nov-19 08:52:45

I only keep one or two spare hangers I don’t see the need to keep loads. Why do you need to keep so many they cause a problem?

Bussy Sun 17-Nov-19 09:41:56

Thank you very much @wildswan16

Bussy Sun 17-Nov-19 09:45:52

That’s the big question @tanith why do I keep all these hangers ? There is a lot of shirts in our house. Through the years I have carried out a hanger trawl and gotten rid of excess hangers, then I would find myself having to buy more ! I am a bit of a ‘that will come in useful someday’ person too which doesn’t help thlssmile

tanith Sun 17-Nov-19 10:16:24

Bussy I can remember the days of hanging and ironing not only OHs daily clean shirts but own service shirts when we were both working but sadly no longer as OH passed away and myself now long retired there are only a couple of blouses/ shirts in my wardrobe.

shysal Sun 17-Nov-19 11:08:18

I use one of these.
coat hanger storage

Hetty58 Sun 17-Nov-19 11:16:51

I've never bought a clothes hanger in my life - I think they must breed in those wardrobes. My daughter bought matching ones for her new house, quite to my surprise.

I took the wooden and bulky ones to the charity shop and kept the thinner ones. There's more room for yet more clothes now. I have those extender thingies for all my tops too!

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174061306224

jeanie99 Sun 17-Nov-19 20:35:44

Bussy if you want to keep the spare one, tie them together and put in the loft or where ever until you need to use them.
Problem solved and no stress for you.

Sillygrandma5GK Mon 18-Nov-19 20:36:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Alexa Tue 19-Nov-19 11:50:04

I try to limit wardrobe to a set number of hangers so if I need to hang something such as shirt I fold something else and put it in a drawer. My trousers and knitwear can go in drawers .

Bussy Thu 21-Nov-19 13:50:03

Thank you for all the replies I’m going to invest in your suggestions, makes for less clutter.