I started thinking about my table lamps in the living room. They are brass, from the early 80's, good quality. I need new shades and was looking around websites to see what shape of shade is more 'in' but sadly I am realizing my lamps are sadly out of fashion.
I have a new couch and chair on order, so now wondering if I should indulge in new lamps, or just replace the shades on perfectly good quality lamps, if they are a little stodgy.
Will they end up on Antiques Roadshow one day, with someone saying "I picked them up at a charity shop for almost nothing!", or will I just end up with a living room that screams 'Seniors live here!" if I keep them?
Please excuse any punctuation errors.
Good Morning Wednesday 7th October 2026
Mum's 90th birthday bash coming up
EE sending me a new SIM card because I opted for a new deal.
