Gransnet forums

House and home

Voiles or vertical blinds floor to ceiling windows?

(29 Posts)
HettyMaud Sat 30-Nov-19 16:39:56

We have huge floor to ceiling windows (lovely views of garden). Should we use vertical blinds or voiles? (Have researched actual curtains and this would mean spending a fortune.) Nobody overlooks us but would be nice to shut out the dark nights. If voiles, because of the large width, how would they be pulled back? DH favours vertical blinds as they are neat and tidy. However I love the soft look of voiles (and think they would be cheaper). Has anyone experience of either or both? Advice please.

MollyPolly60 Thu 12-Dec-19 00:17:05

@BradfordLass72
Lovely and fresh looking

Buffybee Thu 12-Dec-19 03:02:16

My daughter has Voiles on her sliding doors leading to the Conservatory, they look lovely.
I also think that vertical blinds look very unattractive.

Newquay Thu 12-Dec-19 06:25:10

Funnily enough we’ve just had new cream vertical blinds at the south facing patio doors of our kitchen and a new roller blind at west kitchen window. Both good sun blinds and look good at night although we’re not overlooked. The verticals match the same as sun blinds in the back bedroom and bathroom so they all match at the back of the house. DD2 said she thought they looked like an office too but we like them! At the front, facing the road, we have cream Venetian blinds, as well as curtains-a great improvement on previous voiles which became very grey looking.