I still have a churning stomach when I think of all those curtains that I made for our town house 2 houses ago, all that fabric spread over the lounge floor, then pinned up hems while hanging and doing proper hems after they dropped. Yuk. I am a good seamstress have been sewing on a machine for 64 years but I turned the children down when they asked me to make curtains. Never again after that mighty session
The last house had massive windows and I sewed long dunelm curtains together to make one curtain for our bedroom. I did love the new linen fabric, really splashed out on that and in the end it was money wasted, or maybe not because it was a cheery curtain and added to the ambience
The garden was hard muscle-building work again. 12 bags of mushroom compost mulched some plants and wall edges. The obelisk hole was the worst, 1/2 a m diameter and I got 6" down and banged the pry bar down hard and heard that horrible clunk when it hit rocks. 5 big buckets of builders mank came out and 1 bag of horse compost went in as well as backfill, plenty of mank left but I think I did enough for a small area. The soil below is not only manky but horribly compressed. You gotto laugh, the 2 male owners have done no digging, one has a `wild` natural grass area and the other uses a mower at the back but his front is turning to weeds again. They will both have nasty yellow grass in a couple of years as the soil underneath turns sour
Interestingly, the remaining houses on this development have increased in value. I think mine is already worth about 20k more than I paid for it
I have never had blinds perviously but they suit this house best of all, my 2 male neighbours have blinds on all windows and one has shutters on the lower half of his 2 bay windows. My windows are not bay. I like that I can tilt them to get light but be invisible if I am sitting doing booger all like now
What's next for Meghan and Harry?
Words of wisdom from literary gransnetters
We are surrounded by sea so why is fish so expensive?
EE sending me a new SIM card because I opted for a new deal.

