Gransnet forums

House and home

How to get solicitors to get a move on......?

(78 Posts)
Luckygirl Thu 03-Sep-20 14:00:47

It is about 6 weeks since I instructed solicitors for the conveyancing for my house move. I keep gently poking her on the email and have answered reams of questions, found lots of papers to answer questions and generally done a whole heap of work on it; and then I find out that yesterday - only yesterday! - she has sent of for searches for the place I am buying! It is driving me nuts!

The builder of the new-build that I am buying has just ring wanting to know what the heck is going on.

I just do not know whether to poke her a bit more pointedly; or whether to try and keep her onside by being gentle.

I feel like wringing her neck frankly!

Namsnanny Tue 22-Sep-20 12:12:45

midgey

Oh Luckygirl you must be spitting feathers. I’m so sorry you are having yet another nightmare.

Same here Luckygirlangry for you!
It's no consolation I know, but at least you can say you've done your best.

Ellianne Tue 22-Sep-20 13:28:22

Oh Luckygirl, the hold ups are so tiresome and time consuming. Of course, it is urgent, there could be another lockdown on the way and the stamp duty holiday won't last forever. We were finding information for our solicitor quicker than the other solicitors were sending it across.
They have furloughed a lot of the junior staff who do a lot of the running around searches and are either too busy or too high and mighty to do it themselves!
Hold your nerve, Luckygirl, fingers crossed it will happen.