Gransnet forums

House and home

Riser/recliner chairs

(29 Posts)
Franbern Wed 31-Mar-21 12:21:20

Has anyone purchased one of these recently. I do have an electric recliner chair, but have been having some problems actually getting out of it recently, and thought of getting a riser/recliner.
The differences in prices is incredible, ranging from a few hundred pounds to a few thousand!!!
Had one 'salesman' here this morning, demontrating the Grosvenor chairs. Very nice, but very expensive.
See that CareCo sell them for under a grand,
So, is buying cheaper, going to be more expensive in the long run.
I want one with a dual motor, so that the back and the legs can operate separately.
Anyone purchased one of these recently and has any thoughts and recommendations?

Katie59 Fri 11-Jun-21 12:33:28

As others have said riser chairs are outrageously expensive new, there are plenty advertised second hand for a fraction of the cost. They are heavy, you will need a couple of strong men to move them.

Franbern Fri 11-Jun-21 16:06:01

Main problem with getting a second had one, is the size may not be suitable for you. width between arm rests, heigh, feet need to be firmly and flat on floor before starting the riser. I also need something for my neck and also for my lumbar region.

When I consider that I spend most of my waking hours in this chair, I do not think that the high cost is too much.

ginny Fri 11-Jun-21 16:32:39

We took MIL to HSL. The sales person was very patient and non pushy. Wanted to make sure the chair was the right width, depth , height etc. Good choice of fabrics too. Not cheap but she is very pleased with it.